Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i imported demons souls way back when and it was one of the best decisions ive made as a gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

ive never beat or even got very far in demons, i even have a chinese copy from before it got released in the west

how far did you get ?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

how far did you get ?

not really very far at all

Dec 26, 2012

im not sure if id be able to go back to des, or even das, after bloodborne

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

01011001 posted:

im not sure if id be able to go back to des, or even das, after bloodborne

i hadnt played dark souls in like a year when bloodborne came out and then recently i played it again and now it feels really slow and easy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

vicar amelia is insanely hard. is it just me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-381_eYdL10 <----- me

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
that's one of the the best parts of souls games: strugglin on a boss and gettin to the point where you wonder if you'll ever beat it and then you finally do by the skin of your teeth but when you replay the game you get to the same boss and beat it on your first try with no trouble

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
amelia was easy for me both times so far... just stick to her sides and look for her freak out tells. fire paper makes it go even faster.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
fire paper + untransformed saw cleaver equals pwning amelia every time unless your a noob

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the hardest enemy for me in the whole game is just the generic snake men in the forbidden woods. I've prolly died to just some shmuck with a snake for a head more than any boss in the whole game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

the hardest enemy for me in the whole game is just the generic snake men in the forbidden woods. I've prolly died to just some shmuck with a snake for a head more than any boss in the whole game

Theyre fuckers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't figured out their parry window because their attack animation is a weird multi strike mess of snake heads

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Im sturgglin with ehr now :negative:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never killed a single winter's lantern in my entire time through the game, i just run past them

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

i've never killed a single winter's lantern in my entire time through the game, i just run past them

When I first encountered one I tried to kill it, but after dying a couple of times I just said nope.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
apparently if you parry them, the parry window gives you i-frames through the frenzy going off so you take little if no damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh, they have a huge parry window. i might try that when i run through nightmare frontier next time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apparently if you parry them, the parry window gives you i-frames through the frenzy going off so you take little if no damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

whoa sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i bet we get Bloodborne dlc details at e3 in two weeks. are there any locked doors they never end up using, or is it gonna be like ds1 where they just add in a new NPC and different location. Pretty easy to do considering the nightmare levels already exist in some different plane and there could just be a new portal somewhere to transport you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i bet we get Bloodborne dlc details at e3 in two weeks. are there any locked doors they never end up using, or is it gonna be like ds1 where they just add in a new NPC and different location. Pretty easy to do considering the nightmare levels already exist in some different plane and there could just be a new portal somewhere to transport you

the floor hatch thing inside the byrgenworth building always looks super suspicious to me, but i hope they just spawn a golden golem inside the iosefka's cave that you have to reload the game after killing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

the floor hatch thing inside the byrgenworth building always looks super suspicious to me, but i hope they just spawn a golden golem inside the iosefka's cave that you have to reload the game after killing

ooo I hope it's a byrgenworth area, that area is surprisingly tiny for how much it's talked about...opening the hatch and stumbling down a cellar or catacomb of hundreds of years of history would be so sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

there's one locked door in the cathedral ward, where if you go down the stairs away from the big square to where the giant with the ball and chain is chiling, there was a chest down a hallway with a locked door behind it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's one locked door in the cathedral ward, where if you go down the stairs away from the big square to where the giant with the ball and chain is chiling, there was a chest down a hallway with a locked door behind it

Yeah, I remember that. So nothing ever unlocked that? That could be it, considering you can look out from above there and see a huge bridge and more city

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

that one connects to the door on the bridge after the first boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6UN9kehuig

theres no known way to unlock it

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
That door connects directly to the bridge where you fight the cleric beast. They probably just changed their minds about that shortcut, it can't lead to a new place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's what you think, but, you're going to open it and there will be a giant portal behind it and you'll be in a new nightmare

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i wish there was more of the lovecraft "eldritch thing beneath the water" than just one boss fight. a sunken city that you can still run through would be so cool

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm actually curious how Fromsoft would handle a sequel to this assuming they do one. All of the Lovecraft poo poo in the game was kind of a twist that I don't think many people expected and they kept all that pretty well hidden leading up to the games release. I just wonder if there's anyway they could recreate that in a sequel or if it would be more like DS2 where it feels like the plot and worldbuilding was just "you know the deal, go kill poo poo"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if they wanted to do an artorias type thing, then going into memory or back in time to fight laurence would be pretty cool

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm actually curious how Fromsoft would handle a sequel to this assuming they do one. All of the Lovecraft poo poo in the game was kind of a twist that I don't think many people expected and they kept all that pretty well hidden leading up to the games release. I just wonder if there's anyway they could recreate that in a sequel or if it would be more like DS2 where it feels like the plot and worldbuilding was just "you know the deal, go kill poo poo"

the souls games are sort of miyazaki's take on western epic fantasy, and bloodborne is his take on pulp horror. it would be cool to see him do sci fi.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the more i play bloodborne the more i can tell they had to rush to get it released. for example if you position the camera to look inside of Eileen's like, model, she doesnt have a face ... but everyone in Dark Souls has a face. theres also like a million half finished buildings and graphic errors everywhere. like literalyl hundreds of them. there wasnt any of that in dark souls except for the floating door in duke's archives. i think sony pressured them to release it quickly

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea, but all things considered those are such small issues. it really tells a story of a dream team that can work on any deadline imho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if it really is a rush job that's really impressive

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

yea, but all things considered those are such small issues. it really tells a story of a dream team that can work on any deadline imho

its really good and i think the dlc is going to be the best poo poo since sliced bread

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloodborne will continue the Souls tradition of having the DLC be the best part of an already great game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

i wish there was more of the lovecraft "eldritch thing beneath the water" than just one boss fight. a sunken city that you can still run through would be so cool

it would be really cool to have some sort of r'lyeh DLC with odd geometry and hosed up monsters. Kind of like the nightmare frontier but more city-esque

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Bloodborne will continue the Souls tradition of having the DLC be the best part of an already great game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

its really good and i think the dlc is going to be the best poo poo since sliced bread

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

the more i play bloodborne the more i can tell they had to rush to get it released. for example if you position the camera to look inside of Eileen's like, model, she doesnt have a face ... but everyone in Dark Souls has a face. theres also like a million half finished buildings and graphic errors everywhere. like literalyl hundreds of them. there wasnt any of that in dark souls except for the floating door in duke's archives. i think sony pressured them to release it quickly

its nothing as egregious as dark souls 1 was thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

they should make a new thing like bloodborne again instead of dark soul 3. i think miyazaki said he wanted to make something with a warm atmosphere. that would be nice