Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll give you that land mines are useful (so are point sensors though), but I can't understand how anyone could prefer the rapid blaster over the regular one. Shooting one blast with the blaster is just as fast as firing one with the rapid blaster. The rapid blaster can fire multiple shots faster, but the blaster oneshot kills people if you hit them properly. No matter how you hit them with the rapid blaster it still takes two shots, and it doesn't fire fast enough to keep them from just mowing you down. I accidentally played a ranked game with the rapid blaster and it was miserable. I kept hitting people dead on, then getting killed by them anyways because an aerospray can kill me faster than a rapid blaster can get off two shots.
also the splash damage on the rapid blaster loving sucks.
it's worse when you're accurate than the custom blaster because when you nail the first shot that one oneshots people, and it's worse when you're inaccurate because the splash does very low damage. in any situation as you as you are playing just as well with both the normal/custom blaster just has a faster kill time

also point sensors are better than mines if the enemy team is awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

what's wrong with your brain

Please respect a squid's right to choose a weapon that isn't the aerospray.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
im a kid im a squid im fashionable

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Anidav posted:

Like if there were more vertical maps rollers would be poo poo but there isn't yet.
they would still be okay on more vertical maps because of the paint flick.

but they are never better than ok. the situations where rollers score well is when they either have a fuckton of team support, or are facing bad opponents

Reiley posted:

Please respect a squid's right to choose a weapon that isn't the aerospray.
I will respect any decision besides the rapid blaster

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I am a human adult man, but Splatoon makes me truly believe I am a squidgirl.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I'm an Aerospray guy in Turf War, like pretty much everyone else.

But in Splat Zones the .96 Gal and Custom Blaster are both the raddest and my current weapons of choice.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
aerospray isn't even that good in ranked. it's a dual squelcher, .52 gal deco, .96 gal, custom blaster world

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Anidav posted:

Like all the points in ranked are on the ground floor so if you don't have a Kracken and an aerospray you are hosed.
Just stand back and shoot the roller/aerospray guy on the other team who is standing in the splat zone. Their death will make a nice big splash of your colour and capture the point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Swear to god Nintendo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah don't stand on the zone

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

IronicDongz posted:

aerospray isn't even that good in ranked. it's a dual squelcher, .52 gal deco, .96 gal, custom blaster world

Krak-on Roller is pretty great in mackerel. Squid Beacons are great from jumping form the two zones.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I really hope this comes to the other regions. I mean, all the regions play together anyway so other region players will see people with it, so it not being available would really, really suck.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spent 30k getting my blazer to 4 slots. Now to pick some shoes...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pichupal posted:

Krak-on Roller is pretty great in mackerel. Squid Beacons are great from jumping form the two zones.
I'm gonna have a loving heart attack playing ranked now cause no one seems to notice the loving beacons getting dropped all over the place and there is 0 way to win on saltspray if people keep spawning at the top

No matter how much I yell at the tv they still don't go blow them up...

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 4, 2015

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Roland Jones posted:

I really hope this comes to the other regions. I mean, all the regions play together anyway so other region players will see people with it, so it not being available would really, really suck.

We got previous collaboration DLC like the Mario Kart 8 cars even though the actual cross-promotional ads on tv only showed up in Japan.

Hell we even got the 7-11 and Campus Stationary DLCs in Animal Crossing technically since every item can be traded regardless of region, you just had to have someone get you the stuff or order it from their streetpass'd house in the case of the Campus stuff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

That said, killing the gently caress out of FANGIO is better than anything in this world

Too bad you didn't get to do it too often. :whatup:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you for turning me on to the wonderful world of blasters! Now please keep thinking you're safe behind walls because I love every moment of splash damaging you.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spent 30k getting my blazer to 4 slots. Now to pick some shoes...

Wait, how do you put more slots on an Item?

And is is possible to change the skills on an item?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Get to level 20 apparently and then Spyke will do it for 30k.

Eventually it will also be possible to get super sea snails and do it more cheaply but they're not available yet.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Spyke will do it for 30k or a super oyster. You may have to be level 20.

He'll also reroll abilities of you have an item with full slots.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Are skills on items completely random?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

PM is the best splatzones map.

E: there should just always be 2 splatzones except maybe in UU

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 4, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Are skills on items completely random?

The main skill is not, the sub ones are.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
an interesting tidbit..

quote:

The sub skills have increased and decreased chances based on brands.
Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub
Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)
Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up
Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up
Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up
Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver
Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up
Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main
Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up
Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump
Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up
Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

supposedly its from the strategy guide.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe all the weapons are good

Definitely not. I switched to an smg type weapon and its so much easier to do well with that it's stupid. If you think the weapons in this game are actually balanced you're dead wrong. I'm really mad at this game right now.

Anything that shoots ink fast is good, and so is the krackon roller. everything else is bad. This is the new realization I've come to

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

People really seem to have a hard time identifying mollusks in this thread :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Definitely not. I switched to an smg type weapon and its so much easier to do well with that it's stupid. If you think the weapons in this game are actually balanced you're dead wrong. I'm really mad at this game right now.

Anything that shoots ink fast is good, and so is the krackon roller. everything else is bad. This is the new realization I've come to
The charger, is good.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

How good weapons are depends on the game mode and map. The game encourages using different loadouts rather than sticking to one forever.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The charger is like, decidedly mediocre, and it will remain as such until it grows up into an actual rocket launcher and AoEs when it hits the floor/walls.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

The charger is like, decidedly mediocre, and it will remain as such until it grows up into an actual rocket launcher and AoEs when it hits the floor/walls.

It's real good on the bigger more open ranked maps, like rig and mall.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

homeless snail posted:

The charger, is good.

:agreed:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Blaster is kind of cool actually now that I've used it more. It's a no charge charger.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Awesome! posted:

i ran into a guy last night with a blaster and he was one shotting me all over the place. im surprised i dont see it more

me probably

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lemming posted:

It's real good on the bigger more open ranked maps, like rig and mall.

Oh sorry I read it as blaster not charger. The charger is pretty ok on those maps though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

This.

Countblanc posted:

Oh sorry I read it as blaster not charger. The charger is pretty ok on those maps though.

Also this, except the part about the charger being OK.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I just got a buzzer beater splat on a guy and won the whole round by 0.1%, holy poo poo this game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Oh. In that case, the blaster is real good in ranked on maps like rig and uh... the one from the first trailer. It's good for shooting around corners and in a one on one fight, it's just bad at spreading ink.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ink mines are cool because one time on salt spray, i laid a mine right in the middle of the point between the two walls where the team has to walk through, and their whole team walked over it after they killed me with a Killer Wail. 3 splats with one mine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I like this. I don't know anything about Ika Musume but I'm interested now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How the hell does overtime work in ranked? We had a team down 80 to 30 and then managed to lose even though we held both points almost the entirety of overtime??

Edit maybe I should just stop playing ranked because every system in it is obnoxiously dumb. Get close to finally ranking up them get hosed over by poo poo teams and dumb overtime rules argh

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 4, 2015

• Locked thread