Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anora posted:

2015: The year when toy companies figure out what kids from the 80's really want.

Right, I've already picked up a Slimer, Earthworm Jim, and Tom Baker this year and I still want that Rocketeer and the large Diamond Select Nightmare Before Christmas that comes out later this year.

Also funko retro gremlins line...

drat these people. So looking at those Rocketeer pictures made me realize I never stand anything up in dynamic poses. I think I need to get some display cases or shelves because all of my stuff looks like an awkward company picnic photo, everyone is just shuffled next to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Does he come with the stand?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

Does he come with the stand?

My guess is no unless it's hidden in a back wall of that package picture. Also the rest of the legacy line does not. AND his head isn't made to look forward while in a flight position.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The_Doctor posted:

I don't want any of the Antman figures, but I do want that Ultron. :/

I don't want Ultron, so I think we can make an arrangement for the Ultron BAF pieces I'll have.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Kinda want Ultron, but REEEEALLY want Hulkbuster.

He is very big:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I only want that Doctor Strange but I REALLY want that HB Iron Man drat it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Does that HB BAF weigh like 5 loving pounds like the old ML one did? Because if not, it can fight right off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, that Hulkbuster can come play too. Is that the movie one or just similar?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, that Hulkbuster can come play too. Is that the movie one or just similar?

Looks pretty much like the movie version:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I wish they used a darker red for that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kitbash!

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

funtax posted:

He is very big:

oh man I only want like two figures from this wave but holy poo poo I want that loving hulkbuster so bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm pretty sure every single Blue and White Man figure sold at Target is gonna be immediately returned with the Hulkbuster piece replaced with like, a plastic tomato or something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

funtax posted:

That Valkyrie is so terrible looking. I was actually excited for her... :smith:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Red posted:

That Valkyrie is so terrible looking. I was actually excited for her... :smith:

Same here. :smith: At least Strange looks awesome? But I really like collecting the various female characters and it sucks when ones I like get crap figures.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Same here. :smith: At least Strange looks awesome? But I really like collecting the various female characters and it sucks when ones I like get crap figures.

Yeah, really.

Well, at least the Thundra looks great. The only problem is, who cares about Thundra?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Does she really look that bad? In box images suggest she's not too shabby:

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Just looks boring IMO.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
On one hand, I wish the Hasbro ML looked a fraction as good as the Toy Biz ones.

On the other, I'm fine with keeping my money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nut Bunnies posted:

On one hand, I wish the Hasbro ML looked a fraction as good as the Toy Biz ones.

On the other, I'm fine with keeping my money.

The female figures are far superior now.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nut Bunnies posted:

Which toybiz legends look superior? Because IMHO many have not aged well.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah we've come a really long way from the days of the Blob BAF line with that ghastly Emma Frost and stuff. Hasbro's got their poo poo on lock down these days.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Louisgod posted:

These pics are always better than what you get. I doubt the paint apps will be that good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys officially announced Scarlet Witch today, not that anyone was surprised.

Photos are on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hottoys

She looks a bit cross-eyed in some of them but the head on pictures look normal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Hot Toys officially announced Scarlet Witch today, not that anyone was surprised.

Photos are on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hottoys

She looks a bit cross-eyed in some of them but the head on pictures look normal.

drat that looks very good. The hands are particularly awesome, all glowy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Louisgod posted:

The figure overall is just kind of plain.

The hair looks awful, though - like a giant wig just sitting on her head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Why isn't that the female Thor (or is it? I don't know comics)?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cause it's Valkyrie.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 4, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Why isn't that the female Thor (or is it? I don't know comics)?

They release like 1 set of ~5 a quarter, they have a pretty big backlog before they get to Thor.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zeike posted:

These pics are always better than what you get. I doubt the paint apps will be that good.

I dunno, Hasbro's definitely upped their game when it comes to paint apps, especially on the faces. I know the latest Spider-Man wave had some annoying slop but other than that I think they've found their stride when it comes to painting in the lines.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

SDCC exclusive for Marvel Legends this year is Dr Strange based.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/04/hasbro-doctor-strange-comic-con-exclusive/28478605/

The article has pictures of everything but It's a 5 piece set that's held together by a book of Vishanti.
The figures included are astral Strange, Brother Blood, Dormammu, Magik and Hela. Plus a wearable Eye of Agamotto.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Well I need that.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

...Well I need that.

Finally, the Magik figure of my dreams. :swoon: Con exclusive is frustrating but I'm going to buy that fucker one way or another. The book and other figures are neat too.

Is anyone in thread going to SDCC that I could buy the set off of?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Dammit all I want is Magik so I'm happy to sell the rest to somebody assuming I can get a hold of it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

drat. I need two of those.

Edit: Here's the packaged pic.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

boom boom boom posted:

I'm pretty sure every single Blue and White Man figure sold at Target is gonna be immediately returned with the Hulkbuster piece replaced with like, a plastic tomato or something.

I will totally buy the Blizzard, but I am a complete sucker for D-List Marvel villains.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For those interested, Scarlet Witch is now available for pre-order from Sideshow. Weird that she was just announced this morning and available for pre-order this afternoon. Usually it's a couple days of suspense.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...letWitch_060415

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat effects on the hands. Makes me think if they ever make a Gambit they can get it looking pretty cool.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It seems to be Hot Toys new thing. They released pics of their new Electro figure and the head lights up like that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just received a package from Japan:

I really shouldn't have bought this, but Extremis is my favorite armor. Sculpt, articulation and painting are all top notch in this figure.