Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Practically everything I know about Tsukihime I learned from streams of Melty Blood, and there's like eight different versions of Arcueid there. Does Shiki sleep with all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i read tsukihime when i was 11 and it brutally destroyed my brain and led to my sick obsession with all things type-moon. if i had just played super mario galaxy which i had bought on the same day this all could have been avoided

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Arcueid has good fashion sense, and I too only know who she is through Melty Blood.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

standing in line in akiba to buy carnival phantasm was the lowest (highest?) point of my life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Level Slide posted:

Practically everything I know about Tsukihime I learned from streams of Melty Blood, and there's like eight different versions of Arcueid there. Does Shiki sleep with all of them?
there's 3, and technically yes because it's all the same person

Arcueid Brunestud is the normal arc
Red Arcueid is Arcueid who's given into her desire for blood
Archetype Earth is arcueid at full power

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's like how your average dbz game has vegeta, majin vegeta, and ssj4 vegeta

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

its bullshit that i got the type-moon artbook as my bonus instead of the physical edition of melty blood: actress again

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Melty Blood was my introduction to a lot of Nasu's stuff.

I didn't know anything about anyone at the time, so in true fighting game fashion I just picked the character I thought looked coolest: Nero.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Melty Blood was my introduction to a lot of Nasu's stuff.

I didn't know anything about anyone at the time, so in true fighting game fashion I just picked the character I thought looked coolest: Nero.

how can you say nero looks the coolest when there's a cooler character in that very same screenshot

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"That's Nero, he's got like 600 animals, monsters, and other mythic beasts inside him and can summon them like familiars."

"Dude that sounds dope, gimme the controller."

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 4, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

there's 3, and technically yes because it's all the same person

Arcueid Brunestud is the normal arc
Red Arcueid is Arcueid who's given into her desire for blood
Archetype Earth is arcueid at full power

does shiki sleep with all of them

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

how can you say nero looks the coolest when there's a cooler character in that very same screenshot
Shiki wasn't in the version I played, that's just the first screenshot I pulled off google.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

if you dont know anything about shiki shes just a girl with a knife. nero is literally the devil and can turn into animals plus he spells his name like a retard

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The other reason I guess I haven't tried going back to tsukihime was the news that they were doing a remake. Course didn't realize at the time that type moon would take their sweet time on that, if at all.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Allarion posted:

The other reason I guess I haven't tried going back to tsukihime was the news that they were doing a remake. Course didn't realize at the time that type moon would take their sweet time on that, if at all.
they announced the tsukihime remake when i was in grade school. im in uni now and its still not out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Level Slide posted:

does shiki sleep with all of them

he fucks arcueid, and all of those people are arcueid, so yes

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

a stupid retard: what should i call myself...nero chaos...yeah...thats sick...how can i make that sicker though....oh...oh i know *erases Nero Chaos and scribbles down Nrvnqsr Chaos* perfect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

apparently crunchyroll is putting a bunch of makoto shinkai movies up this weekend. which of these are good? I've seen voices of a distant star and 5 cm per second, but apparently he tends to repeat the same themes a lot and i'm wondering if it's worth watching any of the others

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also yozakura quartet is cool

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
In the 15 min. I tried melty blood, I think I tried Shiki's cousin first because she resembles Rin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Allarion posted:

In the 15 min. I tried melty blood, I think I tried Shiki's cousin first because she resembles Rin.
akiha is very cool, and powerful

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This was years ago, some guy at my anime club running a bootleg copy of what I presume was an earlier build.

Other characters were a schoolboy, two maids, a turtleneck vampire, and a woman in a T-shirt and jeans. In a vacuum, I went for the guy who could summon unicorns as a guard breaker.

Made it funnier when I actually got into Tsukihime proper and it turned out Nero was a huge chump.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

a stupid retard: what should i call myself...nero chaos...yeah...thats sick...how can i make that sicker though....oh...oh i know *erases Nero Chaos and scribbles down Nrvnqsr Chaos* perfect.
nrvnqsr owns even harder when you learn his real name is loving fabro rowan

that dude must have gotten so many wedgies in high school

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Cake Attack posted:

apparently crunchyroll is putting a bunch of makoto shinkai movies up this weekend. which of these are good? I've seen voices of a distant star and 5 cm per second, but apparently he tends to repeat the same themes a lot and i'm wondering if it's worth watching any of the others

Those two are probably fine for the most part. I remember liking The Place Promised in our Early Days but hell if I remember what it was about other than a girl trapped in a maybe metaphorical tower and two dudes wanting to fly a plane into it to break her out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Understanding and control over the distorted dendrogram that is my boxers is my eternal thesis.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

That's not too surprising. It's a recurring weakness in Narita's work.

Dude writes some great characters, but his plots are often just "Get everybody and the stuff together," and everything goes wrong. The end result is a lot of solid character chemistry but not much in the way of a compelling narrative.

Baccano's a bit better about this, but not always.

I watched a few episodes of both shows several years ago and couldn't muster the interest to stick with either one at the time but always meant to go back and give them another try. I'm putting a little more effort into it this time so hopefully I can actually finish Durarara and also get around to Baccano eventually.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A lot of my early fighting game character preferences were informed by who had the sickest-looking (or funniest) sprite animations.

Even nowadays when they released Skullgirls I knew I was gonna main Peacock from the first promotional video.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

None of them are bad, you've just pretty much already watched all of them if you've already seen any one of them before. I think I liked Voices the most anyway.

E: I still don't understand what was wrong with the original title "Beyond The Clouds", it rolls off the tongue so much easier than "The Place Promised in Our Early Days".

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What the gently caress does "Nrvnqsr" even mean? It's pronounced "Nero" but it's spelled by slamming your face on the keyboard so I'm assuming it's not just that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

What the gently caress does "Nrvnqsr" even mean? It's pronounced "Nero" but spelled "smash your face on the keyboard" so I'm assuming it's not just that.
It's Jewish numerology I think. Nero=666=Nrvnqsr, they're the same word.

This is also why one interpretation of Revelations is that it's referring to Nero the Emperor.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Please make sure to use Nero's j.C a lot, also known as the HOAAAAA

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I remember seeing Chaos on this chart of cool villains way back when, it got me to play Tsukihime and when he died like a chump I just stopped.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Whoa Sakura Spirit is on sale for 3 bucks. :gizz:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I remember seeing Chaos on this chart of cool villains way back when, it got me to play Tsukihime and when he died like a chump I just stopped.

You don't find out who the true mastermind and best villain/girl of Tsukihime is until the end of route 4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

i woudln't really say he died like a chump, he got a cool fight scene.

like i said, tsukihime only has 3 fights total. and nrvnqsr honestly puts up more of a fight than roa, even though roa is the 'final boss.'

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nero's fight was pretty boss in the manga. Probably in the original VN as well.

Dude gets shafted in the anime though (which exists), but then again so does everyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Nero's fight was pretty boss in the manga. Probably in the original VN as well.

Dude gets shafted in the anime though (which exists), but then again so does everyone.
arcueid does not get shafted in the anime, as they took that out

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I guess they didn't have the budget for a CGI dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

prefuse what are your fan made dead apostles and servants

• Locked thread