Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

never rely on the millions of years old evolutionary trait of thirst again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
some cool guy is going to hack their friends water app and make them drown themselves

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i've noticed this thing in a few start ups now where they make a product based on something they think is extremely hard, and their product is something that makes that easier. then it turns out that no one really finds it that hard, or at least hard enough to justify the cost or change in routine of using the product. so they shift gears into marketing the app/product as meant for people with developmental handi-capabilities, aka special needs or whatever.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a year from now when the kickstarter money... "dries up"... they will be like, oh yeah, hydrate me was always meant as a tool for um hardcore ravers who have an increased risk of dehydration from dancing and amphetamines. they can be reminded to drink water and wave around the bottle like glow stick.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

PleasureKevin posted:

never rely on the millions of years old evolutionary trait of thirst again.

yeah let me go ahead and trust the same system that put my optical nerve connection on the inside of my eyeball, and has my food and air intake share a common pathway, and gave us the recurrent laryngeal nerve. lmao @ evolution.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah let me go ahead and trust the same system that put my optical nerve connection on the inside of my eyeball, and has my food and air intake share a common pathway, and gave us the recurrent laryngeal nerve. lmao @ evolution.

most species die off after 100K years unless they have some serious advantage. humans being ~75K years old we will soon see!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

most species die off after 100K years unless they have some serious advantage. humans being ~75K years old we will soon see!

heres hoping for that stretch goal of gills if we make it to 125K years

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

evolution is really good at making sure you live long enough to breed. that's all. everything else is collateral damage

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Virion posted:

heres hoping for that stretch goal of gills if we make it to 125K years

holding out for six and a half figgies

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

qntm posted:

holding out for six and a half figgies

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bloody posted:

evolution is really good at making sure you live long enough to breed. that's all. everything else is collateral damage

Explain YOSPOS then

Your move, Darwin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingorc posted:

Explain YOSPOS then

Your move, Darwin

basically a forum of chaste highlanders

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
have you guyses seen this loving thing

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iswimband-the-ultimate-drowning-detection-device

if your child is drowning, it sends an alert to your smartphone. so you better stop playing clash of clans for a minute and drag that stupid dead fucker out of the water

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Dr. Honked posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iswimband-the-ultimate-drowning-detection-device

if your child is drowning, it sends an alert to your smartphone. so you better stop playing clash of clans for a minute and drag that stupid dead fucker out of the water

im the hundred thousand dollars donated by 33 people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dr. Honked posted:

uh

thats uh

thats uh not how drowning works

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Honked posted:

Seems useful, but now my kid has to wear this and their FitBit, Apple Watch, and GPS tracker?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lovely-the-smart-wearable-sex-toy-for-couples#/story

Lovely - The smart wearable sex toy for couples

Glad to see the Nostalgia Critic finding work explaining sex toys for Indie Go Go campaigns.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey hun, feel like riding a rodeo tonight?

What do you want to do?
>reverse cowgirl:ovr:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

It sits on the base of your pinis.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Boxturret posted:

im the hundred thousand dollars donated by 33 people

only one person claimed an award above the max tier.

that means that one person donated over 100,000 dollars

(its probably a fake donation to drum up interest)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

madeupfred posted:

It sits on the base of your pinis.

mods please give muf this av / text combo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

i can't fathom how gross this thing probably gets after one use

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

graph posted:

thats uh not how drowning works

the 'problem' part of the pitch is all the parents who say "i just turned around for a minute" when in reality it's closer to 5. there's a real opportunity

so it's relatively easy to do this. water attenuates p. much any signal, but you can get 100 yards out and 3~4 inches deep with something in the 900mhz range. have radios ping every 6 seconds, if you don't see a signal for 1.5 minutes alert the lifeguard and start the search

now this is the part where it really, really makes sense to have a dedicated base station instead of rounding up a phone and pretending it's good enough. btle is The Wrong answer for a bunch of reasons. 2.4ghz attenuates worse, so you're checking more often or doing something else to compensate. an app doesn't have priority on the phone, so you can't use the radio full time and might miss a ping, false alarm. there will be a lot more edge cases where a dedicated base station would massively simplify things, at a UX cost of making someone register it to their wifi on install

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the goggle attachment is probably the best bit out of that. head or neck is the best position, you can imagine a wrist sensor doesn't help out much. compliance is another big problem, and if it's on their goggles they're already incentivezed to wear it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

no i got this

how about don't gently caress around on your phone in another room while your kid is swimming

heaven forbid, just swim with them

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

theflyingexecutive posted:

no i got this

how about don't gently caress around on your phone in another room while your kid is swimming

heaven forbid, just swim with them

Hey that's my nanny/girlfriends job, me and my quantified wife are just far too busy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Sadly, 88% of drownings occur with some type of supervision present

yeah cuz who's going to admit they went inside for a jo sesh while their kid bit it?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
evolution owns and is good if youre atheist (i am)

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Gus Hobbleton posted:

only one person claimed an award above the max tier.

that means that one person donated over 100,000 dollars

Dave Cutler
3 days ago
$5USD
Anonymous
3 days ago
$500USD
Anonymous
3 days ago
$106,000USD
Garrett Grohman
3 days ago
$5USD

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol cool waste of ten grand

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I thought it was a kickstarted so was going to say it's not a bad gambit but it's indiegogo so yes it's like the bitcoiners and their proof of burn nonsense

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Gus Hobbleton posted:

wouldn't seeing that they made their goal 3 times over discourage more donations or do i just not "get" crowd funding

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

madeupfred posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lovely-the-smart-wearable-sex-toy-for-couples#/story

Lovely - The smart wearable sex toy for couples

Glad to see the Nostalgia Critic finding work explaining sex toys for Indie Go Go campaigns.

Sex pletrum

I dont like the look of the LDO here, sets klunges on fire

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i'm the

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

no ring. immersion ruined

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

BeOSPOS posted:

to be fair, thumb rings are really dumb

but then again so is this so meh

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BeOSPOS posted:

looks like the ring is being fairly stretched to me

The Ghost Writer
Jun 27, 2012
:ghost:
Shameful Outlet

Hasters posted:

Hey that's my nanny/girlfriends job, me and my quantified wife are just far too busy.

kids keep asking for "brown mommy" wtf :(

meanwhile excuse me but the chardonnay you brought me 12 minutes ago is warm well more not chilled anymore but teh fact remains ive been served warm white wine
what are we going to do about that
i think i need to see the manager

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

arr that reminds me of a tech company logo, ugg i can't think which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe