Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

will those subs finally be able to convey the nuances of a character saying to look to left and the cast looking to right
Let's look at the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

on a related note, any good romance shows where the couple is a couple during the show, besides my love story? It's always my favorite bits of shojo manga and id enjot the show to be a lot of that.
bonus points if yaoi or yuri.

To add to what everyone else said, both Bonnouji and Kyou no Yuiko-san are manga where the main couple get together pretty quickly.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

PotU posted:

a cute girl was trying to convince me to watch some incest drama romance show or something

idk what else to say about that
Sounds like a keeper.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PotU posted:

a cute girl was trying to convince me to watch some incest drama romance show or something

Well did you?

Also which one

Asking for a friend

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PotU posted:

Was it Koi Kaze? It actually manages to treat the subject matter seriously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coaaab posted:

:catstare:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, yes I suppose if you wanted a show to tackle the serious question of 'should a guy in his 20's gently caress his teenaged sister' then Koi Kaze would be it.

Fun fact: ADTRW had a serious thread for it when it first aired.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think helldump got someone permabanned for talking up Koi Kaze once. Thanks helldump.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, yes I suppose if you wanted a show to tackle the serious question of 'should a guy in his 20's gently caress his teenaged sister' then Koi Kaze would be it.
I didn't know there was a show that went over the science behind incest, the long history of cultural taboos, the evolutionary biological reasoning behind the natural human disgust response to the event, the psychology behind age differences and their interactions with dating, and all the ethics behind it all. That might be interesting.

I suppose all of that manpower could have just been devoted to a big blocked out "NO" on the screen, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Read the wikipedia description of it. Sounds like something I'd have read in highschool literature class if it had been written in the late 1800s by some English bloke.

e: we read a lot of lovely stuff

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

I will once again experience the joys of a relationship, only this time vicariously through manga. :unsmith:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

horimiya and yamada-kun + 7 witches both have the main characters get together

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wtf i don't remember color

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Budget Prefuse posted:

horimiya and yamada-kun + 7 witches both have the main characters get together

Both go rapidly downhill afterwards too, which seems unfortunately common.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Horimiya's descent into :stare: is a moderately recently development and I don't think it's really fair to say it happened because they hooked up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It also seems to have dropped that whole thing lately so maybe it's looking up.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Endorph posted:

what is he going to godzilla, huh? nuke him? you stupid gently caress

He will channel the power of anime lovers everywhere and defeat godzilla with a spirit bomb. I'm sorry you doubt the power of anime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it's the only Anno directed thing I've never seen and I should fix that.

It's a fine enough show but outside of copious shots of power lines accompanied by the hum of crickets anno's directorial sense is barely noticeable. Although I only watched about 6 episodes before dropping it out of boredom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

what is he going to godzilla, huh? nuke him? you stupid gently caress

Actually modern Japanese Godzilla is now a product of global warming rather than a nuclear threat because nobody has anxiety about nuclear war anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

ideon sucks

Robot shows = fail

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Horimiya is annoying, because I read the released chapters and it was great, then there were no chapters and I sorta forgot about it for a while, then we got more releases and I had no idea who any of these supporting characters were. I mean they had showed up previously but they were so completely forgettable and I had no idea who was who. So I re-read it from the beginning.

Then it happened again. And again. I've basically given up on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coaaab posted:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

dude789 posted:

He will channel the power of anime lovers everywhere and defeat godzilla with a spirit bomb. I'm sorry you doubt the power of anime.

Obama: "Alright I've gathered the energy of anime lovers everywhere! Time to defeat this evil!"

Obama: ".... how come I'm not going into the avatar state?"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love robot shows. Some of my favourite anime are robot shows.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like watching characters train and learn new skills more than anything, especially if the training itself is creative.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the only way I ever get them.

:hfive:

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coaaab posted:

watashi wa imouto ga koi wo suru, im pretty sure that was the title

no i wont watch it

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well close enough, gently caress japanese particles

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

For real though don't read or watch incest stuff. Find somethin' better to do, you can't be that bored.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Actually modern Japanese Godzilla is now a product of global warming rather than a nuclear threat because nobody has anxiety about nuclear war anymore

That rules!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Hideaki anno Godzilla is gonna be sweet when it comes out in 2030

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's still before 4.44. And possibly 3.33 on western bluray.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

That's still before 4.44. And possibly 3.33 on western bluray.

I think about this post and laugh from time to time

Two Worlds posted:

anno-san: i'm depressed so me and my entire company just stopped working

toho execs: we think you are the guy who should direct the next installment of japan's most well known film franchise

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

They're right you know.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I can't wait for the dramatic final scene where a match appears out of the heavens and sets fire to a cardboard cutout godzilla. Emotional stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, Anno's gonna treat a property he has such reverence for pretty straight, like he did with Cutey Honey, it's going to be impressively directed, but anyone who thinks it's going to end with Godzilla sitting on a stool narrating his own therapy sessions is probably the sort of person who still thinks Evangelion is a 'deconstruction'.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The Hideaki anno Godzilla is gonna be sweet when it comes out in 2030

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah, Anno's gonna treat a property he has such reverence for pretty straight, like he did with Cutey Honey, it's going to be impressively directed, but anyone who thinks it's going to end with Godzilla sitting on a stool narrating his own therapy sessions is probably the sort of person who still thinks Evangelion is a 'deconstruction'.

I want that ending but with no understandable dialogue and no subtitles

Just Godzilla roaring for 30 minutes

• Locked thread