Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

kiimo posted:

it pains me to say that all the stunts are real. They have a whole sizzle reel about it.

Cool, they should play it on a loop with those surfing videos that are always on the televisions at Islands restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress remaking Point Break. That movie is a bonafide loving classic!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Should have shot the whole thing with a GoPro for the authentic experience.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

kiimo posted:

it pains me to say that all the stunts are real. They have a whole sizzle reel about it.

For real? There was some surfing and flying squirrel stuff that looks like they were just pasted on.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

I don't doubt that most of it is practical, but the dirtbiking in front of an avalanche? Yeeeah I'm guessing not so much.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Unoriginal Name posted:

I don't doubt that most of it is practical, but the dirtbiking in front of an avalanche? Yeeeah I'm guessing not so much.

That actress isn't surfing either but somebody jumped off the mountain in a flying squirrel suit and people snowboarded and somebody surfed, etc.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Asiina posted:

Should have shot the whole thing with a GoPro for the authentic experience.

Make it a found footage movie put together by amateur sport enthusiasts filming these cool stunts in the background and trying to piece together the puzzle. Last reel is a POV shot of the 'Roach' character's camera, recovered on his body.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Point Break is a weird movie to remake now.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

what the gently caress, why is lord humongous voice dubbed

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Zzulu posted:

what the gently caress, why is lord humongous voice dubbed

What is really weird is that Wez is undubbed while the humongous is dubbed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Trailer for American Ultra, aka "what if Jason Bourne was a huge stoner and was played by Jesse Eisenberg?

Looks fun.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

That cast is pretty great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The role Kristen Stewart was born to play. I'm sold. Love the cast.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Inherent Vice version of Jason Bourne.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
That looks like a total blast. I thought Nima Nourizadeh did a solid job with Project X; curious to see what he and Max Landis pull off here.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah that looks fun

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Trailer for Pawn Sacrifice is finally out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHvH9FtACg

I saw it at TIFF. It's pretty good but not great. It is shot by Bradford Young, though (Selma, A Most Violent Year).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DivisionPost posted:

That looks like a total blast. I thought Nima Nourizadeh did a solid job with Project X; curious to see what he and Max Landis pull off here.

Bits of that trailer remind me of one of your scripts actually.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PriorMarcus posted:

Bits of that trailer remind me of one of your scripts actually.

A script I'm STILL bloody working on! I've never been so thrilled to be so disenfranchised.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

American Ultra looks great; can't wait. :allears:

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Eisenburg really does make some good choices, his agent must be aces.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Hand Knit posted:

Trailer for Pawn Sacrifice is finally out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHvH9FtACg

I saw it at TIFF. It's pretty good but not great. It is shot by Bradford Young, though (Selma, A Most Violent Year).

Bobby Fisher is incredibly fascinating and I'm glad their not shying away from the fact that he had obvious mental problems.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
To be honest, Obvious Mental Problems are probably the reason this film got made.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hollismason posted:

Bobby Fisher is incredibly fascinating and I'm glad their not shying away from the fact that he had obvious mental problems.

Movie will probably be lambasted by reviewers that claim it doesn't accurately display the "true nature" of the game of chess.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Squishy posted:

To be honest, Obvious Mental Problems are probably the reason this film got made.

Riding the coattails of that bradley cooper movie?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was thinking more A Beautiful Mind... was Bradley smart in that movie?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Alright, sign me up. That looks really fun.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I heard the concept and it sounded like a two-step joke, and to be honest the trailer isn't really dissuading me from that notion, but it looks really well-crafted and fun.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
The next Baumbach/Gerwig collab, Mistress America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8MCW16uZY
Now Frances Ha was very charming and fun, but this looks... uh... not very funny. Or charming, for that matter. :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The younger girl is pretty good on Mozart in the Jungle but reminds me of Rashida Jones like crazy.

Also my sister lost her virginity to Noah Baumbach so I am not allowed to see his movies thankfully.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That trailer looked pretty good to me, and that's def not the type of movie I usually would watch.

Also I would literally hang myself in a barn if my sister told me what movie directorr she lost her virginity to.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was David Fincher... respectable.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Allyn posted:

Now Frances Ha was very charming and fun, but this looks... uh... not very funny. Or charming, for that matter. :(

I hate this, but I also hated Frances Ha.

kiimo posted:

The younger girl is pretty good on Mozart in the Jungle but reminds me of Rashida Jones like crazy.

Also my sister lost her virginity to Noah Baumbach so I am not allowed to see his movies thankfully.

lol

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I think I'm gonna go out on a limb and hard-pass anything with those two people in it, hated Frances Ha and hate that trailer.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Keep it real Greta. See you at the movies. :patriot:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

Yikes. I'm already not a Baumbach fan, I would mega hate him if that was my degree of separation from him.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Allyn posted:

Is this like the opposite of a modern movie trailer where they don't put any of the jokes or humor in the trailer? Or am I just not insufferable enough to get it? kiimo's comment on the the trailer/Noah Baumbach was more hilarious than anything the trailer produced, so at least it did something.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's the latter.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I just saw a trailer for Trainwreck and I legit thought it was a spoof trailer because it aired in the middle of an Inside Amy Schumer re-run, thats how bad it looks. I would never watch it in the first place, but drat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Jack2142 posted:

I just saw a trailer for Trainwreck and I legit thought it was a spoof trailer because it aired in the middle of an Inside Amy Schumer re-run, thats how bad it looks. I would never watch it in the first place, but drat...

I think it looks hilarious. And a somewhat accurate representation of what my life has been like at times.

• Locked thread