Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

Hahahha, a divorce involving young kids. Classic!!!

Now imagine one of the kids being terminally ill!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Now imagine one of the kids being terminally ill!!

That one is terminally ill with a bad haircut.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

I just wish it was Jameis.

Well his youngest carries around a full-time tan.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You guys, it's only cool to make fun of your team if you're bad and only then if you yourself do it.

*ignores decade+ of goons making fun of Beamer's burn scars he received as a child and 4/16 jokes*

Do we even need to speak of the deluge of scissor lift jokes that get brought up here whenever someone mentions Brian Kelly? Boo hoo Jimbo's marriage, y'all.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 4, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Regnevelc posted:

Well his youngest carries around a full-time tan.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

You guys, it's only cool to make fun of your team if you're bad and only then if you yourself do it.

*ignores decade+ of goons making fun of Beamer's burn scars he received as a child and 4/16 jokes*

Do we even need to speak of the deluge of scissor lift jokes that get brought up here whenever someone mentions Brian Kelly? Boo hoo Jimbo's marriage, y'all.

Have we ever made fun of Beamer for his burn scars? I don't remember this.

That aside, CB is 100% right. This is a comedy joke sports forum where you idiots literally defied a dude who's gimmick was making Ohio State Pedo jokes.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Beamer has burn scars? is that the growth on his neck?

E: I figured he was half turkey or something. It'd make sense, he is his own mascot.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Have we ever made fun of Beamer for his burn scars? I don't remember this.

That aside, CB is 100% right. This is a comedy joke sports forum where you idiots literally defied a dude who's gimmick was making Ohio State Pedo jokes.

It's not as "in" as it was way back when VT was doing really well but I've seen many a Krang reference here amongst others. The Miami posters we used to have came heavy years back before that program crumbled into dust.

e: I thought you'd been here longer. It was definitely more of a thing in the mid-2000s.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 4, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

It's not as "in" as it was way back when VT was doing really well but I've seen many a Krang reference here amongst others. The Miami posters we used to have came heavy years back before that program crumbled into dust.

e: I thought you'd been here longer. It was definitely more of a thing in the mid-2000s.

Basically with CB given how many tasteless jokes made on the two topics he's mentioned with most of us basically just ignoring it, and the mods backing y'all up on it being totally kosher.

Sucks for Jimbo personally, but I don't come to SA to not laugh at everything awful.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

Word.

I actually like Frank as a person and he seems to genuinely care about the university.

That said, gently caress VT.

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, no. I regged right when the poo poo with RichRod was getting good and I think it perm marked me with some Michigan posters.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I too still remember the poo poo talk from back when threads still needed a 56k warning on the front of them.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

I too still remember the poo poo talk from back when threads still needed a 56k warning on the front of them.

And that was still closer to present day than the last time that UGA was nationally relevant.

Wait I don't think I am doing this trash talking thing right.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Jokes are great, just like Ehud's post which was very funny. I guess I missed the part in CB's post that was supposed to be the joke.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Dattserberg posted:

Jokes are great, just like Ehud's post which was very funny. I guess I missed the part in CB's post that was supposed to be the joke.

The upper left corner of his post.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Regnevelc posted:

The upper left corner of his post.

Hahahha that's quite the burn!!!

Speaking of burns and burn scars....

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dattserberg posted:

Dattserberg posted:

Hahahha that's quite the burn!!!

Speaking of burns and burn scars....

:allears:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

I'll be here all week

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

:monocle: I'm pretty sure I repressed those dark, dark days.

And yes, everyone made fun of Krang.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Pakled posted:

The Georgia Tech-Boston College game in Ireland in 2016 is back on after having previously been cancelled, with a change of venue. It's now going to be in Aviva Stadium instead of Croke Park.

Pretty pumped about this.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Those little guys are amazing. Must have been strange to walk by tiger cubs in the hallway if you weren't in on the plans.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

I like stadium chat. Jordan Hare was nice as was the area right around the stadium.

Doak Campbell is nice on the outside of bricks are your thing. The inside is pretty run of the mill for a college stadium. Getting to and from seats is a pain in the balls but actually leaving or entering the stadium is nice because of how wide open the concourse is.

e: LSU's stadium felt pretty dated but the atmosphere outside the stadium more than made up for it. If I were to head down there again it would definitely be for a night game, no more of this day game bullshit

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 4, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I need to go to more college stadiums. Bowl games are more of my thing, but I've got a long, long bucket list.

I'd put the stadiums I've seen a college game at as:

1) Cowboy Stadium - Not the best for college games, but my god that place is nuts

2) Jones Memorial (TTU) - Recent upgrades have this 1950's era stadium pretty much perfect for today's college game. Future upgrades will be better. Video board has taken a bit away as people spend too much time watching it instead of the field.

3) DKR (UT) - It's almost as impressive as Cowboy Stadium, but it's also very clinical, sterile, and forced. A more natural gameday atmosphere and this would be #1.

4) Orlando Citrus Bowl - Very impressive remodel, especially for a stadium that hosts 2, maybe 3 games a year.

5) NRG Stadium (formlerly Reliant) - Parking lots for miles around, but this is every bit an NFL-quality stadium. Lacking just a hair for the college crowd.

6) Rose Bowl - Classic stadium and very impressive, but visibly dated last time I was there. Note: last time I was there was a decade ago, have not seen any recent upgrades.

7) Ford Field (SMU) - Simple and basic, but it's one of my favorite little stadiums.

8) Alamo Dome - This place is run-down, poorly designed, and built just before stadium technology took a huge leap forward, but they put on a great bowl game. I've got 1st row seats and the ticket guy watches out for me.

9) Bowers Stadium (SHSU) - Have I mentioned how much I love earth berm stadiums? This one's a steep earth berm and it's even got a track.

10) Bobcat Stadium (Texas State) - It's like a bigger version of what a lot of HS school districts in Texas build. Good for what it is, but not a top-level stadium.

11) Cotton Bowl - The old Cotton Bowl is, well, old and lovely. They should tear it down and start over.

12) Qualcomm (San Diego) - Even 10 years ago, this place was terrible.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Duke has fourth best record in the ACC over two years*

*excluding Louisville

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Duke has fourth best record in the ACC over two years*

*excluding Louisville

Holy poo poo I knew UVA was having a tough time lately but it really puts things into perspective when you see the numbers written out.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Virginia has the worst ACC record over 2 and 3 years :haw:

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

KKKLIP ART posted:

Counterpoint: Brian Schottenheimer

As dreadful as Florida's offense was last year (ok Schott wasn't there yet but work with me here), they scored 40 offensive touchdowns and we scored 31.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
LSU is an incredible atmosphere, Penn State's is lame as hell, Akron's should be burned to the ground, Dix Stadium looks like it was built as a nuclear football bunker, UVA's is gorgeous and really cool. Southern Alabama's is pretty sketch. Ohio State definitely had the most professional and most annoying employees. No please, we had a 5 minute talk about Columbus before the game but make sure to check my pass every time I go up and down the elevator or up or down a hallway, yeah I bet there are so many people wearing Nike Kent Football polos trying to sneak around up here.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I would love to go to Death Valley for a night game. LSU fans are pretty cool on the whole. I've enjoyed my interactions with them whenever they came to Auburn.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tennessee didn't impress me, but they were playing UAB and were bad so I can understand.

One of the strangely energetic places I've been was FedEx Field for VT-Boise State. Everyone was wearing stuff for their own team and it had the, like, macro rival feeling of the haves versus the half nots. It was weird and wonderful.

I vividly remember a guy with a Utah flag cape running around. So many people were there to watch a midmajor get put in their place but then everything went horribly wrong.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sash! posted:

Tennessee didn't impress me, but they were playing UAB and were bad so I can understand.

One of the strangely energetic places I've been was FedEx Field for VT-Boise State. Everyone was wearing stuff for their own team and it had the, like, macro rival feeling of the haves versus the half nots. It was weird and wonderful.

I vividly remember a guy with a Utah flag cape running around. So many people were there to watch a midmajor get put in their place but then everything went horribly wrong.

So many things went wrong at FedEx that night....but our crowd support was not one of them we were rocking and ready to go as the Hokie fan base usually is for big games.

I went to 3 years worth of games in Neyland (admittedly during a p dark time 08-10) and I was never impressed with the volume or energy of the place. People consistently left early and I've never had worse interfan interactions than in Neyland. For 100k people it can be so calm in there. I've also been told that had I been there in the glory days of the 90s it was different so I'm always hoping it was just the quality of the teams I watched.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Also going to say LSU's tailgating atmosphere is great. SMU's game day atmosphere is not really that good, especially considering a large portion of the fans don't go to the game. Tulane's tailgating atmosphere is amazing now that they are on campus instead using the Superdome. TCU's stadium is nice but their tailgating was terrible. I've heard they've moved the tailgating around so it might have improved some. A&M has a really good game day atmosphere and I'd encourage you to go if your team plays them.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Scarf posted:

Holy poo poo I knew UVA was having a tough time lately but it really puts things into perspective when you see the numbers written out.

And our coach just got a contract extension

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

SMU's game day atmosphere is not really that good

SMU's gameday is entirely reliant on whichever team is visiting. When TTU goes to SMU, it's basically a TTU home game in Dallas. To this day, SMU recruiting is using a picture of their stadium during a Texas Tech game as their, "look at our full stadium!" picture. It was a "white out." The stadium is 80% red.

e: Pictures make everything better

SMU's Gerald Ford Stadium, 2007, Texas Tech vs SMU:

One of the best Raider Power chants I've ever heard was during this game.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 4, 2015

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If this is the new Tennessee script....meh

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

wandler20 posted:

the two different s's really annoy me

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Did we just travel back in time to the 1980s or early 90s with that script? I literally don't understand why the slant of the top of the text (i assume for its association with the shape of the state) doesn't apply to every letter? The N in the middle just sticks out. It's really ummm

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

wandler20 posted:

That's ugly as poo poo.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
It looks like a CS clan tag from the early 00s.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The only D-1 stadiums I've been to are Michigan Stadium, Spartan Stadium and Waldo Stadium (where Western Michigan plays). None had particularly exciting atmospheres, although part of that is because I've only seen Michigan beating up on Western or getting dominated by Sparty. East Lansing should be more electrifying than it is considering how good the team has gotten, but even big night games don't compare to what the Izzone brings on a regular basis.

If I could just pick a random place to see a college football game it would be a night game in Madison or Baton Rouge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

kayakyakr posted:

I need to go to more college stadiums. Bowl games are more of my thing, but I've got a long, long bucket list.

I'd put the stadiums I've seen a college game at as:

1) Cowboy Stadium - Not the best for college games, but my god that place is nuts

2) Jones Memorial (TTU) - Recent upgrades have this 1950's era stadium pretty much perfect for today's college game. Future upgrades will be better. Video board has taken a bit away as people spend too much time watching it instead of the field.

3) DKR (UT) - It's almost as impressive as Cowboy Stadium, but it's also very clinical, sterile, and forced. A more natural gameday atmosphere and this would be #1.

4) Orlando Citrus Bowl - Very impressive remodel, especially for a stadium that hosts 2, maybe 3 games a year.

5) NRG Stadium (formlerly Reliant) - Parking lots for miles around, but this is every bit an NFL-quality stadium. Lacking just a hair for the college crowd.

6) Rose Bowl - Classic stadium and very impressive, but visibly dated last time I was there. Note: last time I was there was a decade ago, have not seen any recent upgrades.

7) Ford Field (SMU) - Simple and basic, but it's one of my favorite little stadiums.

8) Alamo Dome - This place is run-down, poorly designed, and built just before stadium technology took a huge leap forward, but they put on a great bowl game. I've got 1st row seats and the ticket guy watches out for me.

9) Bowers Stadium (SHSU) - Have I mentioned how much I love earth berm stadiums? This one's a steep earth berm and it's even got a track.

10) Bobcat Stadium (Texas State) - It's like a bigger version of what a lot of HS school districts in Texas build. Good for what it is, but not a top-level stadium.

11) Cotton Bowl - The old Cotton Bowl is, well, old and lovely. They should tear it down and start over.

12) Qualcomm (San Diego) - Even 10 years ago, this place was terrible.

Did they renovate the Cotton Bowl only a few years ago? I went to it when Mizzou played Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl I think the year before they did it.

• Locked thread