Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but Global Warming has since been disproved. Does the book now become an allegory for hysteria and the narcissism of humanity, or does GRRM stick to his original, outdated, premise?

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

what are the odds they don't even have cersei do the walk of shame? having her drink water off the floor sort of accomplishes the same thing, at least for most viewers, plus it would save us from having tumblr meltdowns

I sorta want to believe that was the point of her floor drinking and they decided to stop handling material like that because they have to know how incompetent they are by now with stuff like that i.e jaime rape and hound "dying" 'dying' 'dead' "dead"

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

what are the odds they don't even have cersei do the walk of shame? having her drink water off the floor sort of accomplishes the same thing, at least for most viewers, plus it would save us from having tumblr meltdowns

I sorta want to believe that was the point of her floor drinking and they decided to stop handling material like that because they have to know how incompetent they are by now with stuff like that i.e jaime rape and hound "dying" 'dying' 'dead' "dead"

Apparently people have witnessed it being filmed

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

oh yeah, there was a production shot with a stand in for it

what if the stand in is really howland reed?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
How tall was the stand in?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Why wouldn't they use it? They filmed it.

http://i.imgur.com/WcovKhc.jpg

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but Global Warming has since been disproved.

:negative: Not you too.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

a woman in lannister armor, i hope we get to meet her kids before she dies

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

There was huge controversy over the filming of it and they had to change locations because the church they had been using wouldn't allow nudity. It's happening.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm the camera guy shoving a whole orange in my mouth.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
According to Wikipedia, Bronn banged Cersei irl :O

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

According to Wikipedia, Bronn banged Cersei irl :O

Whaaaaaaa?

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is that a woman in Lannister armor? Haven't seen that before.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Dr. Poz posted:

Probably a helmeted extra.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

wraith_5_ posted:

My thought as well. Braids up to hide hair.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
This is ruining my immersion.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

They dated irl way before this show ever started and apparently have to be kept away from each other on set because they hate each others guts

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10693120/Game-of-Thrones-stars-Lena-Headey-and-Jerome-Flynn-not-on-speaking-terms.html

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I now demand a cersei and bronn scene.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Jaime and Bronn tag team Cersei at Tommen's funeral

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bronn and Oberyn, eskimo bros.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ruddiger posted:

Bronn and Oberyn, eskimo bros.

C'mon man.

Eskibros.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bronn, Oberyn, Jamie, Lancel, New Mountain, and Moon Boy for all we know.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Dr. Poz posted:

That's one of the changes in the show. This is our first look at Roberta Strong.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

It doesn't matter, those people stopped watching the show after episode 7 anyway.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So we get the wildlings reaching the wall, the fighting pit scene, probably ramsey's stupid plan, Cersie maybe confessing(?), Arya killing an insurance salesman (maybe going blind?) this episode.

Am I missing anything?

Episode 9 is always the :asoiaf: episode, so what's the penultimate moment this week?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 4, 2015

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

RCarr posted:

So we get the wildlings reaching the wall, the fighting pit scene, probably ramsey's stupid plan, Cersie maybe confessing(?) this episode.

Am I missing anything?

Episode 9 is always the :asoiaf: episode, so what's the penultimate moment this week?

Arya will be killing Meryn loving Trant this episode too.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Murphys Law posted:

That's one of the changes in the show. This is our first look at Roberta Strong.
The process may... change him... somewhat

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

From related articles:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...of-parents.html

quote:

Game of Thrones is known for its violent and sexually explicit scenes, but Sophie Turner’s parents still got more than they bargained for when they visited their 18-year-old daughter on the set. Turner, who plays Sansa Stark in the American television series that is based on George RR Martin’s books, says their arrival coincided with her filming a rape scene. “The producer, Dan Weiss, was sitting between my Mum and Dad, going 'Oh my God’,” recalls Turner in an interview with Tatler. “But they were, like, 'It’s fine, she loves this kind of thing.’” The young actress had, meanwhile, been assured by the director that the scene would be “choreographed like a ballet” and would be “beautiful.”

:dogbutton:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nail Rat posted:

This is dumb, looks like this whole loving storyline gets set back to square one again and she has to build an army from nothing. The whole Essos this is basically a hamster wheel.

This is normal plot twist for a hero's journey. Even cheese rear end Doom games have moments that you lost all your ammo and upgardes. But I hope GRRM is above such tropes and reveal Dany's mad queen nature that she is in the last book.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

RCarr posted:

So we get the wildlings reaching the wall, the fighting pit scene, probably ramsey's stupid plan, Cersie maybe confessing(?), Arya killing an insurance salesman (maybe going blind?) this episode.

Am I missing anything?

I think that preview was for episodes 9 and 10, not just 9.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
The preview for the wall was so loving stupid. Oh hey we took these ships out of east watch or w/e, but we couldn't dock there again so we hoofed it across land and the others didn't catch us. Oh HBO and its build ups.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

The preview for the wall was so loving stupid. Oh hey we took these ships out of east watch or w/e, but we couldn't dock there again so we hoofed it across land and the others didn't catch us. Oh HBO and its build ups.

Nothing would stop the wildlings from loving off if they landed south of the wall, plus it's good drama.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

wraith_5_ posted:

Nooooo! She looks nice with that haircut and armour though. :(

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There's a really good scene where they let all the wildlings in after taking their gold and poo poo.

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
Maybe they wanted some small stature lannister guards to emphasize the size of another character.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Drowning In Terror posted:

Maybe they wanted some small stature lannister guards to emphasize the size of another character.

Good call. That might be right. Thor is tall but he's not inhumanely tall like Gregor/Robert Strong is supposed to be. A couple of low angles and shorter guards might make him seem like he's even bigger than before.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I think they've firmly established their only way of showing height difference is by digging a hole and then placing the camera in it.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

They rode to Eastwatch before taking the boats from there, they didn't just magically teleport to the docks, which means they've got to walk back from Eastwatch or wherever they ended up docking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lloyd Boner posted:

They rode to Eastwatch before taking the boats from there, they didn't just magically teleport to the docks, which means they've got to walk back from Eastwatch or wherever they ended up docking.

The preview makes it look like they are arriving at Castle Black from north of the Wall, which would make no sense, since they have taken ships to prevent an attack by the White Walkers. The logical travel route would be to sail to Eastwatch and take a route south of the Wall but parallel to it that leads to Castle Black. It looks like they are taking the route Stannis went, going parallel to the wall on the northern side, where they are theoretically open to White Walker attacks.

Additionally I would argue it's a tough sell to the Wildlings to go back north after they reached the safety of Eastwatch, especially since they just lived to Hardhome.

• Locked thread