Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

I love MIA but this feature was pretty meh. Was it the shortest feature ever in the history of features? She only had 8 lines and 4 of them were the same fuckin line.

Zack de la Rocha's feature on "Release" by Blackalicious is literally just him saying "RELEASE!" every few measures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Lil Dicky is the best during the session when you can't decide on watching funny videos or listening to rap music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7eA_TyogeU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm here for the Bo Burnham chat

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
Make way for actual good music-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY63DD82rlw

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

drat, this is loving fire.

dont let him trick you he will release like 4-5 absolute beast youtube remixes and then lay an equally as terrible egg of an album 5 months later

after his chiraq and hot nigga remixes and poo poo i thought this dude was going to be one of my favorite rappers of the year and then his mixtape was literally the worst thing i had ever heard

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Budget Prefuse posted:

shy glizzy is one of the Rare DC Rappers (see: fat trel and uhhh wale). he's great. has tons of potential and his two latest mixtapes are kickass. looking forward to what he does in the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mOL3QF5PTA

I feel like Glizzy has been on the verge of no longer being a "regional" rapper for years now. Young Jefe and Law 3 were both killer, maybe he'll finally break out.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/25995/shy-glizzy-young-jefe.html
http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18745/shy_glizzy_law_3.html

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

billy woods' album still my AOTY, though I'm slowly starting to think that his older album, History Will Absolve Me, was even better than the new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4AwIlNVxyQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkARznrEjOY

\/\/

Robert Analog posted:

Have you listened to Dour Candy? It came out between HWAM and the new one

Ah drat it, I got the order mixed up. Listened to Dour Candy once a week or so ago, liked it, but haven't had time to listen to it again. There's still a bunch of stuff from his woods' back catalogue I've been meaning to check out, like the Armand Hammer & Super Chron Flight Brothers stuff.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 4, 2015

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Have you listened to Dour Candy? It came out between HWAM and the new one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uek4ZxbBW4

e; one more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL_-J0ZgOno

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 4, 2015

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

I love MIA but this feature was pretty meh. Was it the shortest feature ever in the history of features? She only had 8 lines and 4 of them were the same fuckin line.

Problem's ad libs on Donglover's Sweatpants

Blue balls the song

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Angryhead posted:

Ah drat it, I got the order mixed up. Listened to Dour Candy once a week or so ago, liked it, but haven't had time to listen to it again. There's still a bunch of stuff from his woods' back catalogue I've been meaning to check out, like the Armand Hammer & Super Chron Flight Brothers stuff.
The first Armand Hammer album is incredible.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Dour Candy owns hard, Blockhead's production on it is great.

I like Today I Wrote Nothing (the format of lots of vignettes instead of longer tracks is refreshing) but I think I like Dour Candy a bit more.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VVYZWhF3U

Can't believe I slept on this tape when it came on.

hot dog thuggin in the trap queen video

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Holy poo poo this is flames

http://2dopeboyz.com/2015/06/04/troy-ave-do-me-no-favors-jadakiss-fabolous/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i liked this quite a lot

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Jus Allah is all pissy on twitter:

Too bad for him that this JMT album is all the better for not having him on it.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
lmao jus allah is the worst

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

unclenutzzy posted:

lmao jus allah is the worst
I never liked his raps either. He has a unique style but I always found it grating.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Marching Powder posted:

i liked this quite a lot

Dam almost missed this. Been waiting on new DG

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kenshin posted:

Jus Allah is all pissy on twitter:

Too bad for him that this JMT album is all the better for not having him on it.
Oh thank god, I mean it's more likely I stopped listening to JMT because I outgrew them (though I've realized I don't really listen to "underground rap" anymore in that sorta Def Jux/Rhymesayers/Those Guys I Listened to in High School vein, maybe once Brother Ali comes out with another album) but I definitely remember being super bummed out after Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell where this really dumb guy who rapped badly inexplicably got added on (I know he's a part of their history or w/e but you know what I mean). Stoupe back and no Jus Allah is best case scenario though.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Oh thank god, I mean it's more likely I stopped listening to JMT because I outgrew them (though I've realized I don't really listen to "underground rap" anymore in that sorta Def Jux/Rhymesayers/Those Guys I Listened to in High School vein, maybe once Brother Ali comes out with another album) but I definitely remember being super bummed out after Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell where this really dumb guy who rapped badly inexplicably got added on (I know he's a part of their history or w/e but you know what I mean). Stoupe back and no Jus Allah is best case scenario though.

You should check out the new album, you might like it. There's nothing high-art on there but nothing really skippable either, it's just a solid, entertaining listen.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Jus Allah is so terrible. When he came back I just quit listening to JMT because I couldn't stand to listen to any track he was on. Although honestly most guests on JMT tracks outside a couple suck.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
It's safe to say no one is listening to Vinnie Paz in 2015

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007

TenaciousTomato posted:

It's safe to say no one is listening to Vinnie Paz in 2015

i like his schtick. his aggressive ignorance makes me laugh and i especially like his songs where he talks about politics or conspiracy theories (because he's a huge moron)

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

TV is the thing this year.
Hair Elf

unclenutzzy posted:

i like his schtick. his aggressive ignorance makes me laugh and i especially like his songs where he talks about politics or conspiracy theories (because he's a huge moron)

The new album is the most subdued Vinnie Paz yet which is refreshing. Stoupe is the only thing that keeps me coming back though.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Fab

:ssj:

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Jedi mind tricks always seemed super immature and violent to me but I prolly only heard like two tracks. Underground rap fans would always suggest them when I said I liked Aesop and murs and poo poo but I found them to be more like ICP. Too bad too cause they have a sick name for a nerd like me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

rear end Catchcum posted:

Jedi mind tricks always seemed super immature and violent to me but I prolly only heard like two tracks. Underground rap fans would always suggest them when I said I liked Aesop and murs and poo poo but I found them to be more like ICP. Too bad too cause they have a sick name for a nerd like me.
Yeah, I mean, there was always that undercurrent to "underground rap" where you have the dreamy artistic creatives in Def Jux and Rhymesayers and then you have your dumb angry guys who try to rap fast and say human being a lot and talk about conspiracy theories and punching boulders in half with their fists like JMT and Ill Bill and Immortal Technique and all those other dudes I listened to in highschool

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Been cranking that tetsuo and youth album. Not even sure why I like it so much. It's just very easy to listen to driving around. Dunno a lot about him, just heard food and liquor is good. That true? Anything else?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Been cranking that tetsuo and youth album. Not even sure why I like it so much. It's just very easy to listen to driving around. Dunno a lot about him, just heard food and liquor is good. That true? Anything else?
If you liked Tetsuo and Youth, there's a solid chance you'll like Food & Liquor and The Cool, yeah. I mean I'd say those are his best albums but they're also the only Lupe albums I tolerate listening to 90% of (as opposed to like, the F&L2 and Lasers, neither of which I liked much). People talk about Tetsuo being a return to form after that period of mediocrity between The Cool and Tetsuo, so probably you'd enjoy those. I can't really speak for his mixtapes or whatever.
Tetsuo and Youth was probably my favorite album of 2015 before Barter 6 and TPAB and ALLA came out, pretty good album though for me the greatest takeaway is that I could finally listen to Lupe again without getting douchechills.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Food and Liquor (the first one. Second one was meh and really loving preachy), The Cool are the good albums besides T&Y. Fahrenheit 1/15 pt. 1 and 2 are his two great mixtapes.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 5, 2015

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

I like JMT and AOTP for the same reason I like action movies: it might be big, dumb, and loud, but there are a lot of guns and cars and it's entertaining as gently caress

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
why would anyone listen to vinnie paz or jmt when theres celph titled and demigodz

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's really surprising that people stupid enough to listen to fat whites rap can't tell when they're being trolled

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ol yeller posted:

why would anyone listen to vinnie paz or jmt when theres celph titled and demigodz

Already do, Celph Titled and Apathy own.

(you do know all of them and more are in AOTP right?)

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's really surprising that people stupid enough to listen to fat whites rap can't tell when they're being trolled

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought we all liked Action Bronson though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

albanians are like half-white

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Well, it fits in with the discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coWS2hgZ20c

Apparently this is the first dude signed to Apathy's new label, Dirty Version Records, with Apathy on production.

It's every bit as ridiculous as I would hope, from the Vinnie Paz feature on the hook to the 8-bit backing track (Zelda?).

If you can't have fun with music this goofy I kinda feel sorry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
brother ali is fat and white :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAu1WVtD1Xc
can we get a fat white rapper megathread