Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

please do not retweet the pedoshit callouts I submit to goons.txt, you're a total loving grode

Vince Videogames posted:

STOP BEING loving CREEPY.

Awesome! posted:

what the gently caress

morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
gently caress doing that final boss fight with a charge rifle. I just died near the final stage. It was tedious before but this is just ridiculous.

*Throws Inkling Girl Amiibo against wall*

RetroHelix fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 5, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please do not encourage ironic pedo squid posting in this thread

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

After trying some more ranged and combat weapons in ranked, I said gently caress it and went back to the Aerospray.

I've come to learn that after securing a splat zone, it's good to ink over enemies trails so you push them back.

Also I noticed that I mostly fight in close-quarters, so range isn't really a factor, and damage doesn't matter if you're hitting the enemy in rapid succession.

Mines rule.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 4, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Played a session today. Tried the chargers for a change, and I'm... doing ok? Sometimes I'm hitting the top, sometimes I'm the lowest. btw, you can use the charger as a semi-automatic to splat your opponent if he's too close. The custom with the sprinkler is a great way score points.

Rapid blaster on the other hand: What a load of garbage that gun is. I want my (game) money back.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

please do not encourage ironic pedo squid posting in this thread

Games › Splatoon: You wouldn't "gently caress" a squid

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
thanks noirstronaut for trolling the splatoon thread and creating something like 15 reports for me to have to look at because people believe you are genuinely a squid child creature fucker

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's about as bad whether or not he's serious

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It certainly put a damper on how I was going to come in here all happy that I pulled a 4-5 with two Ranked wins with the Gal Deco, that much is for sure :smith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

thanks noirstronaut for trolling the splatoon thread and creating something like 15 reports for me to have to look at because people believe you are genuinely a squid child creature fucker

We're all a little jumpy after Aatrek

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kewpuh posted:

So how many "ironic" pedophile posts are you allowed to make before it becomes creepy? Caused I'd say the ideal number is zero.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i feel like you might be upset because you identify as a kraken

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

You're gonna make me unleash the kraken, creepo

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Personally I feel like the video game is fun and good and we should just talk about that.

I kinda hope at some point they put something like the Amiibo challenges directly into the game. They clearly took zero effort on their part, and they're really great training for the other weapon types. I had no idea how to use a Charger before I did the challenge stages, now I feel like I'm at least okay with it.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
I posted this in #splagoons earlier but I figured I'd drop it here too.

A Weapons Reference Spreadsheet and a form to submit clothing data. (The results are here.)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Finally beat the campaign, and dang people were not kidding about the last boss. poo poo was bananas.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

kraken

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

welp, usb adapter from work didnt work so I ordered the one off of monoprice. Hopefully everything works but Im diggin singleplayer so no probs.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Wii U is weird about USB adaptors, you can't just plug it in and then it'll start working, you have to delete all your wifi profiles and then search for a connection while its plugged in and set it up in some backwards weirdo way that actually registers the ethernet as the connection profile.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

If rollers don't want to fear bombchus, my 52 Gal Deco and I don't mind.

I've loathed online shooters for years, now Splatoon has brought me back with some of the most fun online play I've ever experienced. Not too shabby, Nintendo!

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I would buy a wiiu just for this game but I swear it'll be devoid of players within two months. At least...such is my fear.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gameko posted:

I would buy a wiiu just for this game but I swear it'll be devoid of players within two months. At least...such is my fear.
Nah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gameko posted:

even if it is, which i dont think will happen, then you have a wii u to play all the other good wii u games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gameko posted:

There's a reason they're releasing new maps/weapons every couple of weeks (plus the game is actually selling very well apparently)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wii U is by far the best console of the generation with the most high-quality games for both the fun-haver and the try hard.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

even if it is, which i dont think will happen, then you have a wii u to play all the other good wii u games

Honestly there really isn't that many games for the wii u I want that I can't get elsewhere.

Mario Kart 8
SSB
Hyrule Warriors
MP10
Splatoon
Xenoblade (when it comes out)

That's like the only ones I've seen that I want.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Splatoon will last longer. The game you're thinking of that will only last a month is Devil's Third.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I'm glad to hear people feel like the community will be there for a while.

There's definitely a few games I'd like to play on the WiiU. Might be time to take the plunge.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Honestly there really isn't that many games for the wii u I want that I can't get elsewhere.

Mario Kart 8
SSB
Hyrule Warriors
MP10
Splatoon
Xenoblade (when it comes out)

That's like the only ones I've seen that I want.

donkey kong, pikmin, bayo, w101, captain toad, 3d world...

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Looks like the official splatoon strategy guide has some greater detail on skills.
http://squidboards.com/threads/detailed-information-on-skills-splatoon-book-guide-scans.2011/

The big things to note:
1) Without Ink Resistance, standing in enemy ink does 16.67 DPS, and will kill you in 6 seconds. It also lowers your speed to 20% of normal. Ink Resistance can increase your speed to 80% of normal and decrease damage to 8.333 DPS.
2) Damage Up cannot decrease the number of hits to kill. It's hard coded into every weapon in the game.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 5, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

donkey kong, pikmin, bayo, w101, captain toad, 3d world...

I don't like platformers, I'm bad at them.

I have wonderful 101 that I got for free and honestly in playing it I'm glad because the most I would have paid for it was probably $15. I kind of enjoyed Bayonetta 2 though, I tried the first one and was really bad at it, but the demo for 2 was fun and way too short.

I don't like donkey kong, I was really bad at the pikmin GC game because I hate time limits, the rest IDK anything about.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I was really bad at the pikmin GC game because I hate time limits

Just so you know, the second game did away with the time limit entirely. The third game has a time limit but it is EXTREMELY generous to the point where it might as well not exist. I'd recommend playing the second game since its one of the best games ever made IMO, though the third is good as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

golden bubble posted:

Looks like the official splatoon strategy guide has some greater detail on skills.
http://squidboards.com/threads/detailed-information-on-skills-splatoon-book-guide-scans.2011/

The big things to note:
1) Without Ink Resistance, standing in enemy ink does 16.67 DPS, and will kill you in 6 seconds. It also lowers your speed to 20% of normal. Ink Resistance can increase your speed to 80% of normal and decrease damage to 8.333 DPS.
2) Damage Up cannot decrease the number of hits to kill. It's hard coded into every weapon in the game.

12.5% movement speed in enemy ink WITHOUT
vs
80% movement speed in enemy ink WITH

:holymoley:

Get Ink Resistance boots.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Is the cool paintbrush weapon out yet?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Infinitum posted:

12.5% movement speed in enemy ink WITHOUT
vs
80% movement speed in enemy ink WITH

:holymoley:

Get Ink Resistance boots.

I told you guys ink resistance was insanely good. The difference is absurd. A tiny puddle of ink will turn you into a slug without it.

Cicadas! posted:

Is the cool paintbrush weapon out yet?

Nope.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't like platformers, I'm bad at them.

I have wonderful 101 that I got for free and honestly in playing it I'm glad because the most I would have paid for it was probably $15. I kind of enjoyed Bayonetta 2 though, I tried the first one and was really bad at it, but the demo for 2 was fun and way too short.

I don't like donkey kong, I was really bad at the pikmin GC game because I hate time limits, the rest IDK anything about.

so really your point was that you dont like good games not that the wii u doesnt have them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

I told you guys ink resistance was insanely good. The difference is absurd. A tiny puddle of ink will turn you into a slug without it.

Does it work when you're a squid or just when you're a kid?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That's a ludicrous discrepancy for one item to have.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

So how many "ironic" pedophile posts are you allowed to make before it becomes creepy? Caused I'd say the ideal number is zero.

If he's gonna act like a duck and quack like a duck, people going Dick Cheney on him shouldn't be surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

That strategy guide is going to be worthless if they ever do balance changes and change the percentages like with smash bros. And this being a competitive multiplayer game, almost certainly will.

• Locked thread