Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
throw out your speakers, Mehdi's got you covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5E4NiP4hpM

the whole thing's good, but 2:25 is the relevant part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
someone want to tell me why the doepfer dark time is seven times the price of the korg sq-1

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
like I'm p sure I'd have more fun with seven sq-1s than I would a dark time

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

warmer bloops and a wider soundstage on the bleeps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Deacon of Delicious posted:

throw out your speakers, Mehdi's got you covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5E4NiP4hpM

the whole thing's good, but 2:25 is the relevant part

this is the coolest thing ive ever seen

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
just in case anyone cares and isn't in the vst thread in ml, ni has finally done a sale on komplete. just bought an upgrade from K9U to K10U for $179 :hellyeah:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
something came out of my butt and it made a noise and it smelled bad

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

rack is love, rack is life

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Trig Discipline posted:

was it the result of your anal sphincter being loosened up by being conistently punded on by a chihuahua dick?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

was it the result of your anal sphincter being loosened up by being conistently punded on by a chihuahua dick?

no, that's just a coincidence

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Tayter Swift posted:

someone want to tell me why the doepfer dark time is seven times the price of the korg sq-1

Build quality and intended market
The korg is cranked out practically as a novelty piece. I bet they'll eventually take its brains and stick them in an upmarket kit like they did with the full size ms20.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
dark time has more options and ports n poo poo too. and way better knobs and general build quality.

however none of this matter to me, so i ended up with the sq1 and im p happy with it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
like for just a bit more you can buy the Beatstep pro, ehx's 8-step and clock works and the sq-1 for the hell of it

which is what I plan to do :twisted:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
is the beatstep pro available yet? i thought it was supposed to start shipping in march or something

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
release date slipped cuz it's a buggy piece of poo poo

I might just skip it tbh, maybe get a second 8 step

I have the a4 and midi for sequencing notes and while I haven't tried it yet I think I can do ratcheting on a4 by plocking the clock cv out

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
gently caress it, ordered the sq1, bleeps and bloops incoming.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
same, along with the 8-step

dont judge me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow I have only just discovered filter envelopes. Jesus what a moron I have been all this time

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

echinopsis posted:

wow I have only just discovered filter envelopes. Jesus what a moron I have been all this time

lol

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

inferis posted:

well I bought the po-12 and po-16 and one has a broken led and the other has loud white noise in the output

oh no just ordered these through massdrop, hoping they don't suck too much

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
i was about to buy an ensoniq esq-1 for $215 on craigslist, apparently in very good condition but no pictures.

i get there it's an ensoniq sq-1 which is not the same synth at all, but it was in very good condition

i didnt buy it

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

the esq1 is dope as hell. used to have one, but it was in incredibly bad shape when I bought it dirt cheap on ebay so I eventually ended up scrapping it.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
yeah its a v nice synth you could have for cheap but theyre 500-600 on ebay right now

the sq1 is an average rompler with workstation functionaliy so it sucks for synthy sounds

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
sq1 is here, now to bleepy bloopy

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
sq1 and ehx 8 step are waiting at home for me, gonna own

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
i just ordered a pigtronix infinity

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress clocks are hard

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

my sq1 was set to 1/8 clock speed when I got which i thought was dumb as hell, took me a while to figure out how to change it to a more normal 1/16. it's in the manual tho. p easy, i was dumbe

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh so the im1 has the ability to import banks (one at a time tho) from the hw or klc m1

so now i have like a million banks cool

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
sweet, I'll try it when I get home from the dog park

almost got it to sync w the ehx, then use the ehx as a trigger for the ms20 so I can do some sikk ratcheting but the sq-1 was ahead and the note changed too fast

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tayter Swift posted:

nah gently caress clocks are easy, here

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
quick shoutout to ehx for making their ac adapter tips identical-looking to the moogerfoogers' but opposite polarity

haven't accidentally fried anything yet but im sure its inevitable, need to find some white out to dab on it or something argh

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

been uninspired lately so I splurged the $75 and got renoise to spice things up

still wrapping my head around tracker production (drawing midi is for pussies, go line-by-line, start, stop, add element) and getting used to moving around on the keyboard, but having four octaves with just a laptop is nice and it feels a lot like using vim to program in music

combining this with that is making the tightest drums i've ever made

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

hmmm I kinda wanna learn how to use a tracker as well. I just never got my head around it. I like the idea of it being mainly keyboard focused, but it still seems pretty obtuse? dunno, I should just buy Renoise anyway.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
now that gadget does midi export I'm p much good to go between that and Logic. Wihpsh Gadget sent midi out tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
renoise is the god drat poo poo and once you catch the bug you will be FLYING. like seriously you can work fast fast fast. esp once you learn the interpolations to do filter sweeps and automation super easy

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I used trackers exclusively for 15 years and I was super glad when it turned out that making music in Live was much more fun to me :)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
idk, the workflow of trackers seems so alien and inorganic to me. like the difference between cooking thanksgiving dinner and heating up astronaut food in a tube. or like getting a handy from a mannequin

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
who wants their tube excited

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
making a thing

https://soundcloud.com/danwarren/song-in-progress-naked-and-dismayed

• Locked thread