Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JRizzle posted:

Did they renovate the Cotton Bowl only a few years ago? I went to it when Mizzou played Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl I think the year before they did it.

They did do some renovation at the Cotton Bowl. Haven't been since they finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aquaper
Apr 3, 2009

wandler20 posted:

If this is the new Tennessee script....meh

I'm sure some consulting firm earned an easy $100k.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

aquaper posted:

I'm sure some consulting firm earned an easy $100k.

Yeah probably. This incredibly complicated, sophisticated, and modern re-design cost UCLA $90k.

You may be shocked to learn that some people weren't super impressed with that little piece of business.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

VDay posted:

Yeah probably. This incredibly complicated, sophisticated, and modern re-design cost UCLA $90k.

You may be shocked to learn that some people weren't super impressed with that little piece of business.

It cost 90K to go into PowerPoint set the background to blue and type ucla lmbo

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What do I have to do to be a consultant for people changing logos or whatever? Seems like the easiest poo poo ever. "Hm...what font looks good? *runs through fonts list in Word* That'll be $150k, please!"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Reminds me of something you would see on a Starter jacket.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Reminds me of something you would see on a Starter jacket.

They're still fashionable in appalachia, so it makes sense.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

LeeMajors posted:

They're still fashionable in appalachia, so it makes sense.

Those were big in what, the early to mid 90s? I'm surprised we haven't seen them come back around yet to be honest

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dattserberg posted:

Those were big in what, the early to mid 90s? I'm surprised we haven't seen them come back around yet to be honest

I've seen a grown man wearing Zubaz in public....so yeah, why the gently caress not?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

wandler20 posted:

That's quite an innovative tread pattern. Is it an all-weather or summer tire?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There will be MACtion on the CBS Sports Network starting this fall.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Morby posted:

What do I have to do to be a consultant for people changing logos or whatever? Seems like the easiest poo poo ever. "Hm...what font looks good? *runs through fonts list in Word* That'll be $150k, please!"

Advertising.

I do design work. I've even won awards. There's a lot of stuff I don't want to admit I did because by the time my concepts got through all the reviews, they'd be revised and refined into garbage. One time, I had one that they kept wanting to "look cheaper." Well, we could use this expensive looking one that was creative and pleasant to look at and cost around $1,000 or you had revised it until it looked awful but also cost $10,000. :v:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dattserberg posted:

You talkin about Tennessee or Starter jackets?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Samaje Perine is a strong dude

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My feelings on more MACtion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZwG-auxC8

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I went to 3 years worth of games in Neyland (admittedly during a p dark time 08-10) and I was never impressed with the volume or energy of the place. People consistently left early and I've never had worse interfan interactions than in Neyland. For 100k people it can be so calm in there. I've also been told that had I been there in the glory days of the 90s it was different so I'm always hoping it was just the quality of the teams I watched.

The spoiled (and somewhat aging season ticket holders) Tennessee fans started sucking in the mid 2000's. I went to several games in the 90's, and they rocked. The only home game that reminded me of the 90's since 2005 (that I attended) was the 2006 Cal game. That said it is starting to change for the better under Jones as the team gets better.

That Works posted:

You talkin about Tennessee or Starter jackets?

drat.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

JonathonSpectre posted:

I kinda think you might need to step away from college football rivalries for a bit if you think a family getting torn apart is in any way "fantastic."

Sorry I'm late to respond to this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Sorry I'm late to respond to this.

Never gets old. :allears:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I must praise Neyland for Petros though. The best stadium snack.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

The only D-1 stadiums I've been to are Michigan Stadium, Spartan Stadium and Waldo Stadium (where Western Michigan plays). None had particularly exciting atmospheres, although part of that is because I've only seen Michigan beating up on Western or getting dominated by Sparty. East Lansing should be more electrifying than it is considering how good the team has gotten, but even big night games don't compare to what the Izzone brings on a regular basis.

If I could just pick a random place to see a college football game it would be a night game in Madison or Baton Rouge.

The problem with Sparty's night games is that the students seem to be too drunk to get loud and stay loud for the entire game. An afternoon basketball game seems to fit the population better than a night football game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

The problem with Sparty's night games is that the students seem to be too drunk to get loud and stay loud for the entire game.
That doesn't really make any sense. If they were drunker they would be louder. That's why night games in Death Valley are so nuts. Everybody is hammered.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

That doesn't really make any sense. If they were drunker they would be louder. That's why night games in Death Valley are so nuts. Everybody is hammered.

The problem is that they are so drunk, they've lost interest in the game and are starting to lose it. The biggest example was the night game against Nebraska last year - when the third quarter came, the student section started to lose momentum rapidly.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wait, what is this too drunk for football that you speak of?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Where is that Tennessee logo thing from? I haven't seen it anywhere.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

It does exist. When you're dehydrated all to hell, covered in body paint and drunk off your rear end you're sometimes less concerned about the score and more concerned about trying not to die.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

KKKLIP ART posted:

Binge drinking is bad for your health

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

wandler20 posted:

I am pretty sure this is not real. I've only seen it here, and not on any of the Tennessee boards. Plus Tennessee is still under Adidas until the end of this month, and the new contract with Nike starts in July. So everything is being kept secret until the Nike unveiling.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I must praise Neyland for Petros though. The best stadium snack.

My wife loves it, but I'm so-so on it. Just too filling for my taste. What Neyland needs is beer sales more than anything.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

SHUT.
UP.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

nate fisher posted:

My wife loves it, but I'm so-so on it. Just too filling for my taste. What Neyland needs is beer sales more than anything.

Petros is pretty good but if I want real food at the stadium I'll probably hit Calhoun's and otherwise I'm getting a bag of peanuts because I can eat on that poo poo all game.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So is watching bad football sober

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thanks dad :jerkbag:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

The problem is that they are so drunk, they've lost interest in the game and are starting to lose it. The biggest example was the night game against Nebraska last year - when the third quarter came, the student section started to lose momentum rapidly.

That was because it was cold as poo poo and appeared to be a blowout and everyone just wanted to go get drunker at various parties. It was genuinely just bad fandom more than anything.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
The last time I was absolutely shitfaced at a game, I was in grad school, and it was actually the year there was a huge fight on the field for the Clemson/SCar game. I didn't have a ticket, so after some HEAVY tailgating I decided to walk back to my apartment. I remember being on the phone with a buddy of mine, then after I got off the phone, about 10 minutes later I realized I didn't have my phone anymore. I literally have no idea what I did with it and couldn't find it.

The next thing I know I'm waking up in my bed and hear the sounds of the fight being broadcast on TV.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

nate fisher posted:

I am pretty sure this is not real. I've only seen it here, and not on any of the Tennessee boards. Plus Tennessee is still under Adidas until the end of this month, and the new contract with Nike starts in July. So everything is being kept secret until the Nike unveiling.

Saw this as well:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wandler20 posted:

Saw this as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7G7loR2VVw

That throwup orange.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Fun challenge - find all the Tennessees in this logo!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 5, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
'...and I don't like pumpkins' gets me every time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

'...and I don't like pumpkins' gets me every time.

Right?

I love that kid.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

...I like the UT script...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

...I like the UT script...

I do too, actually. If the intention was to sneak a bunch of Tennessees in there, that's kinda cool. Only thing that bugs me is the two Ns being different.

Here's a neat time-lapse gif someone made of the W-B construction, which shows better than anything else how much of a disaster the surrounding area used to be:

• Locked thread