Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Hegay posted:

Wonder if Marcelo and Bale on the left would work with Ronnie and Benzema up front, Modrić and Kroos midfield. Rafa brought Xavi Valero with him, that's cool and good

Bale left, Ronnie centra, James right. Isco behind them then Modric and Kroos in midfield

Benzema cries himself to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Brony Car posted:

You posted before I finished my edit in the Serie A thread. Have any of the Madrid players spoken out about Benitez yet? It's going to depend more on the players themselves to keep their spirits up if things aren't going according to plan.

Casillas has started kissing his rear end

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Casillas has started kissing his rear end

Casillas turns in to more and more of a bitch every day.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
hrm since there's no more champions league final thread, can we talk about barcelona in here still?

They will probably win

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is Enrique one of the best managers ever if he gets a treble?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
find it funny that people keep asking that / trying to belittle what pep managed

idk why people are so obsessed with trying to make out he's not a great manager

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He needs to win lots of stuff with teams elsewhere before he can really be considered great imo and winning everything in Germany with Bayern doesn't really count

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

not not luvd posted:

find it funny that people keep asking that / trying to belittle what pep managed

idk why people are so obsessed with trying to make out he's not a great manager

the fact that this is your response to Jose's question actually proves his point, nice work :thumbsup:

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Jose posted:

He needs to win lots of stuff with teams elsewhere before he can really be considered great imo and winning everything in Germany with Bayern doesn't really count

if you take the two seasons totally out of context then yeah you could argue that becasue they both won the treble that they had similar success, but that ignores what pep built and how he got there. picking up the reigns and letting messi do his thing when you've got neymar and suarez too isn;t the same thing at all imo

also the sheer amount of actual professionals who rave and rave about how great pep is his methods etc, it just seems shortsighted and kinda depressing. just bashing something brilliant idk.

Parody Threads posted:

the fact that this is your response to Jose's question actually proves his point, nice work :thumbsup:

i literally couldn't care less about anything you post sorry

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Jose posted:

Nothing short of winning the Champions League with Stoke is ever going to "really count" for you people.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Casillas turns in to more and more of a bitch every day.

wasn't he always a bit of a bitch though?

e; also are the rumours about him selling locker room info substantiated or at least an educated guess? I've been hearing about that a lot but tbh don't really follow La Liga

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Nothing short of winning the Champions League with Stoke is ever going to "really count" for you people.

Not getting completely smashed by teams who've adapted to his style would do. Klopp's reputation has taken a battering this season because of early season form.

Lol at letting Messi Neymar and Suarez picking up the reigns isn't the same as Messi, Eto'o and Henry doing it isn't the same. Enrique has Barca playing completely different football to Guardiola

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

dex_sda posted:

wasn't he always a bit of a bitch though?

e; also are the rumours about him selling locker room info substantiated or at least an educated guess? I've been hearing about that a lot but tbh don't really follow La Liga

Not always. That's just the last two years.

As for the second part, he's been boning a sports journalist since 2009 ffs. What do you think.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Not always. That's just the last two years.

As for the second part, he's been boning a sports journalist since 2009 ffs. What do you think.

If she's able to get him to give away things that are supposed to be secret by threatening to embargo access into her pants, then I contend he has always been a bitch deep inside

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Jose posted:

Not getting completely smashed by teams who've adapted to his style would do. Klopp's reputation has taken a battering this season because of early season form.

Lol at letting Messi Neymar and Suarez picking up the reigns isn't the same as Messi, Eto'o and Henry doing it isn't the same. Enrique has Barca playing completely different football to Guardiola

if bayern had had robben and ribery and barca hadn;t had messi and suarez how do you think the result might have changed?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Jose posted:

It's football, you can't win every game.

And yes this Barca plays completely different but that's in part because we have different players now, Barca still values possession but they are more direct thanks to Rakitic, Neymar and Suarez.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

dex_sda posted:

If she's able to get him to give away things that are supposed to be secret by threatening to embargo access into her pants, then I contend he has always been a bitch deep inside

She's pretty much his wife. They have a child.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

She's pretty much his wife. They have a child.

And? Surely a professional would recognise the inherent value of not sharing some of the locker information that apparently got leaked, wife or not.

Like, I understand sharing what Mourinho eats for breakfast or whatever so that your gf has a story, but not a tactical setup designed to surprise your opponent.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

dex_sda posted:

And? Surely a professional would recognise the inherent value of not sharing some of the locker information that apparently got leaked, wife or not.

Like, I understand sharing what Mourinho eats for breakfast or whatever so that your gf has a story, but not a tactical setup designed to surprise your opponent.

Mou wasn't angry because he leaked a lineup or whatever, he was angry because locker room drama was leaked.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I thought Ronaldo mysteriously went to the states and came back with a kid that definitely wasn't purchased or grown in a tube or anything?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

not not luvd posted:

i literally couldn't care less about anything you post sorry

that's cool man

But you do realize that Pep has made bayern demonstrably worse in Europe and his better finishes in the league are the result of Bayern's financial muscle and literally buying the best player from their best competition every season? Now that he's blown out a ton of his staff and Enrique is about to duplicate his signature achievement I think it's a bit easier to say "rich teams good" than "Pep is one of the greatest"

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Looks like Emery is rejecting higher paid offers from Napoli and West Ham in order to stay at Sevilla.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Drogadon posted:

Looks like Emery is rejecting higher paid offers from Napoli and West Ham in order to stay at Sevilla.

Good. I don't know why he would leave given that he just got them into the Champions League. They'll have more money to play around with now too.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dex_sda posted:

Bitching to your wife about the dumb poo poo at work is married life 101

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pep took over at Barca with Messi about to bloom into the best player in the world, a still good Eto'o and Henry on the books and Xavi/Iniesta starting their frighteningly good years. He's a capable manager obviously, since he could still have bottled it completely somehow, but arguing he's the greatest ever because he won stuff with a spine that ridiculous is a bit much.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hegay posted:

Wonder if Marcelo and Bale on the left would work with Ronnie and Benzema up front, Modrić and Kroos midfield. Rafa brought Xavi Valero with him, that's cool and good

Xavi Valero played a big part in making Torres as good as he was, he was a goalkeeping coach first and foremost (idk if that's still the case) and used to drill him on how to beat the next opposition keeper

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

A Modric/Kroos deep mid will get run over pretty quickly. Considering he can only score from a few yards out it'll make sense to play Ronaldo as the #9. I'll miss seeing Benzema poo poo the bed each week tho

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Can someone confirm that Elche have just been relegated for taxes?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Can someone confirm that Elche have just been relegated for taxes?

It's on Marca's site, but that's all the confirmation I can give you. Seems like Eibar will stay in Primera for the next season.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Th official La Liga twitter channel has confirmed it, Elche is going down, Eibar to stay up.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Barcelona in the last decade seems like a club where the capabilities of a coach can be maximized. They now have three very successful coaches (Pep, Rijkaard, and Luis Enrique) whose careers were not as good before or after Barcelona.

Pep is an excellent coach but he has his issues, you can look at his away record in Europe for example, and in Barcelona those issues were minimized, in Bayern not so much.

As for making Bayern worse, that's an exaggeration. Why, because they won a treble with Heynckes? They had a treble of failure the season before that, with Heynckes too.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 5, 2015

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Barcelona in the last decade seems like a club where the capabilities of a coach can be maximized. They now have three very successful coaches (Pep, Rijkaard, and Luis Enrique) whose careers were not as good before or after Barcelona.

Pep is an excellent coach but he has his issues, you can look at his away record in Europe for example, and in Barcelona those issues were minimized, in Bayern not so much.

As for making Bayern worse, that's an exaggeration. Why, because they won a treble with Heynckes? They had a treble of failure the season before that, with Heynckes too.

They played football that was glorious to watch under Heynckes though, now under Pep they play the same boring tiny triangle choke the life out of the game poo poo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Pep is just a spanish brendan rodgers

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ninpo posted:

They played football that was glorious to watch under Heynckes though, now under Pep they play the same boring tiny triangle choke the life out of the game poo poo.

ah yes ninpo the bundeliga watcher

also getting beaten by the best team in the world without your two best attackers = bad manager

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

not not luvd posted:

also getting beaten by the best team in the world without your two best attackers = bad manager

This is a terrible rebuttal.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Healbot posted:

Th official La Liga twitter channel has confirmed it, Elche is going down, Eibar to stay up.
I like Elche but I thought it was a shame Eibar were going down. This might be good.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Drogadon posted:

i'm wiping tears from my eyes, this is a beautiful moment

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

not not luvd posted:

How can we possibly be expected to win games when we are reduced to fielding such incompetents as Mueller, Goetse and Lewandowski. Well put luvd well put

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

not not luvd posted:

they also got beaten 4-0 by real last season, pep has been found out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont think when evaluating a manager the style that they play really matters. mourinho is one of the best ever and his teams are insanely fail. also why do ppl forget that barca was bad the season before pep started managing them, surely if "just letting messi/henry/etoo do their thing" was so easy than riijkaard would never have gotten fired in the first place. getting rid of ronaldinho was an insanely bold move i think considering hewas the face of the club, and messi was nowhere near best of all time status when pep started. those are big things i think

• Locked thread