Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
For Whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Ogrel72 posted:

For Whip

:perfect:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Better watch those doughnuts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Woke up with a migraine yesterday, threw up my breakfast, then decided to go back to bed for the rest of the day.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ogrel72 posted:

For Whip

on my 9th beer, probably would

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Once again us tit men are relegated to the back of the bus.

You had supremacy for the 20th and early 21st century. :dealwithit:

Two Finger posted:

on my 9th beer, probably have

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

on my 9th beer, I've done worse

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0EXt1CXt4

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Apparently the Dark Tower movie is going ahead, and will be directed by a Danish guy who made a Swedish adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (which, if you haven't seen or read it, is pretty hosed up).

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Apparently the Dark Tower movie is going ahead, and will be directed by a Danish guy who made a Swedish adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (which, if you haven't seen or read it, is pretty hosed up).

The Swedish movie was pretty good. I haven't seen the one with James Bond in it. The trilogy of books was garbage, though. It seems like every possible airport thriller cliche is present in the books (which is fine), yet they were still somehow a chore to read. The movie took the bones of the plot and wisely abandoned all the coffee-sipping, relationship problems, and campus-leftie political opinions of the protagonist. The bad guys of the second and third books are literally neo-Nazi, human trafficking, drug dealing, serial killing Russian bikers and I was still rooting for them to rid me of the hero journalist.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I actually bought my copies at the airport bookstore in Shannon, Ireland. :(

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The books are fine, with a few reserations, until the third book. Then you get 200ish pages of procedurally going over everything that happened in the second book when you just want the plot to advance. The Daniel Craig movie is the best version, largely because it does all the editing the book seriously needed done. Anyway everyone should watch Wallander because it's the best thing on tv.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Casimir Radon posted:

The books are fine, with a few reserations, until the third book. Then you get 200ish pages of procedurally going over everything that happened in the second book when you just want the plot to advance. The Daniel Craig movie is the best version, largely because it does all the editing the book seriously needed done. Anyway everyone should watch Wallander because it's the best thing on tv.

Is Wallander the show where one episode the overweight, diabetic detective beats a motherfucker to death in an oddly disturbing scene?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

not caring here posted:

Is Wallander the show where one episode the overweight, diabetic detective beats a motherfucker to death in an oddly disturbing scene?
No. There is an episode where he shoots what is one of the most unsympathetic characters possible, then gets really depressed about it and goes on a leave of absence. He is overweight and has a form of diabetes though.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 3, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well I don't know what show my mush brain has made up in my head but it's pretty legit, shame you can't watch it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Man I hosed up when I signed up for this geopolitics course. The workload for a 200-level class was insane. I just wrapped up a monster 12 page paper. Easily the longest one I've had to thus far, and most likely in all of undergraduate college.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Man I hosed up when I signed up for differential equations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:eng101: "Is anybody taking a vacation after we're done with Differential Equations?"

:(    "Yeah... from math."

About half the class has dropped already.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I just did a google image search of "differential equations" and became extremely triggered.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
summer school starts next week
Statistics and Applications
Programming Languages
Data Structures and Algorithms

Pounding 21 Year Olds is extra ciricular

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Drunk thread and y'all talkin bout math poo poo.

loving nerds.

Here is a math problem:

1 shot Goldschlager
1 shot rumplemintz
1 shot Jager
1 shot 151

Mix in whiskey tumbler.

Drink.

Edit... Oh hey... Not the drunk thread.

Well.

Just pretend I posted this over there.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I just did a google image search of "differential equations" and became extremely triggered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmjcNQWPlA8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
DiffEq is quite a bit easier than Calc 3 IMO

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Self taught. Best taught.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

at the date posted:

Calc III was far and away the easiest of the three calculuses.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The Swedish versions are a lot better IMO, but some people really cant stand to read subtitles. I'm one of those subhumans who prefers to always have subtitles on anyway.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Statistics is the only form of math that I find relevant these days, it's not terribly difficult and when you understand the concept/theory behind what your analyzing it's a lot better and bearable than calculus.

Edit: Fuckin nerds

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Calc III was far and away the easiest of the three calculuses.

I had exactly the opposite experience. It starts out relatively easy (if you understand geometry), just vector analysis stuff that has very little to do with the "calculus" part of the class—but the various applications of integration in multiple dimensions was really difficult for me.

^ ^ ^

Yeah, after Calculus statistics was a walk in the park. It felt like I was just putting names to common sense stuff that I knew already or could derive.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
God damnit :mad:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/04/politics/federal-agency-hacked-personnel-management/index.html

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Why does IRS guy post here?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

at the date posted:

This is also true if you are taking a class that uses diff equations in it, like say Physical Chemistry.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nerds.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Comedy gold here, I'm dying.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifesty...EIuO/story.html

quote:

And for the college essay, don’t write about your immigrant family, he tells them: “Don’t talk about your family coming from Vietnam with $2 in a rickety boat and swimming away from sharks.”

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Does this mean Asians are now considered white?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lazy Reservist posted:

No, they're bananas.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

No, they're twinkies

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Lazy Reservist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15TyRtA73Ks&t=147s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Lazy Reservist posted:

To be fairly serious, Asians have always been the most favored immigrants in america and occupy a social position pretty close to whites and ahead of them in some regards (the stereotype of Asians is "extremely intelligent scientists and doctors and poo poo"). I'm pretty sure most of their cultures talk about working together and being collectivist and poo poo, so they assimilate much easier than other immigrant groups.

• Locked thread