Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

afkmacro posted:

i dont open cases i buy the garbage directly

:argh:

my "spent on csgo" stat is retarded because every sticker i get offered to buy that i can sell for a profit (lmao dat 10 cent profit ftw) gets counted to that tally

the upside is that my market transactions are permanently in the green

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also enfu sticker capsules were really cool to get offered when they launched because they were some cool price

----------------

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

what kind of fag retard doesnt know about the aug or the t equivalent that i cant remember the name of

so fukken hot, go ddamn

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

ArfJason posted:

the georges pompidou modern art center is a million times more interesting to wander around than the louvre, even if the latter has richer history

i prefer the hermitage, personally

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sitting Bull posted:

i prefer the hermitage, personally

i believe you, louvre is almost literally endless halls of (some admittedly cool) romanticism pics and boring portraits. I'm more of a magritte guy

----------------

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What m4a1 would I get if I made the sig my cyrex.........

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

What m4a1 would I get if I made the sig my cyrex.........

boreal forest

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sitting Bull posted:

boreal forest

That is legit a good looking m4a1 skin too, good idea.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

That is legit a good looking m4a1 skin too, good idea.

i put burger/crown/kawaii on mine and i think it looks lovely =]

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have a blood tiger as a backup for my cyrex for when the game goes on sale and I buy an unranked account along with 3 more so I can teach my real life friends how to play like a Gold Nova Master. I think it looks pretty cool.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I have a field tested boreal forest I'm not using, I'll gladly give it any goon that wants it

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell, I stopped playing back in March, came back a week ago or so. Reranked up to Silver Elite despite leaving at Silver 4. Now I'm up to Nova 3. Not only this, I'm loving becoming the poo poo I always hated; a loving AWP rear end in a top hat.

Even though I'm "better" than I was at a Silver 2 when I started playing competitive for the firs ttime I still have no loving idea how to retake either B or A on Nuke.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
am i always going to get this cooldown period after a few MM games? or does it go away after you get a rank?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It goes away after you get a rank.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I like the crummy common skins way more than most of the really flashy ones. Plus people have so many of them that you can go on a server, beg for a skin, and someone will eventually give you one because they only sell for like 4 cents or something. Like the Urban DPAT m4a4 I got off some random dude in a DM server looks way better than most of the rarer skins I've seen.

E: that reminds me, is there a way to set a weapon so that it shuffles between the skins you have available for it each time you die?

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 5, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Buck Turgidson posted:

I like the crummy common skins way more than most of the really flashy ones. Plus people have so many of them that you can go on a server, beg for a skin, and someone will eventually give you one because they only sell for like 4 cents or something. Like the Urban DPAT m4a4 I got off some random dude in a DM server looks way better than most of the rarer skins I've seen.

I typically agree. The only ones I really like that are worth more than a nickel are P250 Supernova, M4A1 Guardian and the AK Laminate series. It always blows me away that people will pay $50 for a skin that looks worse than the default. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Admittedly some of them are so gaudy and garish that they start to look kind of good.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Buck Turgidson posted:

E: that reminds me, is there a way to set a weapon so that it shuffles between the skins you have available for it each time you die?
No, there's no skin shuffle.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 5, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Elysiume posted:

No, there's no skin shuffle.

im going to do the no skin shuffle with a pretty lady

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Buck Turgidson posted:

Plus people have so many of them that you can go on a server, beg for a skin,

:chloe:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

fennesz posted:

Admittedly some of them are so gaudy and garish that they start to look kind of good.

I like the m4 dragon king :frogbon:

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Icept posted:

I like the m4 dragon king :frogbon:

I hate the DK, but I LOVE the Hyperbeast. What does that make me?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Picer posted:

someone who cares about hats

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

:cool:

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

someone who cares about hats

And knives. Don't forget about knives.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Picer posted:

The Dragon King looks like dogshit while the Hyper Beast looks at least slightly cool. So you're alright in my book.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
I got lumped into a stack of people that were 5-8 ranks higher than me in competitive and found the only way I could contribute was with bizon/p90 rushes. Will this stop working eventually?

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Matrim posted:

I got lumped into a stack of people that were 5-8 ranks higher than me in competitive and found the only way I could contribute was with bizon/p90 rushes. Will this stop working eventually?

No it will work forever

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

"Someone smoke mid"

http://gfycat.com/RewardingBareJay

:downs:

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 5, 2015

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Matrim posted:

Go bizon exclusive, you will still kill everyone but have the SMG moral high ground.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Not just cos that can happen, but throwing the smoke lower down helps because it blooms fast enough for you to cross with stopping.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

Not just cos that can happen, but throwing the smoke lower down helps because it blooms fast enough for you to cross with stopping.

ive been thinking about this recently and thinking what if you could come up with faster triggered smokes
like say you want to smoke stairs in mirage from t. Could there be an alterate throw where it falls with less vertical velocity? would the time saving even matter?

----------------

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This sergei mission is incredibly stupid. The only thing stupider is me actually playing in casual mode to complete it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ArfJason posted:

ive been thinking about this recently and thinking what if you could come up with faster triggered smokes
like say you want to smoke stairs in mirage from t. Could there be an alterate throw where it falls with less vertical velocity? would the time saving even matter?

For some things it's a big deal, but I don't think that stairs on mirage is one of them. The only point in it is in conjunction with other smokes in an A take, so it doesn't matter so much if the rush is telegraphed by the obvious smoke bouncing in. Playing A on mirage, you'll see the smokes come over before they even touch the ground.

The only reason I can see for a very fast stairs smoke is for the benefit of somebody trying to pick from palace.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

This sergei mission is incredibly stupid. The only thing stupider is me actually playing in casual mode to complete it.

i loved it because when i got done with it i played as sergei and made it a hassle for people trying to complete it as documented in my successful youtube series

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

For some things it's a big deal, but I don't think that stairs on mirage is one of them. The only point in it is in conjunction with other smokes in an A take, so it doesn't matter so much if the rush is telegraphed by the obvious smoke bouncing in. Playing A on mirage, you'll see the smokes come over before they even touch the ground.

The only reason I can see for a very fast stairs smoke is for the benefit of somebody trying to pick from palace.

no yeah i know i was using it as an example cause i can't think of other slow to land smoke but i imagine if you could find alt faster smokes for site takes you could improve "THE META!!!!!"

----------------

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

i loved it because when i got done with it i played as sergei and made it a hassle for people trying to complete it as documented in my successful youtube series

In what's probably the exact opposite of that, I just found my sergei afk in spawn, last round of the match

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Finished a mission, got a FN A1 Icarus Fell.

I can accept this.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I've been helping out/teaching some very basic CS stuff to a few new players, and their biggest complaint so far is that there isn't a casual competitive, other than the public servers

I have to agree.. Casual mode is just a flop, I see where they're coming from (A more relaxing version of CS) but the clusterfuck that is 12v12 and the ruined pistol rounds aren't fun for most.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Searching community servers for ones running comp settings is as close as you can get, but a lot of them it feels like you're almost exclusively shooting silvers with the occasional pubstar breaking the server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Ideally they'd replace Casual with 5v5 competitive except unranked, have a softer, stealthier ranking system so people don't get as crushed (but with broader skill ranges), and then instead of ranking people in competitive with the current system, have them play like 40-ish casuals on new accounts.

• Locked thread