Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

VDay posted:

Now I want season two to start off with a story arc about how the only people that got new powers from the pills are idiots who bought a bunch of magic diet pills and homeopathic medicine and thus have no idea what to do with their powers and would make terrible SHIELD agents.

On the other hand, they made Patton Oswalt and a girl who's superpower was "really good at Twitter" agents, so a gym rat with superpowers might be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dirty posted:

The idea that the fish would get Adama'd sort of also opens the possibility of the fish getting superpowers. I like this.

This fall, Marvel's Inphibians.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Live action Hypnotoad, i'm in.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just have to say, for anyone who said they couldn't do a hulk like creature on a TV budget on Agents of Shield, they need to watch Game of Thrones and see how they do the giants. Practical effect and holy poo poo does it look good on screen. I know SHIELD might not have the same budget, but I honestly get the impression the way they film it, it's doable on the cheap.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Isn't there an inhuman movie coming out in the distance future? It seems odd that they're going to focus AoS so much on inhumans a fear years ahead of time, then make a movie about the same type of powers, in the same world, but stick to their policy of never directly referencing the show in the movies.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

counterfeitsaint posted:

Isn't there an inhuman movie coming out in the distance future? It seems odd that they're going to focus AoS so much on inhumans a fear years ahead of time, then make a movie about the same type of powers, in the same world, but stick to their policy of never directly referencing the show in the movies.

I reckon they'll save the reveal of the inhumans Royal Family and their society for the movie, so in the movie they'll just be all 'inhumans have been popping up in the general population lately MOVING ON my god a whole society'.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

counterfeitsaint posted:

... but stick to their policy of never directly referencing the show in the movies.

I was thinking about this while watching the finale. I really like Coulson and I'm glad he's in AoS, but I do feel like as long as he's in it, AoS is locked out of the "real" timeline. The one-way references almost make it feel like fanfic, which is a pity. I don't expect the movies to take time out to address events in AoS, but seeing a few of the characters show up would be nice. That gets pretty hard when everyone has to come up with reasons to not mention Coulson being alive, and I understand that actually even mentioning him being resurrected in the movies sort of causes a fracture in the overarching movie plot. But by specifically avoiding it they're basically left with a TV universe and a movie universe.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

The Red Queen posted:

It would be pretty funny if all Inhumans with kinetic/energy related powers were like The Flash and had to consume an equivalent amount of calories every time they used them.

You mean, mentioned once, well after such a thing should have come up, and then completely ignored forever afterwards?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

This fall, Marvel's Inphibians.

Aquanoids. :colbert:

(I'm not even kidding http://marvel.wikia.com/Aquanoids_%28Men-Fish%29_%28Earth-616%29)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You mean, mentioned once, well after such a thing should have come up, and then completely ignored forever afterwards?

It's actually referenced several times in the 1990s show.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I think they hand-waved it with Cisco's "calorie dense energy bars" that we don't ever actually see Barry eat. :(

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Red Queen posted:

It would be pretty funny if all Inhumans with kinetic/energy related powers were like The Flash and had to consume an equivalent amount of calories every time they used them.

Being science minded, that kind of thing bugs me a little, too.

In Iron Man 3 when people were instantly regrowing severed arms, I am thinking, "Where is that new mass coming from? Did they just lose 2 inches of leg length to grow the new arm?"

So yeah.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I just have to say, for anyone who said they couldn't do a hulk like creature on a TV budget on Agents of Shield, they need to watch Game of Thrones and see how they do the giants. Practical effect and holy poo poo does it look good on screen. I know SHIELD might not have the same budget, but I honestly get the impression the way they film it, it's doable on the cheap.

Agreed, on the condition that GoT borrows the close-quarter combat coordinator from AoS, because goddamn the fights in Dorne were so bad.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Proposition Joe posted:

Haha loving BING?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hahaha, "C, l," "CLIFTON BOWLES, ISN'T BING SO MUCH BETTER THAN GOOGLE?"

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Bing is for searching naked celebs, google is for googling

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Jusupov posted:

Bing is for searching naked celebs, google is for googling

Bing is also for googling.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dirty posted:

The idea that the fish would get Adama'd sort of also opens the possibility of the fish getting superpowers. I like this.

Namor lead-in.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Namor lead-in.

"First those super-soldier fish in 1946 and now this?! That's it, I'm declaring war on the surface world."

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
On the Flash front, I feel like it's a real missed opportunity to not show him eating insane amounts of food at every turn. I just think it's a fun gag to see him hanging out at Star labs working his way through 20+ plates of food. And to see him never able to eat a full portion in public since it would basically reveal his identity, unless he was doing it in another state then it'd probably just be seen as odd.

If you don't want him eating through a whole scene, just have him super-speed by the food and eat it faster than we can see.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pander posted:

Agreed, on the condition that GoT borrows the close-quarter combat coordinator from AoS, because goddamn the fights in Dorne were so bad.

I've heard 99% of the reason for that awfulness is the fact they are shooting on some historical landmark in Spain that basically kicks them off after like 15 minutes for multiple hours.

Basically they picked a lovely place to film because it looked cool and it wrecked things. Still, AoS knows how to shoot some freaking awesome action lately.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yes that would be quite amusing. Once or twice. Hey how about we also show the Flash having super speed shits every episode also.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

I've heard 99% of the reason for that awfulness is the fact they are shooting on some historical landmark in Spain that basically kicks them off after like 15 minutes for multiple hours.

Basically they picked a lovely place to film because it looked cool and it wrecked things. Still, AoS knows how to shoot some freaking awesome action lately.

They should hire the Strike Back stunt guys... they roll into Bangkok and blew everything up.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

That's basically goon invention because, even if they only had 15 minutes to film, they would have practiced the action sequences for weeks beforehand. sandsnakes.gif makes it look like they ad-libbed the fight on set.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr Beens posted:

Yes that would be quite amusing. Once or twice. Hey how about we also show the Flash having super speed shits every episode also.

Hmmm, a speedforce turd railgun would be pretty effective in certain situations ....

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Mack's a regular now: http://www.tvovermind.com/agents-of-shield/agents-shield-season-3-henry-simmons-upgraded-series-regular-259323

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

I'm the guy who enjoys watching Mack.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MikeJF posted:

Now why the gently caress isn't Mack main cast yet. :colbert:

You got told, son

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hey I ain't complainin' now.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

MikeJF posted:

Hey I ain't complainin' now.

Now say "Why hasn't Robert Downey Jr. made a guest appearance yet?"

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Just marathoned through the series and really enjoyed it. I looked at a timeline that recommended watching Agent Carter's first (only? IMDB has the main actress in like 18 episodes for some reason, but there were only 8) season in between episodes 10 and 11, but there didn't seem to be any reason to do so, since there were no references or anything.

therobotking posted:

I'm the guy who enjoys watching Mack.

Mack is the best, so that's a good thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mastajake posted:

Just marathoned through the series and really enjoyed it. I looked at a timeline that recommended watching Agent Carter's first (only? IMDB has the main actress in like 18 episodes for some reason, but there were only 8) season in between episodes 10 and 11, but there didn't seem to be any reason to do so, since there were no references or anything.

That's just when it actually aired, midway through this season.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mastajake posted:

18 episodes includes season 2.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mastajake posted:

No there weren't any references. I don't think it has any tie-ins whatsoever so long as you watch it after the first Capn movie. Watching it mid-season just lets you simulate the winter break the live-watchers had to make it through.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

a speedforce turd railgun

Sisko, get to work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope season 3 opens with Simmons being spat out of the stone. For her months will have passed, but for everyone else, its been minutes.

Hell ya Mack as a regular! He and Fitz can mend their bromance.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

twistedmentat posted:

I hope season 3 opens with Simmons being spat out of the stone. For her months will have passed, but for everyone else, its been minutes.

Hell ya Mack as a regular! He and Fitz can mend their bromance.

I think it's more likely to be the opposite. Seconds have passed for her but for everyone else it's been months. Skye has an Inhuman team, Bobby is back and Fitz has moved on. She's assumed dead. The driving mystery will be what happened to Simmons during those months in the stone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PriorMarcus posted:

I think it's more likely to be the opposite. Seconds have passed for her but for everyone else it's been months. Skye has an Inhuman team, Bobby is back and Fitz has moved on. She's assumed dead. The driving mystery will be what happened to Simmons during those months in the stone.

I was thinking that the Kree would have her and be "oh poo poo Humans have discovered us...wait what the inhuman genes are being acviated? We need to look into it, get Mar-vell on it!" and the season revolves around Kree infiltrators on Earth. Then it turns into Civil War preamble.

That way works too though. Poor Jemma though, she's gonna be messed up no matter what.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

That way works too though. Poor Jemma though, she's gonna be messed up no matter what.

I'm sure she'll squander any sympathy with extreme scifi-racist reactions in short order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm just going to assume that she and Barry from the Flash have just switched places. Barry goes back to The Flash and suddenly he's a competent fighter, and some of Cisco's enthusiasm has rubbed off on her and she's not racist anymore.

• Locked thread