Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
New page is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh so it's one of those boss battle that's scripted so you always lose.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I can't remember, did Mutemaster and Noisemaster call Almond a hero or not? Is Rosemaster the first to do that?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
And now Nightmare Knight is going to bail them out while they're unconscious.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Stormgale posted:

I can't remember, did Mutemaster and Noisemaster call Almond a hero or not? Is Rosemaster the first to do that?

Noisemaster also referred to the group as heroes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

And now Nightmare Knight is going to bail them out while they're unconscious.

Mr. R will arrive and reveal that the R stands for "Ripped as hell" and then wrassle Rosemaster EX into submission.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
They reload from the last save and the next thousand pages are just level grinding.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They missed the Gades Rosemaster Blade time to restart.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

You know who hasn't been on-panel for a couple pages? Carrot.

The instant Super Rosemaster shows up, there's a group shot where everyone else is bathed in harsh red light but he's out of that light in the back. Almost looks like he's backing up. Then the other group shot on that page doesn't show him even though it's a really distant thing with bright silhouettes, and on this page too he's not shown with the group getting sleep'd.

He could be meeting an identical fate as the rest of the party, just-off-camera, because who cares about Carrot. But I bet he ran away before Rosemaster noticed him.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Ditocoaf posted:

You know who hasn't been on-panel for a couple pages? Carrot.

The instant Super Rosemaster shows up, there's a group shot where everyone else is bathed in harsh red light but he's out of that light in the back. Almost looks like he's backing up. Then the other group shot on that page doesn't show him even though it's a really distant thing with bright silhouettes, and on this page too he's not shown with the group getting sleep'd.

He could be meeting an identical fate as the rest of the party, just-off-camera, because who cares about Carrot. But I bet he ran away before Rosemaster noticed him.

Yeah, cowardly Carrot is only good for arranging flowers. Maybe pruning errant buds.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though if this is leading to a Stiner moment that'd be great too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Seshoho Cian posted:

Noisemaster also referred to the group as heroes.

I suspect Stormgale is specifically looking for hints of 'hero' shifting from Cucumber to Almond.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Speaking of, does Rosemaster know that Cucumber's meant to be the (legendary) hero, not Almond? I'd have assumed so, but the last page makes me think otherwise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Of course she does! Who ever heard of a little sister being a hero?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

This was why I was asking and I felt Rosemaster might have opinions on that dynamic.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
I assume she's using "heroes" in the same way you would include Luigi with Mario. You know, gold star for effort.

Anyway I really doubt we'll ever get a "Almond is the hero" moment because the whole point of the comic is that Almond is wrong. 99 other people tried to solve this problem by hitting it with swords and they all completely failed. Cucumber's the real hero (who will presumably break the cycle) because he's able to empathize with others and talk things out instead of immediately jumping to stabbing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Tulul posted:

I assume she's using "heroes" in the same way you would include Luigi with Mario. You know, gold star for effort.

Anyway I really doubt we'll ever get a "Almond is the hero" moment because the whole point of the comic is that Almond is wrong. 99 other people tried to solve this problem by hitting it with swords and they all completely failed. Cucumber's the real hero (who will presumably break the cycle) because he's able to empathize with others and talk things out instead of immediately jumping to stabbing.

Does this count?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

"BEHOLD! MY FINAL FORM"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Let's take this showdown to a convenient nearby wasteland.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh drat Almond is getting a proper boss fight heck yeah.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
The second panel is really highlighting Almond's flower. Is... is Rosemaster going to brainwash her or something

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sir Carrot is still MIA. Let's hope he shows up soon.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

kurona_bright posted:

The second panel is really highlighting Almond's flower. Is... is Rosemaster going to brainwash her or something

That already happened, I think Peridot's tantrum means she can't do that to anyone anymore.

Besides, if she were to brainwash Almond, what would she do next? Everyone else is already down for the count.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Besides, that seems like a big ripple to introduce this late in the chapter.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

kurona_bright posted:

The second panel is really highlighting Almond's flower.

That's because Rosemaster, who is the light source, is just off-screen to the right.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Well, yeah, that's the in-universe reason. I just think that Gigi chose to compose that panel specifically like that (the flower is the brightest object in that panel, Almond's eyes point towards it, etc) as some sort of foreshadowing. Maybe not memory-wiping since the huge rose bush is gone, but I feel like Rosemaster might have something else in mind other than smash bunnyman.

I could be wrong. :shrug:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New page

So we've gone full Bed of Chaos now. We've gone past 'proper boss fight' to 'teaching a lesson' battle.

Also, is Almond crying in the last panel?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Getting some definite Romancing Saga vibes from this with just how over the top and ornate her design is. It's pretty fantastic.

I wonder how the other disaster masters are going to top this.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

J.A.B.C. posted:

New page

So we've gone full Bed of Chaos now. We've gone past 'proper boss fight' to 'teaching a lesson' battle.

Also, is Almond crying in the last panel?

Rosemaster's embarrassing secret: she dies in six hits.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is that a doorway in her navel? And stairs along her flanks?

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
It looks like she somehow replaced the central statue of the Old Botanica Ruins.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Is that a doorway in her navel? And stairs along her flanks?

When she said "a lovelier venue", she was talking about herself.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Well that ain't good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Interesting creaking sound effect; it sounds like Rosemaster is probably a lot slower now, but relying on crazy fast branches?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That's some seriously impressive boss fight design. 10/10 would die to over and over again.

youcallthatatwist posted:

It looks like she somehow replaced the central statue of the Old Botanica Ruins.

Nice catch.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kirby as f*ck

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh my god, the Crocus is on her chest.

Also, if each disaster master is supposed to be more powerful than the last, then Rosemaster just screwed up the apocalypse's difficulty curve in a big way.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OH so it's the "Giant boss visible from waist up" type of boss battle. Where she does three slow attacks, then leaves an opening to hit her giant glowing weakspot in the chest. Then throws a random pattern attack and back to three slow strong hits.

Cmon Almond, you know how this works.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Just turn around and run back to the area entrance.

She will slowly follow you, reach the end of a cliff, try to jump at your position, fail, and fall in the abyss.

Easy game, easy life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Setting up a one on one smack down on the apparent hero like this makes me think Rosie is trying to goad NK into intervening.