Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gutter Owl posted:

Think about it man. Not only do milkmaid a have the whole milk/breasts association going on, it's an entire occupation based around the tugging of fleshy appendages until they squirt frothy white sustenance. Sometimes there's an accident and you spray it all over the front of your blouse, how disgraceful. And that's not to even speak of the naughty milk maids sneaking a taste by spraying it right into their mouths.

keep going, almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Rutibex posted:

ive got wood for sheep

Tekopo posted:

dude, its even in the op, dont mention the forbidden joke

No but see, he's not actually talking about lumber. It's a clever innuendo. The "wood" here is a metaphor for his penis. Because he gets absolutely turgid at livestock.

He's tried everything. Doctors can't help him. The therapy camps have been nothing but a waste of money. It's a curse. He tries to live a normal life. But suddenly he'll just happen to be in a field at night with his binoculars, and through no fault of his own he'll catch a glimpse of one of those little pasture-sluts, wearing nothing but the wool god wrapped her in. All soft and docile and presenting and hnnnng, this thing is so loving rigid it's like the head is going to pop off and he's going to spray blood and cum all over the heather. Don't you get it man? He's literally going to bleed to death, right here, right now, unless he gets a little wild and wooly action, do you feel him? (If you're the sheep, the answer is yes, you're going to feel him.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fungah! posted:

anime is good

its seriously epic

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

:kakashi:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
anime gave us the trope of gathering energy and then punching/stomp/slamming a weapon into the ground and causing an explosion, and for that i am eternally thankful

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

its seriously epic

i seriously don't know how i'm gonna cope when this season of jojo's ends

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i've already read the whole series but i just want it to keep going forever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fungah! posted:

i seriously don't know how i'm gonna cope when this season of jojo's ends

i actually havent watched any but thats specifically because i'm moving in a month and my future housemates and i made a pact to marathon it when we move in together

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

i actually havent watched any but thats specifically because i'm moving in a month and my future housemates and i made a pact to marathon it when we move in together

oh man you're going to have the time of your life

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i seriously can't think of the last time i've had so much fun with a tv show, it's just so insanely good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

anime gave us the trope of gathering energy and then punching/stomp/slamming a weapon into the ground and causing an explosion, and for that i am eternally thankful

anime didn't invent poo poo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tekopo posted:

dude, its even in the op, dont mention the forbidden joke

bored

games

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rutibex posted:

I don't see any crackling energy here??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Wow some old white dudes holding a thing, very interesting *yawns VERY audibly*

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Rutibex posted:

zeus was also big on harems

and the greeks were big on loving kids too

greece is basically mediterranean japan

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

I don't see any crackling energy here??

unfortunately roman anime is a lost art to us, those are statues and the ancients did not have the technology to make Jupiters bronze thunderbolts crackle

Fellis posted:

zeus was also big on harems

and the greeks were big on loving kids too

greece is basically mediterranean japan

thats fair

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Board games need to translate the "hot blooded" trait of anime heroes into cardboard somehow.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Gutter Owl posted:

No but see, he's not actually talking about lumber. It's a clever innuendo. The "wood" here is a metaphor for his penis. Because he gets absolutely turgid at livestock.

He's tried everything. Doctors can't help him. The therapy camps have been nothing but a waste of money. It's a curse. He tries to live a normal life. But suddenly he'll just happen to be in a field at night with his binoculars, and through no fault of his own he'll catch a glimpse of one of those little pasture-sluts, wearing nothing but the wool god wrapped her in. All soft and docile and presenting and hnnnng, this thing is so loving rigid it's like the head is going to pop off and he's going to spray blood and cum all over the heather. Don't you get it man? He's literally going to bleed to death, right here, right now, unless he gets a little wild and wooly action, do you feel him? (If you're the sheep, the answer is yes, you're going to feel him.)

:frogon:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

sonatinas posted:

Board games need to translate the "hot blooded" trait of anime heroes into cardboard somehow.

i unironically already did

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lichtenstein posted:

This is literally my every agricola night, sans disco balls and block voting.

Goddammit that was literally going to be my response

Fuckin slavic girls.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

anime and card games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NBvsmQ2Ik

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

e: doublepost

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

New Eminent Domain stuff for you guys

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/eminent-domain-battlecruisers-and-exotica

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I just want a copy of Escalation damnit.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

I just want a copy of Escalation damnit.

So just buy it? http://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/eminentdomainescalation

E: also <3 this

I ordered the microcosm card for the emdo promos. Played 5 more times this weekend, game owns, although I think the Double Trouble scenario might be as broken as the scientific discovery scenario

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 5, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

So just buy it? http://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/eminentdomainescalation

E: also <3 this

I ordered the microcosm card for the emdo promos. Played 5 more times this weekend, game owns, although I think the Double Trouble scenario might be as broken as the scientific discovery scenario

The one place that actually has it in stock wants $12 to ship a $16 game. No thanks.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

The one place that actually has it in stock wants $12 to ship a $16 game. No thanks.

sell one of your other games and buy it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That's not a deal at all!

Unless you want a copy of Catan :v:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Lichtenstein posted:

This is literally my every agricola night, sans disco balls and block voting.

Hey baby, I've got an extra room, enough jobs to build this sweet animal pen, and there just happens to be an open family growth space. :heysexy:

Durendal fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 5, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ok so my gencon buy list is looking like codenames, the glooper expansion and the t&e reprint. anyone got anything super mindblowing that's debuting at gencon to add to that or should i just start filling in holes in my collection

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

keep in mind by holes in my collection i mean caylus and dominion adventures so it needs to be something at least as sexy as those

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

scifi is even worse about the creepy poo poo if you read too much of it

All sci fi is creepy and bad, except star trek.

Is there a good star trek board game? I already have the vcr game. Do not suggest attack wing

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ConorT posted:

Is there a good star trek board game? I already have the vcr game. Do not suggest attack wing
I hope by 'the VCR game' you mean 'Space Alert.'

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ConorT posted:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fungah! posted:

ok so my gencon buy list is looking like codenames, the glooper expansion and the t&e reprint. anyone got anything super mindblowing that's debuting at gencon to add to that or should i just start filling in holes in my collection

My list so far

Rattle Battle Grab the Loot - Portal
Game of Thrones lcg 2nd edition - FFG
Pocket Imperium - Ludicreations
Patchwork - Mayfair

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The feedback for the original box was that it didn't make it clear enough this was a game about white people

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

:captainpop:

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The feedback for the original box was that it didn't make it clear enough this was a game about white people

nice dirt 'stache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Hey what's your guys opinions on games that don't distinctly have mechanisms that limit cheating ala component limits, open information, etc.

Obviously you shouldn't play with cheaters but if there's the possibility that no one would ever know that you had an illegal hidden hand or something, is that bad game design or a limit of the medium

• Locked thread