Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

kinmik posted:

I just spent ten minutes of my time browsing GIS for fantasy swords. Ultimately ten minutes well spent, but it yielded nothing. I know what Zaphod is talking about with the end of the sword and I feel like I've seen it impaling somebody. This is going to weigh heavily on my mind.

The bottom two-thirds of this looks decent, but once you get to the head...

left paw's really hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

What is this supposed to be? 'Cause it looks like a wolf getting swole as gently caress by doing pushups with a tire on its back while being attacked by alien sperm.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

So, just as Pigsfeet said...

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Okami gettin hit in the head with a green frisbee?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

I want to see someone with this tattoo now.

Quiet Coyote
Oct 9, 2012

kinmik posted:

I just spent ten minutes of my time browsing GIS for fantasy swords. Ultimately ten minutes well spent, but it yielded nothing. I know what Zaphod is talking about with the end of the sword and I feel like I've seen it impaling somebody. This is going to weigh heavily on my mind.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Rebellion, Dante's sword from Devil May Cry.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Positive it's exactly that, but I just remembered what it initially reminded me of.

From Tsubasa.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I feel sorry for that dog, who is a tattoo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Quiet Coyote posted:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Rebellion, Dante's sword from Devil May Cry.

Yeah, after thinking about it I was thinking Devil May Cry too. I googled 'force edge' and 'alastor' because those were the ones I remembered, but those are both straight edged. But yeah, its probably rebellion.

Its hard to tell because the hilt of the tatoo is a mess and looks nothing like the ribcage that Rebellion has. Maybe its another sword even, but probably that's it.

Which just makes the devil may cry sword stacked on top of umbrella logo all the dumber and cheesier. Although with a slenderman "find the words" puzzle we knew this guy wasn't a genius.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What is this supposed to be? 'Cause it looks like a wolf getting swole as gently caress by doing pushups with a tire on its back while being attacked by alien sperm.

Not far off.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I feel sorry for that dog, who is a tattoo

Thought it was a weird batman with a button mouth. Dog makes more sense, but holy balls is that bad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

Hey, I haven't see this one for a while.

GRANDPA NOOOOOOOO!

Every time I see this one I get extra creeped out because everyone on my mom's side of the family has the same face. It's not actually any of them, though.

Sgt. Peach
Apr 26, 2014
some of the local talent:

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Where's the "Die Cis Scum" tat?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Oh my god, is that the Maoist dude? He's like the goose that laid the golden egg of internet awful.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Sgt. Peach posted:

Lmao@ tiny thigh in the last one

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It's supposed to be:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

coronatae posted:

It's supposed to be:

Isn't this from a book of scary stories or something?

E: VVVV yes, I knew it. And one of the stories was about a gigantic head or foot or something growing out of the ground. We read these in second grade and I remember thinking that the images seemed a tad intense for the target age group.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Jun 5, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
A book of scary stories targeted for little kids, yes :unsmigghh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

This I like.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

"Seriously, dude? This is the best you could do? C'mon..."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

And the piece de resistance...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1redflag posted:

Isn't this from a book of scary stories or something?

E: VVVV yes, I knew it. And one of the stories was about a gigantic head or foot or something growing out of the ground. We read these in second grade and I remember thinking that the images seemed a tad intense for the target age group.

Everybody did, they were ridiculously popular. Those images have scarred their way into our society's collective unconscious.

I remember a story about a woman with a scarf around her neck and when she took it off her head fell off.

It seemed so loving scary in elementary school but in retrospect it just seems hilarious. They all did a really good job of slowly building up tension, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pringles and Ronald are awesome.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Everybody did, they were ridiculously popular. Those images have scarred their way into our society's collective unconscious.

I remember a story about a woman with a scarf around her neck and when she took it off her head fell off.

It seemed so loving scary in elementary school but in retrospect it just seems hilarious. They all did a really good job of slowly building up tension, though.

I remember that one! The one that terrified me was the mother that had two children who always misbehaved, and she threatened to leave if they kept it up. Sure enough she left, and what replaced her? Some like, zombie-wolf in her clothes and rocking chair with a terrifying picture of it. I think it ate the kids, too.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
The artist is Stephen Gammell, who's amazing and actually does non-horror stuff too.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sgt. Peach posted:

This one bugs me because that's not even where your heart is. Come on.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It's also not where the brain is! Argh!

He should have split the difference and had it tattooed on his throat.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

"Tattoo this picture exactly, except put a 5 o'clock shadow on his tongue please."

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Abackofbears.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Obligatory link to front page Fashion SWAT review of the awesome bear tattoo: http://www.somethingawful.com/fashion-swat/tattoo-swat-revenge/13/

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark owns and the original illustrations own. But I would not have recognized that tattoo if the owner hadn't explained it.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Baldbeard posted:

"Tattoo this picture exactly, except put a 5 o'clock shadow on his tongue please."

The two things that bug me most about this:

1) Bateman goes on for a good 5 mins about his morning shaving routine, he does not at any point in the book or film deviate from this routine, he is meticulously clean shaven so why the stubble?!

2) Disney font. Really?

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The stories weren't particularly scary, even when I was a kid, but my GOD, those pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
It is supposed to be blood splatter on his face, not stubble.

• Locked thread