Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Indecisive posted:

i'm no bloodologist but wasn't he red, which was lowblood and they had short lifespans and the highbloods lived forever

Karkat has bright red, human coloured blood, he's not on the haemospectrum at all, he's some kind of weird mutant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Indecisive posted:

i'm no bloodologist but wasn't he red, which was lowblood and they had short lifespans and the highbloods lived forever

His Red Blood was a mutation, that only he and his ancestor have had. So nobody knows how it relates to lifespan at all.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

His Red Blood was a mutation, that only he and his ancestor have had. So nobody knows how it relates to lifespan at all.

iirc his hex color is like green but one of the numbers is off, which gives him roughly ninety years.

My source for this is either this thread or somewhere else forever ago so I don't know if it's correct

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And that's the story about how Karkat had to got Tiger while unconscious. The tiger was simply too fast for the waking world.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Since his blood doesn't have a place on the hemospectrum it would be equally accurate to say he is below Aradia or above Feferi, both unheard of.

Grapplejack posted:

iirc his hex color is like green but one of the numbers is off, which gives him roughly ninety years.

My source for this is either this thread or somewhere else forever ago so I don't know if it's correct

That could also be the case.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I feel like Karkat's old "Leadership is in my blood" was a literal summation of his power; i.e Blood is literally leadership or camaraderie.

That said, I think Kanaya is off to God Tier, and knows drat well that the easiest way for her to protect Karkat is to keep him out of a fight. He is, like he said (more or less), a squishy little (lovable) rear end in a top hat. He can't be on the front lines if she is tasked with keeping him safe.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Indecisive posted:

He's candy red, which doesn't fall on the spectrum and is a weird mutation. We have no precedent for how long candybloods live; it could be "less than rust bloods" or it could be equivalent to limebloods, the missing space on the hierarchy.

EDIT: Blah.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

He's candy red, which doesn't fall on the spectrum and is a weird mutation. We have no precedent for how long candybloods live; it could be "less than rust bloods" or it could be equivalent to limebloods, the missing space on the hierarchy.

EDIT: Blah.

The limebloods aren't missing, we know exactly where they are.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Classtoise posted:

That said, I think Kanaya is off to God Tier, and knows drat well that the easiest way for her to protect Karkat is to keep him out of a fight. He is, like he said (more or less), a squishy little (lovable) rear end in a top hat. He can't be on the front lines if she is tasked with keeping him safe.

I agree to the second part, but where do you get god tier from.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All I wanted was to see Karkat get to try his little heart out and sickle someone in the face and have a brief one micro-second moment of triumph. But it's never going to happen. :smith:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

The Konami code.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

All I wanted was to see Karkat get to try his little heart out and sickle someone in the face and have a brief one micro-second moment of triumph. But it's never going to happen. :smith:

It's better to keep it real and not be the sickle guy, if thats not who you are.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I wonder how angry Karkat is going to be when he realizes he's dreaming. Maybe he'll chill out once he realizes Kanaya did it. Come to think of it, I wonder what he's going to dream about.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can Kanaya and Karkat acquire tiger at the moment? Do they have the means, maybe in Prospit's crypt or elsewhere?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Dolash posted:

Can Kanaya and Karkat acquire tiger at the moment? Do they have the means, maybe in Prospit's crypt or elsewhere?

If Quest Beds are functional across sessions, then both Kanaya and newly-revived Calliope can Got Tiger in the Land of Frost and Frogs, but Karkat is the only living Blood player we've met. There are four Prospits (from the sessions of the Beta Kids, Beta Trolls, Alpha Kids, and briefly Cherubs) and we have seen all but Calliope's Prospit be destroyed in some manner or other.

Looks like Karkat will remain grounded (yet again (forevermore)).

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What about Terezi. She deserves Tiger too.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
He's not dead, but Kanaya turned her back on the body, this will not end well.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Abjad Soup posted:

If Quest Beds are functional across sessions, then both Kanaya and newly-revived Calliope can Got Tiger in the Land of Frost and Frogs, but Karkat is the only living Blood player we've met. There are four Prospits (from the sessions of the Beta Kids, Beta Trolls, Alpha Kids, and briefly Cherubs) and we have seen all but Calliope's Prospit be destroyed in some manner or other.

Looks like Karkat will remain grounded (yet again (forevermore)).

Not quite. The quest bed located on each player's planet causes that player's dream self to become healed of all injury and become god tier. If the player has no dream self (nobody does anymore) it doesn't work. The only way for Kanaya, Karkat, Terezi, and Calliope to go god tier is with a Quest Crypt for their aspect. As far as I know, the only currently intact quest crypt is the Time one in Caliborn's session. So, you know, at least there's hope for Davesprite.

The only logical ways I've heard of for the others to go god tier is for Roxy to summon their Quest Crypts out of thin Void, or for Mituna's sacrifice to pay off in the form of the A1 Prospit moon sailing into this session, as it just so happens that all of the living trolls are prospit dreamers.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

She went back into the lair. Seems superfluous to go back to talk to her Denizen if she's just gonna leave Karkat there.

Dolash posted:

Not that we KNOW of (presumably it's not in tact since Derse and Prospits moon aren't), but Denizens are hazy on what they can do. I wouldn't put "conjure up a new slab" as outside their skillset.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > MSPaint Adventures - WE ALL RIDE KARKAT'S CROTCH BANDEAU FOR A LIVELY CHUCKLE

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Ariong posted:

Not quite. The quest bed located on each player's planet causes that player's dream self to become healed of all injury and become god tier. If the player has no dream self (nobody does anymore) it doesn't work. The only way for Kanaya, Karkat, Terezi, and Calliope to go god tier is with a Quest Crypt for their aspect. As far as I know, the only currently intact quest crypt is the Time one in Caliborn's session. So, you know, at least there's hope for Davesprite.

The only logical ways I've heard of for the others to go god tier is for Roxy to summon their Quest Crypts out of thin Void, or for Mituna's sacrifice to pay off in the form of the A1 Prospit moon sailing into this session, as it just so happens that all of the living trolls are prospit dreamers.

Fair, Kanaya's dream self got incinerated by Jack, but Calliope is now a revived dream self! ...who super can't die while the ring is on her finger, as we saw with Aranea leading up to Game Over, and taking it off to die on Jade's Quest Bed would mean that she would no longer have a living dream self. That's some catch.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Karkat and Kanaya genuinely have my favorite dynamic between them in all of Homestuck. They just get each other. What good friends.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ariong posted:

or for Mituna's sacrifice to pay off in the form of the A1 Prospit moon sailing into this session, as it just so happens that all of the living trolls are prospit dreamers.

This sounds like the Hussie-est possibility, so I'm going to go with that.

Also, was the Prospit from this session totally destroyed? I thought there was still a rind of it left. How are the carapacians holding up as a whole, I wonder? Considering this is probably the last session we'll see, the current population is all there'll be of Prospitians and Dersites. I guess there's Roxy's friends and the Battlefield survivors Jade brought with her too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

nerdbot posted:

Karkat and Kanaya genuinely have my favorite dynamic between them in all of Homestuck. They just get each other. What good friends.

They have the Human Disease known as Friendship.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

They have the Human Emotion known as Friendship.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dolash posted:

Also, was the Prospit from this session totally destroyed? I thought there was still a rind of it left. How are the carapacians holding up as a whole, I wonder? Considering this is probably the last session we'll see, the current population is all there'll be of Prospitians and Dersites. I guess there's Roxy's friends and the Battlefield survivors Jade brought with her too.

Yeah Prospit is definitely still around partially. I think the moon is gone and there's a crater in it but it's hangin' in there. I'm confident we'll see it again because I recall there being a loose plot thread with this session's White Queen but I could be wrong

EDIT: I'm wrong, the moon is perfectly fine it seems but half the planet itself is gone. Still not entirely out though. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT5ACT1x2COMBO.php?s=6&p=007722

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Abjad Soup posted:

Fair, Kanaya's dream self got incinerated by Jack, but Calliope is now a revived dream self! ...who super can't die while the ring is on her finger, as we saw with Aranea leading up to Game Over, and taking it off to die on Jade's Quest Bed would mean that she would no longer have a living dream self. That's some catch.

I think that Calliope's new body is a real self. It probably recreates the body you last inhabited, which brings up some troubling questions re: Calliope going to sleep or captchalouging anything. Otherwise, it would be wearing prospitian princess PJs.

Dolash posted:

nerdbot posted:

EDIT: I'm wrong, the moon is perfectly fine it seems but half the planet itself is gone. Still not entirely out though. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT5ACT1x2COMBO.php?s=6&p=007722

The B2 session's Prospit and Derse moons were obliterated by The Condesce and Union Jack respectively.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Davinci posted:

I was really hoping that Kanaya was going to captchalogue Karkat at the end of that, but I suppose this is just as well.

Wonder where he's going to end up in the bubbles.
Just had a crazy thought - what if he ends up next to Spades Slick?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ariong posted:

I think that Calliope's new body is a real self. It probably recreates the body you last inhabited, which brings up some troubling questions re: Calliope going to sleep or captchalouging anything. Otherwise, it would be wearing prospitian princess PJs.

The B2 session's Prospit and Derse moons were obliterated by The Condesce and Union Jack respectively.

Oh right. Fuckin duh, that's the whole reason the new kids went god tier.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Attempting this in the other timeline just got him killed by Gamzee :(

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
I always figured the Blood aspect was about martyrdom and self-sacrifice. Fits in with the whole Sufferer thing too. We'll find out soonish, I guess.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I think that's doom.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Classtoise posted:

She went back into the lair. Seems superfluous to go back to talk to her Denizen if she's just gonna leave Karkat there.

It doesn't look like that to me? As they are walking out, Karkat is always on the left and Kanaya on the right. She slows down and gets behind him and bops him, and he falls forwards- his head is pointing away from the lair. In the last page, Kanaya is continuing in that direction, ie. away from the lair.

She knocked him out in order to keep him from joining the fight, and thus protects him. They were just talking about this, and it follows much better than godtier out of nowhere. Of course she's leaving him unguarded just outside a monster's lair surrounded by lava but ennnh.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ariong posted:

I think that's doom.

What would that make doom?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tunicate posted:

What would that make doom?

Martyrdom and self sacrifice. Who's on first?

If you meant blood, I'm pretty sure it's friendship and leadership and relationships. A very ship-centric aspect. It seems pretty clear considering that Karkat is talking about fighting with his friends and being a leader in the very same conversation as his aspect.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
He's a mutant. When put on the hemospectrum, Karkat is placed where lime green bloods would have been (if they weren't all dead)
E;fb like a billion ducking times

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It's not TERRIBLY important, but given the fact that troll blood still has hemoglobin according to Hussie I always figured that Karkat was more "blood albino" than he was "previously unknown, 13th blood-caste." So he would still have most of the characteristics of his "base" blood color, despite it not being clearly identifiable.

As a second part of that I agreed that the base was lime green because of both it being the missing color and also having a very human lifespan while karkat is the humaniest troll ever.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ariong posted:

Martyrdom and self sacrifice. Who's on first?

That always felt like a pretty limited purview for an Aspect, but It's hard to define it any better than that, because all its weilders are secondary characters ( :v: ) and that is the only Commonwealth trend that makes sense.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

It's not TERRIBLY important, but given the fact that troll blood still has hemoglobin according to Hussie I always figured that Karkat was more "blood albino" than he was "previously unknown, 13th blood-caste." So he would still have most of the characteristics of his "base" blood color, despite it not being clearly identifiable.

As a second part of that I agreed that the base was lime green because of both it being the missing color and also having a very human lifespan while karkat is the humaniest troll ever.

I vaguely remember Calliope saying limebloods were special somehow, but I think that may have been fanfic she wrote for her ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL Callie Ohpeee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I have this weird theory that Callie will actually be the first Limeblood Troll.