Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

D all the way. Nothing tastes better than some Duke Sandoval chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
C, because the FWL needs something good for once.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
C

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
They all sound great...

B, please.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Voting B sine we already gave Kalma-Youngblood the pass on their first mission and these sort of low-tech, low-quality pilot affairs tend to be some of the most entertaining matches.

Also, it's not quite Pirates-tier, but financially limited mercenaries seem like a good opportunity to see some pre-owned frankenmechs in action.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I like B, though all the choices this time around sound interesting.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
All of the choices are good, but I'd like to see what Carlos Marik is up to.

CISscum
Nov 15, 2014
D, because glorious clusterfuck.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
C. Because the FWL is constantly getting screwed over in both timelines, but at least in this one, we can attempt to do something about it.

Sair
May 11, 2007

A

Also, "noteputer" is a great Space 80s word.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

A

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
D is just a magical act of short-sighted incompetence.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Given my stance towards the wastrels of the Inner Sphere, I'm going to have to go with D, whilst looking with sympathy at A and C.Never played the Crescent Hawk games, not attached to the Mariks or Lost Lyrans, but D has the benefit of causing problems for the DS and thus making their counteroffensive harder. Plus, I want to be able to wholeheartedly cheer on Goonlance rather than secretly hope for a heroic failure.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
D, because it's absolutely crazy but also leads to Maximum Davion.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

B for (young)BLOOOOD

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Put in one vote for each option. Or 0.25 votes for each option they all sound amazing!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

A desperate last stand against the Clans sounds fun.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
C

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.
B is for boat and that's good enough for me.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hey, that "reading stuff on paper instead of digitally" thing reminded me of one of the one Battletech novel I happened to read. Of course, in there that wasn't because of any particular reason but because the guy (a clanner, because of course it is) thought it made him appear strange and unpredictable so it'd give him another edge over the competition. Ah, Battletech :allears:

As for the vote, let's go with C. Guerilla war best war.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
B stands for Bold. And my vote.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I gotta have me some B.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
It was a really hard choice, but I'm going with C. It sounds like the most metal option. :black101:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
A please.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
B

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We've been passing up on the mercs and Carlos Marik for a while now, but I'm going to go with C since the stakes are high and odds are the dude's gonna bite it if he doesn't get the pick. Also decent odds that he'll bite it even if he does, but at least it'll be fun to watch.

A is also really interesting and could go a few ways, since it looks like the only people they can turn to is Skye. I've got no idea what's going on over in the Outworlds, though it'll be funny if it turns into a crazy hullabaloo.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Throwing in a vote for B because anything that moves us a step closer to recreating the plot of Star Lord is fine by me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait is the current Draconis March ruler James Sandoval? It's been a while.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
B

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You know I'm voting A. The disparate elements of shattered commands joining for one last-ditch assault on the Widowmakers? Count me in.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
A quick count and the votes are pretty close!

A) 11
B) 15
C) 17
D) 10

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Gonna toss a vote toward C. Anything that helps push the FWL toward success helps push us away from canon, and is that not the noblest of goals?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

C

Let's go, FWL!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Come on D, we're straggling, but you know you want to see the biggest fuckup in this thread's history come to pass. Just imagine it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
B! I want to see if Dechan Fraser gets to drive something better than a Shadow Hawk.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Let's be mercs.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

A. The Widowmakers deserve all the setbacks they can get.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Personally I want the FWL to burn, and I think it's been a while since we had a scenario that involves the Lyran side of things, so I figured A would be the best choice.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Gotta B ready for them young hungry merc companies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

Both B and C are very intriguing... but I'll have to give my vote to C after flipping a coin

• Locked thread