Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Boning your stand is jacking off, 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

I have opinions about this question but to go deeper would spoil some stuff that happens with stands later on in the series.

lol

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

If two stands hosed, would it be like you were having sex with the other stand user

it's like that thing in demolition man

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rero rero

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrgdyYRdiwQ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad. I'm glad about JoJo's bronies.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

quakster posted:

I'm glad. I'm glad about JoJo's bronies.

German Medical Science: SEKAI ICHIIIIIII

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joseph is also Jojo, so that title could refer to him too.

Both Joseph and Jotaro are friends with those guys. It should be "Jojos' friends."

Pomp posted:

I have opinions about this question but to go deeper would spoil some stuff that happens with stands later on in the series.

Can you talk about it in the manga thread?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Both Joseph and Jotaro are friends with those guys. It should be "Jojos' friends."

Can you talk about it in the manga thread?

I also would like to know Pomp's thoughts on Stand-loving.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Friday can't come soon enough

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh man, I can't wait for this whole battle to finally kick off!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Will we learn the secret of Dio's Stand!? :supaburn:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Possibly.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

It's 720 no scoping.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

tiistai posted:

Friday can't come soon enough

I say that every Friday.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Will we learn the secret of Dio's Stand!? :supaburn:

I stand by World Manipulation.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've been putting in a lot of thought about it since he used it on Hol Horse and I'm pretty sure it's time manipulation of some sort. I thought it was the ability to rewind time for a certain person/object but that doesn't allow for what he did to nukesaka.

At this point I think he's capable of freezing time within a small radius and then moving things in that radius freely. So in the instance of polnaraff, he paused time, picked him up, moved him back down the steps, and then went to the top of the steps before unfreezing time.

The big tip off, I think, is DIO dealing with the senator. He was trying to catch Joseph, so he didn't have time to waste. I don't think he would have spent time harassing the senator if it would have let Joseph get away. If he can manipulate time,that's not an issue though. However, it could just be a case of anime-time not being consistent as it rarely is.

I'm sure there's some unimaginable spin on it all since it's Jojo, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nevermind

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpartanIV posted:

I've been putting in a lot of thought about it since he used it on Hol Horse and I'm pretty sure it's time manipulation of some sort. I thought it was the ability to rewind time for a certain person/object but that doesn't allow for what he did to nukesaka.

At this point I think he's capable of freezing time within a small radius and then moving things in that radius freely. So in the instance of polnaraff, he paused time, picked him up, moved him back down the steps, and then went to the top of the steps before unfreezing time.

The big tip off, I think, is DIO dealing with the senator. He was trying to catch Joseph, so he didn't have time to waste. I don't think he would have spent time harassing the senator if it would have let Joseph get away. If he can manipulate time,that's not an issue though. However, it could just be a case of anime-time not being consistent as it rarely is.

I'm sure there's some unimaginable spin on it all since it's Jojo, though.

The critical flaw in your analysis is that Dio always has the time to be a douchebag

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpartanIV posted:

This is too silly, even for Jojo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

I am prepared for DIO's World, Part 2

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think I'm in the time manipulation camp. The way it's shown makes it look more like he's pausing time and moving things around rather than just something simple like teleporting them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He doesn't have a stand at all. The World is a ghost who thinks he's super cool so hangs out with him.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know what The World is and does, and I  am  beyond  hyped

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Aurain posted:

He doesn't have a stand at all. The World is a ghost who thinks he's super cool so hangs out with him.

everyone stop guessing, this poster figured out that the ultimate stand power is friendship

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I should post my speculation of Dio's power before the show is up.

I think it's some kind of Swap power. Not just swapping position, but also swapping the result/ intention of the target. Like climbing up a stair become climbing down, escaping a car become staying in, getting ambushed by Hol horse become Dio ambushing him, etc.

It also matches with the character design of swapped body with Johnathan. The stand's diver design might be reference of him in underwater for century.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 5, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's Friday...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Go make yourself something to eat and watch this episode as soon as it goes up on the half past the hour mark. It's the best one yet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FRIDAY

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
DIO is loving good at golf

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
The World's power is to make DIO so sexy that everyone wants to submissively obey him on a subconscious level

also it is a friday time  to  get  hype

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Kuvo posted:

The World's power is to make DIO so sexy that everyone wants to submissively obey him on a subconscious level

I find it blasphemous that you would suggest he has to resort to a stand power to do that. That's all DIO, baby.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
The World makes every mention of DIO appear in a fixed-width font.

DIO is one badass mudafucker.

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 5, 2015

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Jojo is really really good you guys god drat

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Whoa they added in a callback to Erina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Z

• Locked thread