Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

SirDan3k posted:

Nobody but comic nerds like that Ollie, so no.

Counterpoint, everyone who knows that Ollie likes him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A lot of people grew up with JLA Unlimited and primarily know him from that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SirDan3k posted:

Nobody but comic nerds like that Ollie, so no.

Arrow Ollie had touches of that at the beginning, straight up murdering slum lords and pay day loan store owners.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Arrow Ollie had touches of that at the beginning, straight up murdering slum lords and pay day loan store owners.

Except he didn't. He murdered their bodyguards and then let them live as long as they changed their ways/he was able to Robin Hood the money back to the needy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Except he didn't. He murdered their bodyguards and then let them live as long as they changed their ways/he was able to Robin Hood the money back to the needy.

I thought he killed at least one slum lord, but I could be mis-remembering, I haven't watched any of season 1 since they first aired.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The only one I remember that he may have killed was the German arms dealer. Deadshot offed one of the people on the list.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Universal is developing a TV adaptation of The Wicked & The Divine, being produced by Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick under their development deal with the studio.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/the-wicked-the-divine-comic-tv-series-universal-tv-1201434613/

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

According to Latino Review, Marvel is speaking to Jason Statham to play Bullseye in Daredevil Season 2. They also say that Elektra, Mr. Fear and Mysterio will all make an appearance.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-daredevil-may-have-found-its-bullseye

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Mysterio? Finally. He should have been the villain of the third Raimi Spider-Man, played by Bruce Campbell.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Putting a villain famous for visual illusions into the Daredevil show seems a bit counterintuitive, no?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

Putting a villain famous for visual illusions into the Daredevil show seems a bit counterintuitive, no?

Looks like we will get him blowing his brains out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

For fighting Daredevil it's a bad idea, for amazing viewers and blowing your effects budget, it's a great idea.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There isn't a greek woman alive who could play Elektra... just saying.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rocksicles posted:

Good thing we have the hand

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rocksicles posted:

What about the girl from Alias?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Whizbang posted:

What about the girl from Alias?

Jessica Jones is in her own show already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

He can do everything, audio, smell, phantasmagoria. He had a really good arc where he was messing with Daredevil.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Latino Review is so chronically full of poo poo I can't believe anything they put out

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They do have really good reviews on Latinos though. Their review of Luis Guzman was on point.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

Not Greek, but I am a big fan of Sofia Boutella as an option.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oooooooooo, maybe i could get behind that. She was awesome in Kingsman.

But... Greek or GTFO

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 5, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What does a Greek person look like? I can only really imagine Greek men, and there all humongous in stature, deep voice and own restaurants, they are always wearing an apron. Are Greek women the same? Maybe Nikki Blonsky?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Greeks don't have a "look" really. It's the principle of the thing...

Sofia Boutella is pretty much greek looking i spose.. she's good at dancing. That's a huge plus... Attitude switched.

Sofia Boutella or GTFO

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

redbackground posted:

Not Greek, but I am a big fan of Sofia Boutella as an option.

She's got my vote. Probably my favorite person from Kingsmen, even next to Samuel L Jackson with a lisp.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Error 404 posted:

She's got my vote. Probably my favorite person from Kingsmen, even next to Samuel L Jackson with a lisp.

The whole cast was great but I really loved Gazelle's attitude to just about everything.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

What does a Greek person look like?

Wonder Woman.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

Well yeah, she's dead. Sometimes.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Madkal posted:

Wonder Woman.

So it's just any woman not wearing pants?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Whizbang posted:

So it's just any woman not wearing pants?

Beware of greeks bearing gifts...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Wonder Woman.

She's Israeli though?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

She's Israeli though?

But for real though, Wonder Woman is loosely based on Greek Mythology.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Eh, Mediterranean, good enough. Better than Tilda Swinton being in talks for The Old One in Dr Strange.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's good though. Replacing a mystical Asian stereotype with something interesting.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

That's good though. Replacing a mystical Asian stereotype with something interesting.

Kinda. I mean they had a chance to get rid of an Asian stereotype and replace it with an interesting Asian character. Instead of going "I literally can't write a sentence of dialog for an Asian that isn't probably racist, so the character is white now." It is kind of lazy. But Tilda Swinton is awesome, so at least there is that.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

ToastyPotato posted:

But for real though, Wonder Woman is loosely based on Greek Mythology.

No, Wonder Woman is loosely based on bondage fetishism. The Greek stuff came later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Kinda. I mean they had a chance to get rid of an Asian stereotype and replace it with an interesting Asian character. Instead of going "I literally can't write a sentence of dialog for an Asian that isn't probably racist, so the character is white now." It is kind of lazy. But Tilda Swinton is awesome, so at least there is that.

They should put Swinton in the old man make-up they used for Lo-Pan and still write the part as a terrible Asian stereotype.

Edit: Also, it's the Ancient One, not the Old One.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Ra's al Ghul in Nolanverse Batman was enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, Constantine is dead and buried

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In other news, water still wet and the sun is hot. I knew this was coming when NBC didn't pick it back up, and was pretty drat sure NBC wasn't going to renew them a month into the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
But but but you guys Stephen Amell wanted to save it so there was hope or something~

:silent: