Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

corn in the fridge posted:

loving all the Milner love in this thread

Don't worry all the wacky Jimmy!!! posts will stop soon enough when he actually signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Tom Cleverly is absolute trash and so is James "jimmy" "jim" "little jimmy" milner.

Liverpool fans are desperate and pathetic and will be clogging up the league with Danny Ings upfront and Jimmy toiling around behind him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The Premier League would be a lot better without all the British players hogging up the playing time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gervinho aka "Big Gerv" appears to be leaving Roma for a club in Abu Dhabi to make €9m/year, with a €15m transfer fee.

They really really want Gervinho, it would seem.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

trem_two posted:

Gervinho aka "Big Gerv" appears to be leaving Roma for a club in Abu Dhabi to make €9m/year, with a €15m transfer fee.

Roma should want this as well tbh

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

trem_two posted:

One of the worst arsenal players of the last 20 years. Absolute piss

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
http://soccer-rumours.com/

Have fun

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Oh my goodness

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol literally the first one I got

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

trem_two posted:

Good for Gervinho imo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
The first one I got was this

You can tell its fake because

a) that fee is way too low
b) no manager would ever deny looking at swooping for such a world class player
c) why would gylfi ever want to leave swansea

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Gylfi is definitely returning to Reading anyway to come and rescue us

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I'm quite impressed, seems just as credible as anything in the papers.

Here's the first one that came up for me:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Second one. First one was lame. I'm gonna post this before things get out of hand

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ki Sung Yeung unhappy at Swansea I'm triggering something fierce.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

We've apparently agreed terms with Bogdan and Kovacic, and Sam Hyypia is in talks to become our new first team coach.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

EvilHawk posted:

We've apparently agreed terms with Bogdan and Kovacic, and Sam Hyypia is in talks to become our new first team coach.

no you've not

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

I wonder what Mike Marsh did to merit being the one coaching/managerial casualty from this past season.

How were Leverkeusen and Brighton under Hyypia during the high points? If the administration are looking for more experienced coaching, Hyypia would not have been my first idea. Maybe the defending will improve, but that's a lot to hope for.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Brony Car posted:

I wonder what Mike Marsh did to merit being the one coaching/managerial casualty from this past season.

How were Leverkeusen and Brighton under Hyypia during the high points? If the administration are looking for more experienced coaching, Hyypia would not have been my first idea. Maybe the defending will improve, but that's a lot to hope for.

From what I've heard about Brighton this season they were real bad. No idea if that was down to him or other reasons though. It sounds like FSG are keen to get a "legend" in the backroom, the only real options are him and Carragher and I don't think Carra would want to do it.

Kovacic is probably bullshit but I can see Bogdan coming as a backup.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ninpo posted:

Liverpool will struggle to compete financially so long as they remain in that skip of a stadium. Spurs will have a new one before they do which will make pushing past them for players that much harder.

While we definitely lag behind other clubs in this regard, the new stand will help a lot. It will be an extra £20m per season from the corporate facilities, apparently.

However, matchday revenue will become a smaller percentage of income when the new TV deal comes in, especially when you add in the rise in bullshit sponsorship deals the big clubs are doing now.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Second one. First one was lame. I'm gonna post this before things get out of hand

Lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Barca have bought Aleix Vidal from Sevilla for €10m. He can't actually play for them until their transfer ban ends in January.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Think Kike might go for a big money move away from Boro, bit greedy but hardly surprising

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
We're going to sign Kovacic and he'll be Serbian Superfriends with Markovic

Hegay posted:

Think Kike might go for a big money move away from Boro, bit greedy but hardly surprising

Yeah I'm seeing this all over the media

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Insanely Sikh posted:

Um...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Croatia is Serbia

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Schteve wants to sign Micah Richards for Newcastle apparently, can't wait to sign an injury prone defender who has barely played in the last 3 years

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Whoosh

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Bovril Delight posted:

Schteve wants to sign Micah Richards for Newcastle apparently, can't wait to sign an injury prone defender who has barely played in the last 3 years

You do need to replace Taylor tbf

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Insanely Sikh posted:

um mods?!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Strawman posted:

You do need to replace Taylor tbf

They would probably want someone who would actually be fit enough to play I would imagine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ewar Woowar posted:

They would probably want someone who would actually be fit enough to play I would imagine.

:thejoke:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the best part is that can apply to either taylor since they've both been ravaged by injuries in recent years

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'll never recover.

Is McClaren actually confirmed yet? Also apart from Richards I haven't seen Newcastle linked with many players. Hopefully you guys have some lined up because that squad needs an overhaul.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'll never recover.

Is McClaren actually confirmed yet? Also apart from Richards I haven't seen Newcastle linked with many players. Hopefully you guys have some lined up because that squad needs an overhaul.

Not yet, this week supposedly. Also linked with Van Ginkel, no chance on that I'd reckon

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I was listening to Talksport the other day and they kept going on about Charlie Austin going to Newcastle.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Talk is cheap and so is Ashley. i'll believe his little last day rallying speech when something actually comes of it. Oh wait, we turned town talks with de Boer and Laudrup to favor McClaren. So I can definitely see positive change starting already.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Didn't see this, Pako coming home?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'll never recover.

He's on holiday until tomorrow so should be confirmed on wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah I saw that although the source is a terrible one. Also would be surprising if he'd be happy being an assistant again.

• Locked thread