Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

That dog is happier than I'll ever be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

That dog is happier than I'll ever be.

No man deserves to be that happy. That level of sheer joy belongs to dogs and dogs alone, no other creature could ever possibly truly deserve it, either

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

This is peak dogge.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

That saliva drip though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Burn the planet.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm waiting for the Japanese anime version where they're all high school girls that transform into war rigs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, I just drove my first $70+ uber fare. 2.5x Surge pricing. How.. Fun.

This is sort of fun. The second I think of it or treat it as a job it's gonna kill it for me.

The future keeps getting weirder.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Welp, I just drove my first $70+ uber fare. 2.5x Surge pricing. How.. Fun.

This is sort of fun. The second I think of it or treat it as a job it's gonna kill it for me.

The future keeps getting weirder.

If I had to think of any employer more likely to gently caress over an American citizen than the US military, it would be Uber, so I guess it makes sense that that's where you went. Congratulations on your terrible new job.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

at the date posted:

If I had to think of any employer more likely to gently caress over an American citizen than the US military, it would be Uber, so I guess it makes sense that that's where you went. Congratulations on your terrible new job.

*shrug*

There's no public transport infrastructure here, and the money is ok. Plus: who else is actually gonna pay me, not supervise me, and never make me take a piss test or tell me when to work but still be legal?

Not lots of places.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Having a moral stance against Uber is very funny.

Shim, you keep doing that gig. Uber/Lyft save me a lot of cash.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Anything over 3.5MB of .gif.

:v:

Not gonna lie, this made me laugh.

E: I've been thinking about signing up to drive for Uber to get some extra income.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
My car is pretty clean

minus the hockey sticks and gym equipment in the back seat

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Q: What's the best kind of donut?

A: The free donut that I'm eating right now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fresh cider donuts

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Fresh cider donuts
Fuckin' a yes

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm waiting for the Japanese anime version where they're all high school girls that transform into war rigs.

From the weird/awesome fanart thread

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: http://terminallance.com/2015/06/05/terminal-lance-offended-ii/ turns out Max has a trans sister-turned-brother

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 5, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

From the weird/awesome fanart thread

your waifu is :mediocre:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

shyduck posted:

edit: http://terminallance.com/2015/06/05/terminal-lance-offended-ii/ turns out Max has a trans sister-turned-brother

The facebook comments for this are going to be glorious. Someone already called out that his brother isn't a true transgender LMAO

man i really need to loving see this movie

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lazy Reservist posted:

Does this mean Asians are now considered white?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhASn1v8BR8

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

my summer course-load:

Engineering Economic Analysis
Linear Engineering Systems
Statics
Multivariable Calculus
Intro to Thermodynamics :shepicide:

I recently asked a former professor who had taught thermo at my school for some tips about it, and the first thing he said was "cry a lot"

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 6, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here's mine:

screenwriting
special topics course about book adaptations
Image, Optics, and Cinema motion science lab
Death and Its Beyond -- religious requirement from the school

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

holocaust bloopers posted:

screenwriting
special topics course about book adaptations
Image, Optics, and Cinema motion science lab

:getin:

I wish my school had more summer offerings like these. I'll be getting 3/4ths BAH because nothing good runs during the one class I'm taking.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This is what my summer course load is. So far anyways. More to come.

http://imgur.com/a/HSAMx

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

roaming around red rocks with an ak huh?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

:getin:

I wish my school had more summer offerings like these. I'll be getting 3/4ths BAH because nothing good runs during the one class I'm taking.

My professors are very keen on pushing advertising students into film and lit courses because of how vital writing and storytelling are. Surprising to no one, most advertising students choose to assume they're all loving Don Draper who don't need to take lit courses.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

roaming around red rocks with an ak huh?

Almost all the national parks in Utah.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Watch out for Yao Guai.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Rat posted:

This guy is doing it right.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

Almost all the national parks in Utah.

i will live vicariously through you. godspeed o7

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Watch out for Yao Guai.

poo poo, it's the Axis Powers I gotta worry about. All the parks there were infested with Germans and Japanese. Every time I had the urge to get an Asian tourist photo of me taken (holding a camera around the neck, flashing the peace sign, must be taken by a random clueless white person), I would turn a corner of some rocks and be confronted with a gaggle of actual Asian tourists. Thick glasses, cameras even bigger than mine, some even dual-wielding cameras. Was like gently caress, YOU loving ASIANS.

There were also French motorcycle gangs. Older middle aged dudes with Harley leather and French patches all over, touring around on bikes. No clue if it's some tourist rental program or what. I only noticed because I heard them arguing between themselves whether a bird they had seen was a turkey or a rooster. (Go figure, French people don't know a cock when they see one.)

It was so beautiful out there though. Absolutely worth the visit. The landscape would stop me in slack-jawed, stupefied awe multiple times a day.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's like a where's waldo book except with AK's and the worldmap from Fallout.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

shyduck posted:

my summer course-load:

Statics
Multivariable Calculus

I recently asked a former professor who had taught thermo at my school for some tips about it, and the first thing he said was "cry a lot"

Multivariable and Statics are great classes if you like physics at all, and Intro to Thermo if you aren't an ME major should be a cakewalk. Just be diligent and do your homework. I think all of those classes will play nicely together.

e: I don't know what Linear Engineering Systems is....maybe 1-D Dynamics?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Rat posted:

one of those rock formations looks like a dick

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

shyduck posted:

my summer course-load:

Statics
Multivariable Calculus

thermo really isn't that bad man
i enjoyed it

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

The Rat posted:

If I knew you were there I would of bought you lunch in Moab.

Ah you were at Mt Timpanogos as well? I live a few miles from there. Nice photos!

Edgar fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 6, 2015

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Haha, appreciate the thought man.

I got lucky as hell when I went to Timpanogos cave. Got there early, like 7:30AM, and was not only on the first tour of the day, but was the only person on that tour. Got to take my time taking a bunch of pictures and loving with my shutter speed. As a bonus, the ranger tour guide was a former Marine who was really into guns (and caves), so the whole time we were bullshiting away. Great experience.

And yeah, the dick rock is the famous "balanced rock" at Arches national park, just taken from a different angle than the usual pictures. Was walking around it looking for a spot to take an AK picture away from the other tourists, looked up, thought "hey, that looks like a dick" and pretty much had to. Unfortunately too many tourists there to take an AK pic discreetly.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
My summer course load is a paid internship. It's cool I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Alaska is a loving dump. I'm here all over the state for work and each place has been shitter than the last. I did a whole bunch of outdoorsy poo poo between travel and it's like ...what else is there. No wonder there's so much alcoholism.

• Locked thread