Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah gently caress this grimdark milsperg bullshit

Hopefully there will be alternative outfit options that are less military-like. I'd accept either nice suits or going full-on Mad MaX-COM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tactical speedos.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Next week they're going to talk about modding. Looking forward to that.

Anime Hair and Realistic DDD Breasts for everyone!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iron Twinkie posted:

Anime Hair and Realistic DDD Breasts for everyone!

I believe if you read up on XCOM 2 you'll find that the latter has already been addressed.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Fluffy Tail posted:

So XCOM2 is gonna be a bit like having playable EXALT. Causing terror, stealing funds, generally being assholes...

He who fights monsters, etc.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to love the snake tits. - Buckminster Fuller

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Snake tits are the devil's toys and you may call me Satan.

eldridge cleaver
Apr 11, 2015

by Lowtax
Betting the fifth class will be a playable sectoid, which if they give them an ability tree would be neat (also they have a vanilla sectoid in one of the screen shots for outdoor environments).

Officer would be too lame, Mec wouldn't merit a big reveal, robots are sort of already in there in the support replacement.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I got sick of waiting for Beagle to upload to YouTube so I finally tried out Twitch. Bye bye, work productivity!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Next week they're going to talk about modding. Looking forward to that.

Yeah. The recent talk has me all aflutter about trying to put together a GI Joe mod.

The Cobras are already in there. Plus the bad guys kind of already look like http://www.yojoe.com/action/86/bat.shtml

Can you imagine! Just the thought of replacing the effects with blue and red laser bullets...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Yeah. The recent talk has me all aflutter about trying to put together a GI Joe mod.

The Cobras are already in there. Plus the bad guys kind of already look like http://www.yojoe.com/action/86/bat.shtml

Can you imagine! Just the thought of replacing the effects with blue and red laser bullets...

You're going to have to tune accuracy numbers WAYYYY down.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

A.o.D. posted:

You're going to have to tune accuracy numbers WAYYYY down.

Yeah, but crank up the number of shots so it roughly evens out. Bring back auto-fire.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just heard about this yesterday. The story seems pretty rad. One of my favorite game modes ever is in Plants vs Zombies when you get to play as the Zombies. This seems similar in that the player will now be the one on the offensive trying to gently caress poo poo up.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I got my first site recon. It is dumb.

RUN LITTLE BUDDY

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Boogalo posted:

RUN LITTLE BUDDY

Tip: Camp the whale before hitting the button - chryssalids will stop spawning eventually. As long as you can reliably kill one bug a turn and have options to deal with a second, you're good.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Site Recon is amazing even though if the first time I had played it was on Classic would have been a complete disaster. Me playing it on normal seemed to go exactly the way it should have. Which is to say I barely got everyone out alive and Chrysalids were nipping at the heels of my soldiers the entire way back to the Skyranger.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Nobody else immediately thought the fifth class was just going to be a psionicist? Psionics have been a staple in every X-Com title that can be politely discussed.

edit: and it was pretty clearly stated at the end of the last game that the reason the Ethereals were so interested in humans war because they could also use psionics but weren't as weak and vulnerable as Ethereals. It makes sense that, after twenty years of occupying Earth and experimenting on humans, a few would have escaped.

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 5, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm slowly getting better at impossible. This time I made it 4 missions before everyone died horribly. That's one more than my last run! :smithicide:

See if you can spot the event that caused the last mission to go horribly wrong.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Coldbird posted:

Nobody else immediately thought the fifth class was just going to be a psionicist? Psionics have been a staple in every X-Com title that can be politely discussed.
Probably because psi was an enhancement to the existing classes in XCOM.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coldbird posted:

...Several people have opined a psionic for the fifth class, yes, or a sectoid/sectoid hybrid with psionic powers, yes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Psyker is my guess, but I just hold out hope we'll get disillusioned alien mercenaries cast aside by their masters for the new human flavor of the month.

I want my dudes to realize they and a Muton are not, perhaps, so different. I also want a Muton so I can still have a unit that will liquify people with its fist even if they don't give me MECs.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Cythereal posted:

Tip: Camp the whale before hitting the button - chryssalids will stop spawning eventually. As long as you can reliably kill one bug a turn and have options to deal with a second, you're good.

Buddy actually made it to the evac zone, but one turn too early :rip:

I can see it being fun the 2nd time since you know how to prepare. I used my rockets way too early, otherwise I could have saved everyone and not been overrun. My squad sight sniper was in hospital.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 5, 2015

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

:laugh:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm slowly getting better at impossible. This time I made it 4 missions before everyone died horribly. That's one more than my last run! :smithicide:

See if you can spot the event that caused the last mission to go horribly wrong.

"Major Trauma: Unknown" ? Did you lose a covert operative to friendly fire or something?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I think that's what happens when someone bleeds out, but I haven't looked at the memorial in a dog's age so I don't remember.

si
Apr 26, 2004
Assumed that was from like a car explosion or such.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What are the Rules of Snake-Tits, anyway?

1) You do not talk about snake tits
2) You do not talk about snake tits
3) ?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coolguye posted:

I think that's what happens when someone bleeds out, but I haven't looked at the memorial in a dog's age so I don't remember.

Died from a burning car exploding, maybe?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Lone Badger posted:

What are the Rules of Snake-Tits, anyway?

1) You do not talk about snake tits
2) You do not talk about snake tits
3) ?

Always talk about Snake Tits

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Major Trauma is a dick who needs to learn to control his panic.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Buddy actually made it to the evac zone, but one turn too early :rip:

I can see it being fun the 2nd time since you know how to prepare. I used my rockets way too early, otherwise I could have saved everyone and not been overrun. My squad sight sniper was in hospital.

Yeah. The site recon is a Good Mission that way -- great the first time when you don't know what's coming, and then still a lot of fun thereafter because you know exactly what's coming and can prepare for it.

(MECs are of course the best, if you have them in time. Collateral Damage kills them before they pop out of the sharks, the big guns usually one-shot them, you're strong enough to get gnawed on and take it, and either you can neutralize whole packs of them with your flamethrower or you can spend the entire mission just rocket-punching the hell out of everyone for kicks.)

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Boogalo posted:

RUN LITTLE BUDDY

This mission is actually pretty drat easy, as long as you bring along one rookie to stay at the ship and act as The Sacrifice. :unsmigghh:

SexyCommando
Mar 1, 2014

Just do your best.
Just do your worst.
The poo poo that I've been seeing around the internet about PC exclusivity is mind-boggling. People really do not realize how much effort it actually takes to port a game. It's like they think you just copy/paste the source code onto a PS4 disc, use the find/replace command to swap some terminology, and ship it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I don't really want a psi/alien/genejack class because those things should be soldier enhancements. I'd love to command sectoids or mutons, but I'd like to have them pick from the human classes.

Muton Ranger with a giant fuckoff claymore :getin:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cythereal posted:

Hopefully there will be alternative outfit options that are less military-like. I'd accept either nice suits or going full-on Mad MaX-COM.

:perfect:

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 5, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yep. Rookie is bleeding out, better shoot my friend in the head and kill her too.

Coolguye posted:

Yeah, just a standard sectoid pistol headshot that killed her 5 turns later.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Segmentation Fault posted:

I don't really want a psi/alien/genejack class because those things should be soldier enhancements. I'd love to command sectoids or mutons, but I'd like to have them pick from the human classes.

Muton Ranger with a giant fuckoff claymore :getin:

This would also be extremely acceptable, yes. Imagine the size of shotgun a Muton would use.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Coldbird posted:

edit: and it was pretty clearly stated at the end of the last game that the reason the Ethereals were so interested in humans war because they could also use psionics but weren't as weak and vulnerable as Ethereals. It makes sense that, after twenty years of occupying Earth and experimenting on humans, a few would have escaped.

I thought this was pretty obvious. With the lore stuff about citizens showing psionic potential being 'disappeared' it seems like an obvious hook to have the mechanic be in the game from the beginning. 5th class as psionic/Gifted seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Blarghalt posted:

This mission is actually pretty drat easy, as long as you bring along one rookie to stay at the ship and act as The Sacrifice. :unsmigghh:

That's what SHIVS are for. rip goliath 2 *tapes picture of shiv to memorial wall way off to side*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I'm gonna bet there's missions where you get to assassinate Ethereals and they're gonna be awesome. :getin:

• Locked thread