Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

ffffffffffffriday afternoon motherfuckers

https://i.imgur.com/DyEPQSR.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
sulk's new dating sim spotted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

wayfinder posted:

the human body afair cannot store calories from alcohol, they are immediately burned with top priority, so the real problem is that any non-alcohol calories you ingest around drinking alcohol are converted straight to body fat. the carbs in the drink itself, the burger etc.

they actually don't fully understand alcohol nutritionally

what has been shown is that alcohol causes weight gain which is more than what should be suggested from the number of calories that it gives you

there are a few theories but they just don't know where this extra flab comes from right now but your body certainly can store alcohol calories

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

as a chronic matter, alcohol fucks with your metabolism bigtime

if you go pound eight shots of whiskey, it won't add up to eight hundred calories. but if you do it a couple times a week it can gently caress with your ability to absorb nutrients and really screw with how your body works

this is how malnourished alcoholics still have beer guts

one of the big ways that alcohol fucks w/ this system is that it can irritate and inflame your intestinal lining

this greatly affects your bowel motility which leads to chronic diarrhea and significantly reduced absorption of things like vitamins

and once you're a vitamin deficient alcoholic you'll probably get wet brain which is the fun one where you don't even realize that you're makin up memories outta thin air

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
the most yospos game http://store.steampowered.com/app/370360/

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they actually don't fully understand alcohol nutritionally

what has been shown is that alcohol causes weight gain which is more than what should be suggested from the number of calories that it gives you

there are a few theories but they just don't know where this extra flab comes from right now but your body certainly can store alcohol calories

one of the big ways that alcohol fucks w/ this system is that it can irritate and inflame your intestinal lining

this greatly affects your bowel motility which leads to chronic diarrhea and significantly reduced absorption of things like vitamins

and once you're a vitamin deficient alcoholic you'll probably get wet brain which is the fun one where you don't even realize that you're makin up memories outta thin air

WKS ain't nothing to gently caress with. I've known some agitated confabulatin' drunks in my day

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i unironically like zachtronics games

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

spankmeister posted:

i unironically like zachtronics games

i only played spacechem, but it seems like they went down the "programming can be fun" rabbit hole

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3XyDLbaUmU

i was hoping they'd fight

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Anaconda Rifle posted:

i only played spacechem, but it seems like they went down the "programming can be fun" rabbit hole

he's made a few flash games before that were about designing chips and whatnot.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

i'm neal stephenson's erect penis

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

reminder that he couldn't get the actress to do a second sex scene so he recycled the first for some reason

and now it is playing in your heeeead

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

syscall girl posted:

reminder that he couldn't get the actress to do a second sex scene so he recycled the first for some reason

me underwears

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
i met him and the guy who played mark at a showing in oakland

he was blazed out of his mind and mark appeared to very much not want to be there but i guess they paid him enough

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ol qwerty bastard posted:

dieting without exercise is how you go from being an out of shape fat guy to an out of shape skinny guy

exercising without dieting is how you go from being an out of shape fat guy to an out of shape fat guy who gave up after going to the gym twice

tl;dr do both

find someone who will pay you to exercise all day

if you sit in front of a computer at your job, you're doing it wrong
i did a phone interview with fitbit a while back and they have multiple permanent employees whose job is to work out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

that was the very first scene they shot too

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hey cool, good for zachtronics. You'd think he'd kill himself or notch for giving infiniminer an MIT license lol

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

ffffffffffffriday afternoon motherfuckers

https://i.imgur.com/DyEPQSR.gifv

sleep tight pupper

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

drat, obama is really bonding with that babby

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

taco_fox posted:

sleep tight pupper

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

in case you haven't grooved to it recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tng4OluHqsk

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Voynich manuscript is the best historical prank

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bhodi posted:

stop drinking diet soda! it's just as bad for you except that the damage is once removed

fake sugar substitutes still acclimatize your palette to a sweetness way above the norm and you'll continue to inhale sugar because your body is used to it, only you'll take it through your food or fruit juice instead

all the while you'll be fooling yourself about how healthy you're eating because you aren't drinking soda with all that sugar anymore, because your body and mind are stone-cold addicts who need their fix

eh substituing real for diet soda can be a very easy good first step for people to lose weight. baby steps and all that. as long as someone wants to get off it at some stage, and the switch is helping the weight loss its ok.

its like peple quitting smoking. going from 20 a day to 10 a day is a massive improvement, and although 0 a day is the ideal, any reduction in the amount of cigs smokes is a good thing. same with any change towards being healthier

focus on the easy to fix things first :) progress breeds motivation

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

echinopsis posted:

eh substituing real for diet soda can be a very easy good first step for people to lose weight. baby steps and all that. as long as someone wants to get off it at some stage, and the switch is helping the weight loss its ok.

its like peple quitting smoking. going from 20 a day to 10 a day is a massive improvement, and although 0 a day is the ideal, any reduction in the amount of cigs smokes is a good thing. same with any change towards being healthier

focus on the easy to fix things first :) progress breeds motivation

there's been some recent research that diet soda may be worse than regular soda in ways, and increases the risk of developing diabetes, especially for people with certain gut flora compositions

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Machine posted:

there's been some recent research that diet soda may be worse than regular soda in ways, and increases the risk of developing diabetes, especially for people with certain gut flora compositions

welp either way they seem to have been a big easy change for farmer crack rear end to start weight loss so who cares if he gets diabetes he'll be skinnier

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
just loving drink water and stop trying to min/max your sugar and/or sugar substitute intake

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i find plain old soda water satisfies a lot of the cravings i have for fizzy drink, the fizz is key

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
if you like fizz just drink mineral water. get unsweetened lemon or lime flavoured and you'll learn to stop expecting sweetness in all your drinks like a goddamn 8 year old

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i think id rather drnik bleach than drink mineral water :barf:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
drunken scot confounded by water, no surprise there

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
oh wait are you irish? i forget, y'all look the same to me

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
scottish and retarded because I thought you meant carbonated water lol nevermind

Valeyard posted:

scottish and retarded

nice reduandancy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Valeyard posted:

i think id rather drnik bleach than drink mineral water :barf:

cant stand the mouthfeel?

• Locked thread