Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

When the hell is the next Tesagure

The director quit so I guess that hosed things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The director quit so I guess that hosed things up.

https://youtu.be/MDGHei6Nllk?t=367

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

this is marvelous

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://youtu.be/BrUuKehpGuQ?t=119

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I watched like half of Samurai Flamenco but gave up once the sentai team shows up because it was getting boring. I love toku too so I was expecting something crazy good but it just fell flat. That is my anime overview for the day. Thanks for listening.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fake, holo never keeps her clothes on that long

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

I watched like half of Samurai Flamenco but gave up once the sentai team shows up because it was getting boring. I love toku too so I was expecting something crazy good but it just fell flat. That is my anime overview for the day. Thanks for listening.

its garbage mate

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

That's the weakest part of the show, it gets better. The thing about Samurai Flamenco is that if you're ever not liking a part you can just wait a few episodes and it'll be an entirely different show.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean if it doesn't click for you it doesn't click for you, but! I liked it a lot!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SamFlam was like the dude who wrote it had a bunch of different ideas for shows but they told him he could only make one so he crammed them all in there with a flimsy excuse.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sakurazuka posted:

crammed them all in there with a flimsy excuse.
Now now. Many modern epic fantasy stories start from simple beginnings. It's no different from Lord of the Rings, really.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

Now now. Many modern epic fantasy stories start from simple beginnings. It's no different from Lord of the Rings, really.

Samurai Flamenco is better than The Lord of the Rings

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

SamFlam was like the dude who wrote it had a bunch of different ideas for shows but they told him he could only make one so he crammed them all in there with a flimsy excuse.

I wish he could have just stayed with that first idea :smith:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Srice posted:

I wish he could have just stayed with that first idea :smith:
It was reaching the end of its lifespan anyway imo. It had to change.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, even if you don't like what SamFlam became, it works alright as a however many episode show it was before the one where the monkey showed up.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Motto posted:

Yeah, even if you don't like what SamFlam became, it works alright as a however many episode show it was before the one where the monkey showed up.

oh god glad I missed this

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the worst part about samurai flamenco is that it felt like it could've been so much more than what it was. i really liked it up until the sentai stuff, but after that it was sort of all over the place and left a lot of character drama i enjoyed behind in exchange for constant escalation of the plot.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kylra posted:

It was reaching the end of its lifespan anyway imo. It had to change.

If it was just a dozen episodes that first arc easily had enough momentum to last that long!

Paper Triangle posted:

the worst part about samurai flamenco is that it felt like it could've been so much more than what it was. i really liked it up until the sentai stuff, but after that it was sort of all over the place and left a lot of character drama i enjoyed behind in exchange for constant escalation of the plot.

Yeah the entire show up to that point was carried by the strength of its characters, so when they decide to shove most of them out of the picture and replace them with bland archetypes engaging in action that looks like rear end....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

Which one is this? That sounds cool.
All-out attack. Godzilla's the villain and Mothra and King Ghidorah are the good monsters.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i was looking up information on the kaiji music guy and apparently he got caught with like 1.5 grams of the reefer and now he's going to be in jail forever. i figured japan has strict drug laws but poo poo, that sucks. i'm going to look up his band though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Even if he gets out, his career is basically over.

In the event that Kaiji season three ever does come to pass, it'll be someone else on the music. Guaranteed.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instrumentality begins

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 5, 2015

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my eyes cant comprehend it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish...that I could turn back time...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If the picture was smaller, it'd be funny and cute, but it's so big it's kinda freaky?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Every mornin' I wake up,
I reach for my smiley face cup.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Too strong, too powerful....

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There's no end to that Evangelion.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Terper posted:

If the picture was smaller, it'd be funny and cute, but it's so big it's kinda freaky?

what if it was even bigger

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dotJPG posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

help

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009