Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Blimpkin posted:

I don't mind starting over, as I've barely even begun at this point, I just don't want to load to a CTD or something. I'll apply the patches after the DLC but before the HiRes.

Don't forget the unofficial hires patch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

In the apocalypse spells mod, is there a spell that reanimates every corpse in the area? Animating one at a time is a little bit tedious.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I thought you needed a perk to able to resurrect more than one corpse at a time.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

LoonShia posted:

I thought you needed a perk to able to resurrect more than one corpse at a time.

Huh! Missed that. Probably because I've never been that far down the tech tree.

Anyway, only two at a time, huh?... That's a bit boring.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

Generally, the unofficial patches are written in such a way that they're fine to add to a game in progress.

In fact, the unofficial patches are designed with adding to a game in progress by design, and will actually run scripts to fix what's been hosed up in your saves by bugs.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

BattleCattle posted:

In the apocalypse spells mod, is there a spell that reanimates every corpse in the area? Animating one at a time is a little bit tedious.

In the version I have, there is a spell which summons a group of zombies, but nothing I've yet seen which does a mass reanimate. They probably opted to not do that to not make the Ritual a pointless stone.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's my biggest problem with Skyrim, you can't easily roleplay a necromancer. No Diablo-style horde of skeletons, only a couple of corpses at a time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Saw 6686 new posts, checked the thread and saw:

Agents are GO! posted:

BattleCattle posted:

LoonShia posted:

BattleCattle posted:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

In fact, the unofficial patches are designed with adding to a game in progress by design, and will actually run scripts to fix what's been hosed up in your saves by bugs.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

In the version I have, there is a spell which summons a group of zombies, but nothing I've yet seen which does a mass reanimate. They probably opted to not do that to not make the Ritual a pointless stone.

LoonShia posted:

That's my biggest problem with Skyrim, you can't easily roleplay a necromancer. No Diablo-style horde of skeletons, only a couple of corpses at a time.

:staredog:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Blimpkin posted:

I don't mind starting over, as I've barely even begun at this point, I just don't want to load to a CTD or something. I'll apply the patches after the DLC but before the HiRes.

Agents are GO! posted:

I've noticed that LOOT likes to sort the unofficial patches directly after their corresponding mods, so the plugins end up alternating between them (DLC1 - UnoPatch1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch2 etc). Is there any benefit or detriment to doing this over loading the DLCs first and then the patches in separate batches (DLC1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch1 - UnoPatch 2), or does it not matter in the slightest as long as the patch is loaded shortly after their required plugin?

I've assumed that it's the latter, I just wanted to make sure .

All that said, I'm guessing that LOOT simply sorts them that way because it's programmed to sort the patches as high up in the load order as possible, is that right?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I see nothing amiss. Zombies are rad when someone's telling 'em to kill dragons.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've noticed that LOOT likes to sort the unofficial patches directly after their corresponding mods, so the plugins end up alternating between them (DLC1 - UnoPatch1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch2 etc). Is there any benefit or detriment to doing this over loading the DLCs first and then the patches in separate batches (DLC1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch1 - UnoPatch 2), or does it not matter in the slightest as long as the patch is loaded shortly after their required plugin?

I've assumed that it's the latter, I just wanted to make sure .

All that said, I'm guessing that LOOT simply sorts them that way because it's programmed to sort the patches as high up in the load order as possible, is that right?

The former is correct. poo poo can get wacky if they aren't sorted that way.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

The Aurora Doomstones mod makes the Ritual Stone passively reanimate every corpse near you when in combat as long as you aren't actively attacking, and also the corpses don't turn to dust so if you attack and all your zombies die again then you can just wait for them to revive yet again.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ArfJason posted:

Saw 6686 new posts, checked the thread and saw:

:staredog:

are you sure you're in the right thread, friend

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Emong posted:

The former is correct. poo poo can get wacky if they aren't sorted that way.

Glad I listened to LOOT then, thanks for the info! :)

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

So I tried to mod the game to make multiple summons viable. A lot of the mods that add the number of corpses, skellies, atronachs and whatnot didn't seem to work, so instead I found an easier solution:

Just go into console and find the ID for the Twin Souls perk. Now add it multiple times. You should now be capable of having as many summoned and reanimated creatures as you want. Another way you could do this is find the power for the ritual stone and make that thing available for more than once per day.

E: Forgot to mention that I did the Twin Souls thing while using SPERG, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Appoda fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 5, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Appoda posted:

So I tried to mod the game to make multiple summons viable. A lot of the mods that add the number of corpses, skellies, atronachs and whatnot didn't seem to work, so instead I found an easier solution:

Just go into console and find the ID for the Twin Souls perk. Now add it multiple times. You should now be capable of having as many summoned and reanimated creatures as you want. Another way you could do this is find the power for the ritual stone and make that thing available for more than once per day.

E: Forgot to mention that I did the Twin Souls thing while using SPERG, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Once I figure out how to use the console, I'll give this a go. I'll forego using SPERG until the conclusion of this experiment, so we can clear up that particular ambiguity.

Edit: Nope, that trick doesn't work on vanilla. Must be a SPERG thing. Gonna go get SPERG now.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 6, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Ritual is the absolute funniest power to have when you go in that enslaved-ghost-warlock-sucker-trap ruin. Watching 15 commoners and dogs tear apart a wizard while you're sitting snug in a cage never gets old.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

One fun thing to do with the ritual stone (I don't know if this still works with the USKP, but I used to do it when playing on the PS3.) Grab the Aetherial Crown, make sure it's got the ritual stone power stored. Now, every time you re-equip the Crown, you'll a fresh use of the Ritual Stone. Travel through a dungeon, building your army!

Anyways, here's a few more shots of my WIP mod - if anybody likes seeing these, please let me know, because I'll stop posting them if it's irritating.

First up, Bthandmarz Command:

Secondly, Tonal Locks. This is a new thing I've created for this mod. It's basically Simon: Match the growing-sequence of lights/tones:

Well, except for the fact that failing at Simon rarely shot flames directly into your face!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

One fun thing to do with the ritual stone (I don't know if this still works with the USKP, but I used to do it when playing on the PS3.) Grab the Aetherial Crown, make sure it's got the ritual stone power stored. Now, every time you re-equip the Crown, you'll a fresh use of the Ritual Stone. Travel through a dungeon, building your army!

I never did figure out if combo-ing the Apprentice and Atronach made the latter twice as powerful but I may have to try that

Also keep posting the screenshots that looks to be coming along nicely

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Appoda posted:

I'm not sure this will scale infinitely. I think you're just adding the vanilla twin souls on top of SPERG's so you have both at once and have a higher summon limit. Of course anything is possible in Skyrim modding, so if it does work to infinity, awesome.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This Twin Souls console fuckery seems cool (and with less messing around in the Creation Kit, too). I might give it a go next time around.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyways, here's a few more shots of my WIP mod - if anybody likes seeing these, please let me know, because I'll stop posting them if it's irritating.

Secondly, Tonal Locks. This is a new thing I've created for this mod. It's basically Simon: Match the growing-sequence of lights/tones:

Well, except for the fact that failing at Simon rarely shot flames directly into your face!

I am interested in seeing this develop because it looks good.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I just discovered the most Bethesda-ish bug ever. Weapon racks won't function correctly when rotated to 90 degree angles. 89? Sure. But not 90. I'm about to check if 89.99 works.

Edit: Rotated to 0.1 off true works perfectly. Rotated to 0.01 off true screws up. :bethesda:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 6, 2015

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Agents are GO! posted:

This looks really sweet, keep up the good work!

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

LoonShia posted:

PerMa will let you do this. They're not just summons, either; you actually have to collect bones and components to assemble skeletons from. They're also permanent.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Not exactly a mod question, but this seemed the right place to ask:

Does anybody know of an online tool that will let me enter alchemy ingredients and choose the combinations that will allow for me to learn the most effects? There are a lot of online tools, but they're mostly focused (understandably) on finding ways to brew the most expensive potions or potions that are effective. I just want to learn as many effects as I can with my pile of flowers and bug parts, and then maybe brew a few extras with the bulk ingredients like mountain flowers to keep my skill up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have this bookmarked but tbh I found it easier to just scroll through the UESP ingredients page and use that chart to see what combines with what.

Learning ingredient effects is always super tedious on replays which is why I really love the combination of that SPERG perk that makes learning ingredients by eating them more effective plus tweaking the Uncapper ini so that Alchemy levels super fast up to 100. I take that perk, make like 10 potions to max it to 100, then just eat anything that's not identified after that to unlock all effects. For a more ~immersive~ option there's also some mod that lets you learn ingredient effects when you read books about alchemy but I don't remember the name offhand.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That Alchemy page thing looks really spergy.

... I use an app.

A normal Necromancy mod would be rad, since I don't find PerMa that interesting. Maybe I should give that Undeath mod a try. Has anyone tried it?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Bicyclops posted:

Not exactly a mod question, but this seemed the right place to ask:

Does anybody know of an online tool that will let me enter alchemy ingredients and choose the combinations that will allow for me to learn the most effects? There are a lot of online tools, but they're mostly focused (understandably) on finding ways to brew the most expensive potions or potions that are effective. I just want to learn as many effects as I can with my pile of flowers and bug parts, and then maybe brew a few extras with the bulk ingredients like mountain flowers to keep my skill up.

Try Prosperous Alchemist. When you use an alchemy table, it will check the ingredients you have and display at the top of the screen which 3 ingredients will produce the most expensive potion. It auto updates as you use up ingredients. Be warned though, that if you have a quest ingredient, such as the Frost Salts Farengar wants you to deliver, it counts those as an ingredient to check against, even though you can't use it. Thats the only real con, and that situation is rare, anyway. It's worked perfectly for me with mods like Hunterborn that add new ingredients.
Also give Harvest Overhaul a look. Makes it so you get 3 or 4 of an ingredient from plants. No more getting only one deathbell from the whole bush. Also has an option to add extra harvestable ingredients from animals, like fox claws or horker blubber.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

I have this bookmarked but tbh I found it easier to just scroll through the UESP ingredients page and use that chart to see what combines with what.

Learning ingredient effects is always super tedious on replays which is why I really love the combination of that SPERG perk that makes learning ingredients by eating them more effective plus tweaking the Uncapper ini so that Alchemy levels super fast up to 100. I take that perk, make like 10 potions to max it to 100, then just eat anything that's not identified after that to unlock all effects. For a more ~immersive~ option there's also some mod that lets you learn ingredient effects when you read books about alchemy but I don't remember the name offhand.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm using, but it's a lot of manual sorting if you're just trying to figure out "which combination of ingredients will reveal the most new effects, given the ingredients that I have and what I have already learned." I mostly ask because I know the program already exists, it's just A) on my brother's computer and B) doesn't take the DLC stuff into account. I just thought "Well, if he made a program that does it, somebody out there must have done it and published it," but it seems most of them are focused on making potions by effect or making potions for profit (which makes sense). Ah well. I'll maybe check out Prosperous Alchemist (thanks, That Ignorant Sap) which will approximate what I'm trying to do, or just figure it out manually and with a spreadsheet or something.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Gaaaah. I'm trying to get all the rest of the achievements I need and I need 1 more Daedric Artifact. Of course, I need to go into Bloated Man's Grotto for that and everytime I enter it, it crashes. Any way I can potentially figure out why that is and how to fix it?

edit: used a console command to teleport in front and ran inside, and somehow this worked!

Dohaeris fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 7, 2015

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

On the jury-rigged necromancy stuff: I may have used multiple MGEF IDs to get the number of extra summons that I had available, stacked up as Seorin suggested. I'll have to look at it again sometime so I can remember exactly what I did. Anyway, I was able to summon up seven skellies or so without a problem, not sure what I was capped at.

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

LoonShia posted:

A normal Necromancy mod would be rad, since I don't find PerMa that interesting. Maybe I should give that Undeath mod a try. Has anyone tried it?

Have you tried Corpse Preparation?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I guess it's a SPERG thing, but do locks belong to the Thieves Guild now?

doing the cave crawl with Karliah and Mercer Frey aka Team Leroy Jenkins. if I bash open a lock I get a bounty for assaulting a guild member and both Karliah and Mercer turn hostile.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
a contender for "supreme nexusweirdo that didn't take his pills" emerges: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66470/
that civil war overhaul guy needs to up his game

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

Dongattack posted:

a contender for "supreme nexusweirdo that didn't take his pills" emerges: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66470/

:wtc:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Not yet, but man it sounds interesting.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Dongattack posted:

That Modder, under the gigantic list of acknowledgements posted:

Arthmoor – Alternate Start – Live Another Life should probably be in EVERY mod’s credits and will be in every credit for my mods going forward. I cannot imagine the number of baby faces you have saved with this mod (I would have been angry testing mods without your mod (I punch babies when I’m angry (in the face))) Thank you so much

I see.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
i found a youtube where he describes the mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAaKaNFVnmM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Okay wow, so apparently mixing Bellyaches New Dragon Species and ASIS is a very bad thing to do! Every fight I get into with a dragon there are 2 or more right beside them. It'd be kind of fun late game but...not yet.

• Locked thread