Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
1000 crowns for 10 points seems a little... steep, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

1000 crowns for 10 points seems a little... steep, IMO.

I don't think any of the convenience items are supposed to be a good "deal".

From the get go they've always been priced with whales in mind.

Though 100 crowns for an extra days worth of training lessons isn't that bad, I think, if you absolutely want to jump ahead.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

It also comes in a 10 pack so you can use some on one character and give the rest to another.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Any xbone goons planning on a guild when this starts? I'm new to the MMO games so I plan on mostly sticking to PoE for awhile until I get the hang of how these games work.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me and a few of my friends will be on Xbone. I'd someone wants to start a clan I'm in.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thanks for the advice about a mage knight build folks. Neither me nor my friends really care about high level PvE stuff so it's good to hear that you can basically build however you want 1-49, especially in Cyrodil.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress Veteran Crypt of Hearts. I've run that poo poo multiple times on my sorc as a healer and a dps and no run was as frustrating as last night's multiple attempts on both my sorc (subbed in for a group who lost a dps) and my nb.

I wanna find the dev who gave the final boss a skull projectile that pierces through block and cave his own skull in. :argh:

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I watched someone do that last night on twitch. Something about leaving four ghosts alive to get a key as well, looked like an annoying fight if your team sucked. Well, that streamer was blaming the team, at least.

I've been watching streams to get an idea of how the game plays but I wonder how different it'll be on a console. :ohdear:

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Barometer posted:

Any xbone goons planning on a guild when this starts? I'm new to the MMO games so I plan on mostly sticking to PoE for awhile until I get the hang of how these games work.

I'm picking this up for xbone as soon as summer semester is done in July.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I already got a copy for the PS4 ( a local store sold it early ). Now I just have to wait until the 9th... I swore off of MMO's some time back, but ESO seems like a game that I can casually enjoy, there are no monthly fees, and a group of friends are also getting the console-version.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

New console...commercial? out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6Wg5YP8Js

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Hey, @Overchromed: if you sent me the mail with the glyphs, I'll send them back to you as soon as I manage to get my internet connection back (posting from phone atm).
Sorry about it.

Edit:
internet connection is back up. I've sent the various mail with the glyph back to sender plus a few extra glyphs for deconstruction I made. Again, sorry about this.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 5, 2015

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Arthe Xavier posted:

I already got a copy for the PS4 ( a local store sold it early ). Now I just have to wait until the 9th... I swore off of MMO's some time back, but ESO seems like a game that I can casually enjoy, there are no monthly fees, and a group of friends are also getting the console-version.

Same, I'm down for this because I've become pretty casual. I play most nights after 10 but I just don't have the energy for traditional MMOs anymore. After playing EQ for 3 years and WoW since its release, I'm ready for something different.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Currently leveling a sword and board heavy templar in Ebonheart. Can I get a guild invite for @shanzival?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Taerkar posted:

Currently leveling a sword and board heavy templar in Ebonheart. Can I get a guild invite for @shanzival?

What level and how is it working for you? What is your rotation like?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pre-load is live here on PS4 for anyone who picked that up already, but I think it's only for PSN pre-orders? Just sitting here downloading this huge loving thing for now.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
ESO is the sole reason they're making a 1TB PS4.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
A friend is giving me his ESO account but we can't figure out how to change the email address to mine. Anyone know how to do this?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FordPRefectLL posted:

A friend is giving me his ESO account but we can't figure out how to change the email address to mine. Anyone know how to do this?

You'd probably have to contact Support.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

GOD DAMNIT TONY WHAT THE gently caress

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lol@the VetDC segment. They would get torn to shreds in the real VetDC.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I am going to laugh so hard when the console version actually has no UI like that and no addon support.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

looks like they hired the same marketing firm as everquest online adventures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
Hey there, looking for a guild invite, I'm Ebonheart. @oldballsmcgee

Been having fun doing stupid things with an Imperial NB.

True story: I always play archers that blacksmith in every mmo.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Sogol posted:

What level and how is it working for you? What is your rotation like?

Only 16 right now and I was mis-remembering things, I'm using 2H, not Sword and Board. So far though it's definitely been wail the poo poo out of stuff, heal myself if things get a bit rough. I've been having a bit of a problem where I'm trying to use Skyrim controls during fights and accidentally burn my ult when I want to sheath my weapon.

Currently I've got Brawler (The AoE sweep), Rush, Honor the Dead, and Healing ritual as my slotted powers. Syphon Soul is in the last spot though I'm likely going to swap it out for Uppercut soon. I'm likely going to move things around to have the first slot be offensive and the second be healing once I stop being lazy about it.

It's definitely fun and my only deaths so far have been deciding to let myself get killed instead of running out of a dungeon or falling into a mob of guys when I decide to take the express route down a cliff.

Honestly I'm probably going to change it for sword and board soon.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 6, 2015

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

radintorov posted:

Hey, @Overchromed: if you sent me the mail with the glyphs, I'll send them back to you as soon as I manage to get my internet connection back (posting from phone atm).
Sorry about it.

Edit:
internet connection is back up. I've sent the various mail with the glyph back to sender plus a few extra glyphs for deconstruction I made. Again, sorry about this.

Hey it's no biggie, those weren't exactly hot button items.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I haven't played a MMO since WoW and I haven't played ES since Morrowind so I'm excited for when this goes live on ps4.

Policenaut posted:

Pre-load is live here on PS4 for anyone who picked that up already, but I think it's only for PSN pre-orders? Just sitting here downloading this huge loving thing for now.

15gb argh.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

asap-salafi posted:

I haven't played a MMO since WoW and I haven't played ES since Morrowind so I'm excited for when this goes live on ps4.

15gb argh.

The install on PC takes 80GB (it only actually uses 40GB, but the install takes double).

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I downloaded 54 GB for my Xbox one preinstall was a 9.5MB file that was some add on. Can't wait!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Taerkar posted:

Only 16 right now and I was mis-remembering things, I'm using 2H, not Sword and Board. So far though it's definitely been wail the poo poo out of stuff, heal myself if things get a bit rough. I've been having a bit of a problem where I'm trying to use Skyrim controls during fights and accidentally burn my ult when I want to sheath my weapon.

Currently I've got Brawler (The AoE sweep), Rush, Honor the Dead, and Healing ritual as my slotted powers. Syphon Soul is in the last spot though I'm likely going to swap it out for Uppercut soon. I'm likely going to move things around to have the first slot be offensive and the second be healing once I stop being lazy about it.

It's definitely fun and my only deaths so far have been deciding to let myself get killed instead of running out of a dungeon or falling into a mob of guys when I decide to take the express route down a cliff.

Honestly I'm probably going to change it for sword and board soon.

I am about the same level and running sword and board. Getting ready to add resto as my second wep/bar. I mostly have racial skills on the bar just so they will level. I only really use the fast heal, Hurried whatever. I alternate between using one of the morphed Puntures and Slash on the bar and just morphed the insta cast Flare. I have Biting Jabs, but don't use it a lot because it takes a fairly long time to throw. Even with using just a couple of the one handed skills he is incredibly survivable, though he does not kill things quickly. Mostly he can just sit there hitting and healing, but I tend to circle strafe and block.

I am probably turning him into my crafter soon and leveling some others, including a Templar that doesn't do crafting. This means I will take points out of everything except basic survival and put them into crafting (because I like crafting) and survival passives.

I haven't yet morphed most of the attacks into the multiple target versions, but plan to. He has 11 unused attribute points and 6 unused skill points at level 16 and is still able to solo anything other than anchors that I have yet encountered, which sometimes includes things a few levels above him, though as I said it is slow. He is probably best on single targets, but does ok with multiple ads. He would probably be mostly useless in a group, though he is a relatively self sustaining tank with decent-ish taunt. I would be completely useless in a group since I still don't really know how to play. I am also working out button mashing, though I have yet to use an ultimate. I think you should just keep sheathing your weapon when you try to use an ultimate as a quirk of your character...

I am trying to learn the animation cancels using light, ability, bash. The light and bash ad a fair amount to his dps and I just throw the heal when I am occasionally low on stamina.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ESO subreddit is staying true to Reddit by complaining this morning that the last ESO trailer is too "politically correct" by showing a black man playing video games.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

ESO subreddit is staying true to Reddit by complaining this morning that the last ESO trailer is too "politically correct" by showing a black man playing video games.

And a girl. They missed the Asian, though.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

honestly i thought regular gamers had chased off all the black people and girls by now

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Today was a good day. Got tired of never being able to find a tank for group content, I decided "gently caress it, let's try NB tanking."

It is surprisingly good. Manged to get Sword and Board and Heavy Armor to 30 from level 1 just by tossing on a bunch of training stuff and doing group stuff.

Hist Bark + Blur is awesome because it's a 1 in 3 chance of dodging attacks, and it has a chance to proc for each attack. Survivability is amazing thanks to Siphoning and Shadow skill lines. The only thing lacks is some good CC, of which the only solid CC comes from the Soul Tether ultimate, but aside from that, Nightblades are solid tanks.

Can't imagine how good it'll be once I get that character to VR14 and am able to equip either the Blood Spawn or Malubeth monster sets :black101:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

What about the fear?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I tried Aspect of Terror, but it seems to scatter them as opposed to bringing them closer for our dps to mow them down. I've yet to morph it to Mass Hysteria though, so maybe that'll help.

I'm using Sap Essence right now. Works better since I get aggro and they all gather on me.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 7, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

As I've found magicka NBs make great off healers.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Why is every single PVP server yellow

Samunwise
Mar 18, 2009
Been trying templar healer, it's pretty fun, but I get the impression that I need way more magicka than I have - even with 3/4th of my attribute points in it, and nothing but +magicka enchants I blow through my entire bar before a pack of enemies is done with and am relying on potions pretty heavily in dungeons. I'm working on light armor passives atm and putting together an "of the healer" set for the next few levels, is there anything I'm missing or are the pubbies I'm grouping with just good at losing health?

Also, I think this got missed because of the maintenance last week:

Samunwise posted:

Also, can I get an invite to the EP guild for @Samunwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

vug posted:

Why is every single PVP server yellow

The answer to this is furries and nazi elves. Learn it in your heart, for it is the truth.

Because of the furries and nazi elves, AD has a lot more PvP turbospergs than the other factions.

Also, having finished Cadwell's Gold, I can say that as far as faction storylines the Aldmeri Dominion story is, in my opinion, the most fun to play through. Ebonheart Pact has an issue of largely 'okay hero, you've completed this area, good for you! We've got nothing left for you to do!', and then you step outside and someone's there to conveniently say 'hey buddy can you come check on this situation in this other area?' The AD's story actually strings along fairly well: the events of the ending of one area lead directly into the next.

• Locked thread