Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I need to choose a new company phone to replace the Blackberry, either an iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6.

I already have a nice recent Android phone so I'd take the iphone to diversify, but i really want to use it with Gear VR so it has to be the S6. Why is my life so difficult :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can't play Splatoon downstairs because it doesn't have off screen play unlike a lot of Wii U games, and I can't even really bitch about that because it uses the tablet well but I wanna play now drat it.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

LethalGeek posted:

I can't play Splatoon downstairs because it doesn't have off screen play unlike a lot of Wii U games, and I can't even really bitch about that because it uses the tablet well but I wanna play now drat it.

My fiancé is playing Witcher 3 and I should be getting Splatoon from Gamefly soon, without off screen play I'll never get to play because when he's not playing Witcher we're playing Boarderlands 2 together. And then we'll have Lego Jurassic Park and he'll have Batman, so tl;dr I'll never play Splatoon and I want to buy a new TV for the bedroom now.

speaksoftly
Feb 18, 2011
My bra size changed and now I have even more issues with finding bras in my new size. Along with that bit of fun; I still need a strapless bra for my dress and I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ilysespieces posted:

My fiancé is playing Witcher 3 and I should be getting Splatoon from Gamefly soon, without off screen play I'll never get to play because when he's not playing Witcher we're playing Boarderlands 2 together. And then we'll have Lego Jurassic Park and he'll have Batman, so tl;dr I'll never play Splatoon and I want to buy a new TV for the bedroom now.

Tell him to stop hogging the TV so you can play the videogames you want to play too?

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Slime posted:

Tell him to stop hogging the TV so you can play the videogames you want to play too?

Oh I will, once we get Splatoon. But my main problem is that there are other, co-op, games that I want to play more.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't decide if I should take my bonus and eat the huge tax hit so I can buy a PS4 or roll it into my 401k to defer taxes and save for retirement. I usually roll it, but getting a few thousand dollars to play with would be fun.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I started dieting (well more eating better, and not All The Food) recently, and exercising yesterday. The only way I can describe how I am today is that my everything is sore. I am so amazingly out of shape.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I started dieting (well more eating better, and not All The Food) recently, and exercising yesterday. The only way I can describe how I am today is that my everything is sore. I am so amazingly out of shape.

This was me, one month ago.

Everything will always be sore for the first few weeks. If you're not sore you're doing something wrong.

(As long as it's just sore and not actually painful. If it's painful you're also doing something wrong.)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was going to put a computer desk, chair, and exercise equipment in my second bedroom, but after spending all my mornings this week dancing around the furniture-less room, I'm starting to think I kind of want to leave it empty.

...so where the hell am I going to put my computer desk, chair, and exercise equipment? :sigh:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My girlfriend and I are starting the home-buying process, and I feel like I get so nitpicky about things.

But seriously, why the gently caress do so many people put the fridge right next to the loving stove?! It means you can't put large pots/pans on that side of the stove, and grease and poo poo gets all over the side and top of the fridge.

And also, wallpaper sucks, it has always sucked, it will never not suck.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My appendix exploded and all the hospital charged me was $7.50 for having a phone in my room, but since they use an archaic payment system, I have to go there in person on a weekday in order to pay and it's a hassle.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

My work shift ends at 9, all the restraunts close at seven, and I don't feel like cooking :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have to wait till June 21st for new Aqua Teen episodes :(

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

I crashed my car in a videogame so I lost the rally and it mildly annoyed me.

And the Scary/Unnerving Wikipedia thread has started yet another sleep paralysis derail. :suicide:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Inside Amy Schumer, Key and Peele, and Drunk History aren't free on Prime anymore :(. I really like those shows, but I don't know if I like them enough to pay two bucks for a half hour.

Winsanity
May 14, 2015

Space magic is the best magic
I really feel like I should be playing some of my other video games, but I'm just so into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer right now.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I want to play more Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag but the ship controls are pissing me off so much. And the game loves spawning a billion Brig ships on me at once :argh:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Today I managed to lock my keys in my car. I didn't know that was possible with a proximity key, but it is.

Thankfully I can unlock my car with my phone so it was only a minor inconvenience.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I need to inter-library loan a dozen items for the book I'm writing, but the local library only does two ILLs at a time. I offered to pay all the fees up-front, found all the accession numbers, nope, two at a time. I effing WORK at that library and it's two at a time. GRR.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I want to take a shower but I can't because my sister got there first and ran the hot water tank beyond capacity. Seriously, no one needs to take showers that last for 45 loving minutes, especially when you're not the only one in the house.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Jun 7, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend said she wanted to hang out today but now she won't reply to my messages. I think she's on another WoW kick.

Went to Panda Express today with my mom, and though their website says open at 10, their door sign said 1030. So we hit up a few stores, came back at 1030...and the lights were still off. I saw people inside, and waited, and finally I knocked on the door at 1045, and only then did they open up and let us and another couple in. The lady apologized but said the wait would be another 10-15 minutes for any food. She said the delay was because they couldn't get the safe open. And then on my receipt I have a survey option, and I want to be brutally honest about it, but I don't want someone to get fired.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I got super mad at a movie (Tomorrowland) and all my friends are like "Dude, we get it, but chill, it's just a movie."

Logically I know they're right, but I wish they'd share my rage of a thousand suns.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

queserasera posted:

I need to inter-library loan a dozen items for the book I'm writing, but the local library only does two ILLs at a time. I offered to pay all the fees up-front, found all the accession numbers, nope, two at a time. I effing WORK at that library and it's two at a time. GRR.

Borrow friend's library card? Just be sure not to incur fines!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Wedemeyer posted:

Borrow friend's library card? Just be sure not to incur fines!

Hmm. I wonder how many of my friends need to get library cards...

Also, the university library is 24/7 only for students. :saddowns:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I got a first world problem for ya

Not being able to complain about getting your career started while everyone I know continues to bitch and moan about trivial bullshit at their job like it's the loving state penn. As long as they got theirs it just becomes one of those awkward 'we'll that sucks BUT let's talk about meeeeeeee!' loop convo cycles anytime I bring it up.

Gee Ted, the copier at work is giving you trouble again? You're pulling in 70k sitting at a cozy air-conditioned modern style office space doing six hours of work a day at most while I'm over here working twice the hours a week between two jobs and pulling in a fraction of your take in comparison. Take your non-issues and shove 'em up your rear end in a top hat until you at least try to feign some interest in a real man's struggle

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to pay my friend money that I didn't think I'd have to pay QUITE so soon. Granted it's only like a week and he's not pressuring me or threatening my kneecaps or anything, but mainly I'll have to put on pants and leave the house tomorrow and I wasn't planning on doing that.

:negative:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I spent the long weekend sleeping in and staying up late and now it's 2am and I'm not even remotely tired, but I want to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I only have a one AC unit in my house and it's powerful enough to chill a large room but at the end if the night I have to move it from the living room to the bedroom 20 feet away.
I mean, it's on wheels but I just wanna floop down in my antique bed and watch Netflix.

My boss, whom I get along with really well, is leaving soon. I'm happy for him but we have no idea who will replace him. There's a good chance I will be promoted but I'd like to leave soon as well.

The AC in my office yesterday was a little too cold and I didn't bring a sweater. Today is even colder but I like it now.

My household income is significantly higher than it has ever been but we still fret over $200 due to conditioning.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have to go get fillings next week that may have to be a root canal. The stupid part is it's mostly due to genetic issues with teeth more than diet so I can't do much about it :(.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The WiFi is down

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I have to wait until Sunday to do what I planned for Friday.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My best friend was gonna give me his old video card but the new one he got is being a poo poo.

Technically this is more his problem than mine, but still. I was looking forward to the upgrade.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr E posted:

I have to go get fillings next week that may have to be a root canal. The stupid part is it's mostly due to genetic issues with teeth more than diet so I can't do much about it :(.

:( right there with you, buddy.
Almost no sugar in my diet, standard to low amount of coffee, flossing, xylitol products and I still have issues.

The bento I got for lunch is so spicy I have to eat it slowly. Better for digestion but I wanna put all that brown rice and avacado in my food hole!

I have the next two days off but forgot to order the books I wanted so I have to read some other pile of books.

Killing Floor 2 is a neat and cool game but they will wipe progress before release. "Cheating" my beta character to max level is the only way I can play before the wipe.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm waiting for a delivery. They'd said it would be here two hours ago which I thought was optimistic but I'm annoyed it isn't here yet.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The a/c in my truck went poof, and I live in the south.

Oh god the heat :negative:

Also, Shapeways told me there was a chance they could send my order to me upgraded because a print got messed up, and I'd get em in next day air, but they just sent it first class. I'm cool with it cause the lady said there was a possibility that it might not get upgraded shipping, but still, no next day air :(

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Apparently my neighbor has bought one of his children a drum set.

That in itself is annoying enough, but also, the child has no rhythm.

The girl I babysit loves to sing. She can't sing. Neither can I but I learned from a young age that I can't sing (when I was declined to be able to join elementary school choir).

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got a new PS4 and Destiny. The WiFi was down and apparently means I can't play Destiny even if I don't want to do the online multiplayer. Then today the WiFi came back but Destiny says it has to download a 7GB patch but that I can skip it if I don't want to play online. However when I launch the game it refuses to let me play till I get the patch. I am extremely cross right now

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
PayPal decided to use one of my non-default payment options on a purchase without letting me choose an option after I logged in, so now I have to move money around to not overdraft that account. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a memory foam mattress and dang yo that poo poo is dooooooooooooooooooooooooope.
I overslept a little bit this morning and my guinea pigs had to wait for their salad for, like, 45 minutes.