Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, i'd rather not go back to souls, but w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls 3 presented by... The C Team

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was satisfied with leveling my last guy to 60, but this new guy is more spread out, so i was thinking about 100. is there a compelling reason to stop at any one location or another?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
some people would tell you to stop at 100-120 bc of pvp but honestly in my experience you can just go as high as you want and still get invasions and coop and poo poo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like 70 because you can invade lots of places

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
100 is where most people stop to pvp so if you wanna pvp or find people to coop with thats a good place to stop. If you just wanna play through the game into NG+++++ and clear all the chalice levels and poo poo while sometimes invading or cooping then just level up as much as you want

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i shall do 100 then

i think the 15 arcane was sort of a waste given what i've seen of the utility spells so far, but it's fun to use them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the best utility spell is empty phantasm shell if you're using a wep that can be enchanted

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the best utility spell is empty phantasm shell if you're using a wep that can be enchanted

yeah, i just got to bergenwyrth, so that went into my belt. i beat the choir hunter in one attempt, which made me feel good.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i shall do 100 then

i think the 15 arcane was sort of a waste given what i've seen of the utility spells so far, but it's fun to use them

they got buffed at least to be less expensive

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think the one that turns you into messengers is better

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

they got buffed at least to be less expensive

if the hunter's bone was like twice as long it would be cool, and if beast roar had a second less time for cool down before you could act it would also be good, but otherwise they're both fairly useless

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was thinking about it today while walking, and was wondering if there're any major weapon archetypes that haven't been hit by the trick weapons. the only one i could think of were the curved greatswords, like the murakumo. maybe the sub-greatsword two handers, like the drakeblood sword or the bastard sword.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's no catalyst / magic staff equivalents, obviously. But that would be a cool idea to expand on, with the way bullets work as the new magic it would be like dual wielding pistols or something.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i was thinking about it today while walking, and was wondering if there're any major weapon archetypes that haven't been hit by the trick weapons. the only one i could think of were the curved greatswords, like the murakumo. maybe the sub-greatsword two handers, like the drakeblood sword or the bastard sword.

There's the dark souls 2 twinblades I guess

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

apropos to nothing posted:

apparently if you parry them, the parry window gives you i-frames through the frenzy going off so you take little if no damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

it's a good trick but i just backstab them for the same effect and more deeps overall

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
[ Bloodborne DLC Trailer ]
[ Hatred Guy Voice ] Welcome to the nightmare. *gunshot*

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There's the dark souls 2 twinblades I guess

i mean i guess

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess i'm more excited for off-hand weapons. a hook that pulls in weaker enemies and stagger larger ones would be really cool, although idk how the physics engine would handle that.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

i guess i'm more excited for off-hand weapons. a hook that pulls in weaker enemies and stagger larger ones would be really cool, although idk how the physics engine would handle that.

enemy locked into an animation and moved close to you much like epic teleportstabs from dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enemies can already strike you through solid walls because of hitbox weirdness and vice versa. Jankiness is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A NG+ weapon that changes its functionality based on what phase the moon is in

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
A weapon that has a transformation cycle, that goes through 3+ modes instead of 2.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a big club that can shoot bullets out the end, like a penis, or a kirkhammer weapon where you slam the short part into a big metal church bell on your back, again in the style of a penis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Saints Row Dildo Bat and it can't transform

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

the Powder Kegs reveal their latest creation

*revs chainsaw*

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

a big club that can shoot bullets out the end, like a penis, or a kirkhammer weapon where you slam the short part into a big metal church bell on your back, again in the style of a penis

that bell weapon from DS2, where the regular is a 1h mace that has the craftsman hammer moveset, and the transform is a big penis shaped thing that you can ring for an AOE

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
from the ds2 pc thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyRJ5u-L8qw

if it's real then,

movesets that you can equip independent of weapons
a new summoning mechanic involving sacrificing enemies, which gives you sin, and allows you to be invaded
bosses that change based on a world tendency system
back to sword and sorcery aesthetics, at least in the screenshots in the video

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
world tendency noooooooooooooooooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

World tendency owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Move sets independent of weapons seems nuts

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

World tendency owns

it was extremely difficult to manage in demons souls, especially when you were a dipshit like me and imported it based on cool screenshots and knew nothing about how it worked

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've got some doubts about the info, but the screenshots seem legit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I find it highly suspect that this random YouTube channel got the hot scoop

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

from the ds2 pc thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyRJ5u-L8qw

if it's real then,

movesets that you can equip independent of weapons
a new summoning mechanic involving sacrificing enemies, which gives you sin, and allows you to be invaded
bosses that change based on a world tendency system
back to sword and sorcery aesthetics, at least in the screenshots in the video

the first screenshot they showed looked like bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Fake and Gay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't sign your posts :D

Dec 26, 2012

I find it highly suspect that this random YouTube channel got the hot scoop

his cool uncle at from software hooked him up with a leak, and he will be right, next tuesday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the first char I beat Amelia first try. Blades of mercy are really strong, especially the dash + R1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in nightmare frontier there's a human headed spider hanging on the cliff that i've never encountered before. what is that?