Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Based on how everything's shaken down so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Jotaro dies next episode and Polnareff has to be the one who beats Dio. And somehow does.

I mean, yeah, that's almost definitely not going to happen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Am I the only one bowled over by the fact that Jotaro's school uniform has $2000 pants?

Dragonatrix posted:

Based on how everything's shaken down so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Jotaro dies next episode and Polnareff has to be the one who beats Dio. And somehow does.

Clearly Avdol comes back from the dead to save Polnareff from almost dying, allowing him to win somehow.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

His current outfit's a custom-made replica of his school uniform.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Am I the only one bowled over by the fact that Jotaro's school uniform has $2000 pants?

Given 1987 exchange rates it was closer to ~$1,300. They're probably custom-made since Jotaro's a little rich boy fashionista who wouldn't be caught dead in a regular school uniform for plebs. e: also he's a 195 cm tall Japanese high school student so he needs to get special pants anyways

Prison Warden posted:

Does Holly get a lot of money from her Dad or is Jotaro's dad like a super successful musician (as opposed to just some guy who plays at clubs and stuff every now and again)? Like Japanese David Bowie or something?

The Kujo family house looks more like an older estate, so maybe Jotaro's dad was also born into wealth? I don't doubt that the King of NY Real Estate Joseph Joestar would hesitate to spoil his daughter and grandson, either.

standard owl fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 6, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

standard owl posted:

Given 1987 exchange rates it was closer to ~$1,300. They're probably custom-made since Jotaro's a little rich boy fashionista who wouldn't be caught dead in a regular school uniform for plebs.

Does Holly get a lot of money from her Dad or is Jotaro's dad like a super successful musician (as opposed to just some guy who plays at clubs and stuff every now and again)? Like Japanese David Bowie or something?

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Prison Warden posted:

He's at least good enough to be performing overseas, which I think is what they said he was doing in the first few minutes of the first episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The whole reason Jotaro's dad is out of the picture for Part 3 is he's on tour, so I would say he's at least moderately successful.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Prison Warden posted:

I got the impression he's like a famous classical musician or something. He's definitely not japanese David Bowie though.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I thought it was him going into street punk mode with the standard "You ruined my exceedingly expensive clothing when you bumped into me, give me money to fix it." thing. Quite a bit of posturing, considering his grandpa is bleeding out about 20 feet away.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Whoops I was mistaken, only his coat was a replica.

So yeah, probably this

pointlessone posted:

I thought it was him going into street punk mode with the standard "You ruined my exceedingly expensive clothing when you bumped into me, give me money to fix it." thing. Quite a bit of posturing, considering his grandpa is bleeding out about 20 feet away.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guys, we're straying from what is actually the important discussion: how the gently caress Dio's pants work? I mean, look at that

How do they stay on? They're loose in front for maximum crotch comfort, but they don't seem to have any tightness at all on his waists. Is that also The World's power? Is Dio freezing time every other five seconds to make sure his pants don't fall off?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Dio's pants stay on because he commands it

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
His enormous thighs hold them up.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Dias posted:

How do they stay on? They're loose in front for maximum crotch comfort, but they don't seem to have any tightness at all on his waists. Is that also The World's power? Is Dio freezing time every other five seconds to make sure his pants don't fall off?

They look like they're attached to his belt, but only in the back. Imagine all the random poo poo that would just fall into those giant open leg tubes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

His enormous thighs hold them up.

Those ARE some Chun-Li thighs.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In the manga they're attached more obviously to his belt.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gjg3Ib-y54

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Haha nice fake from Joseph, but he's not really dead though...Right?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SpartanIV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5O_W8yDig4

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I thought the OVA did that scene just a bit better, but this gif is incredible.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lets listen to Kakyoin's character song to cheer up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49AGe3lkoY

oh...

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

submitting to out of context jojo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SpartanIV posted:

Well, Avdol's "I am dead" card didn't show up until two episodes later.

Take that as you will.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Dias posted:

Guys, we're straying from what is actually the important discussion: how the gently caress Dio's pants work? I mean, look at that

If you were DIO's pants, could you bear to part from his body?

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Seeing today's episode reminded me of the most truly important question of all:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

JDRockefeller posted:

Seeing today's episode reminded me of the most truly important question of all:

Yeah, I was wondering that. My theory is that either, he is using The World to, like, run underneath him holding him up, using Time Stop so it isn't as obvious, or it's yet another bullshit vampire power he's learned. Like, he is drawing in heat from his surroundings in order to super-heat his sweat, using the expulsion of boiling armpit juice to fuel him like a rocket.

Dio also has a gold aura all the time, while the only other aura we see is Kakyoin just before he dies. I'm guessing it's like a final-ripple style thing that Dio just gets to use all the time because he's technically undead.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, Avdol's "I am dead" card didn't show up until two episodes later.

Take that as you will.
I think they're saving Joseph's death card for the end. He can't truly rest until DIO has finally be purged.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, the Animation: Joseph and his Technicolor Slit Throat

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 6, 2015

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I don't remember DIO flying around like a DBZ character complete with an energy aura in the manga

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
for anyone who still doubts who's the best villain ever:

El Hefe fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 6, 2015

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

amuayse posted:

I don't remember DIO flying around like a DBZ character complete with an energy aura in the manga

Funnily enough, he actually does

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I guess. I just thought he was jumping from rooftop to rooftop like Hulk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I didn't remember Kakyoin and Joseph using their Stands like they're goddamn spiderman to get around Cairo and that was funny to me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

not a lot of opportunities/reasons to swing around like spiderman in a desert

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Moltrey posted:

I didn't remember Kakyoin and Joseph using their Stands like they're goddamn spiderman to get around Cairo and that was funny to me.

If I had a shred of talent, I'd loop up that scene with the 60s Spider-Man theme.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

DIO needed to make some budget cuts to get that flying thing

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

the wildest rear end posted:

oh...

Had someone told me that JoJo was an anime that would make me tear up 2-3 episodes in a row I'd have called them a bullshitter but here we are. RIP Kakyoin.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

the wildest rear end posted:

oh...

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Now that I think about it, it's really sad how Kakyoin must have first been entrapped by DIO. Dude's just so happy someone else can see his stand, then suddenly flesh bud :smith:

• Locked thread