Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The inkbrush is so much fun. It's basically a melee aerospray and it pairs AMAZINGLY well with ninja squid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You can't really use it like a normal roller, you have to take advantage of the fact that you're as fast as a squid when you're pushing it and then swing the thing like mad once you get into a fight.

I'm actually pretty excited if there's one on my team since they make rollouts way easier.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah this is like, the twitchiest weapon in the whole game. drat

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So the fest faction selection stuff for the event next weekend has started. The topic: Which do you have for breakfast, Rice or Bread?

I chose rice, because bread is poo poo. Fuckin' take that, bread lovers. You're going to be beaten to a pulp next week. :argh:.

As for the inkbrush: It's okay. Good at coverage, but I wish I could move the fire button down to the face buttons for it. Spamming the poo poo out of it does get you great coverage, but it really hurts my finger. Where putting the fire button on the face buttons would fix that issue. Eh, oh well :(.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Get good with the Paintbrush and the ladies will love you.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I...never considered rice as a breakfast food.

Truly, I am an American. Now give me my bacon egg breakfast burrito.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Except if you want to get to a splat zone first (where there's no enemy ink since you're just starting)

EDIT: The problem is that, even then, you only want one on your team, and with random teams, well...
Getting to a splat zone first isn't very helpful when you can't properly defend it, and will be unable to push off people when you're on offense either.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Man, the test area does the inkbrush no justice at all. I thought it was bad but decided to take it for a spin in Turf War anyway. I keep top scoring my teams with aerospray level scores and that's even when I keep forgetting to use the sprinkler :allears:

Probably much worse in Splat Zones, but who knows.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Drastic Actions posted:

So the fest faction selection stuff for the event next weekend has started. The topic: Which do you have for breakfast, Rice or Bread?

I chose rice, because bread is poo poo. Fuckin' take that, bread lovers. You're going to be beaten to a pulp next week. :argh:.

As for the inkbrush: It's okay. Good at coverage, but I wish I could move the fire button down to the face buttons for it. Spamming the poo poo out of it does get you great coverage, but it really hurts my finger. Where putting the fire button on the face buttons would fix that issue. Eh, oh well :(.
I assume this only happening in Japan right now? I assume they'd localize the question, since loving no one in the US eats rice for breakfast. Unless you're a weeb and lying.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The ink brush owns actually, you can pull the trigger really fast to put out a ton of damage over a wide area and then hold the trigger and just run away through enemy ink. It's a skill-based roller

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The inkbrush is insanely good.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

God drat ink brush is fun idk if it's good but I'm at new levels of splatoon enjoyment right now

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I just got 17 kills with it on Blackbelly. I'm sure people will learn to counter it like everything else, but until then, I'm having a hell of a good time.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Who cares if its good. It's super fun!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Worst Girl posted:

I assume this only happening in Japan right now? I assume they'd localize the question, since loving no one in the US eats rice for breakfast. Unless you're a weeb and lying.

Yeah, I didn't know if something similar was going on in the other regions or not. It was put up the same time as the brush.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just want to know when we can finally settle Team Cat vs. Team Dog.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Motherfuckers line up with their ink rushes and just suck down aerospray shits I dunno what's up with that

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I tested the inkbrush and thought it was amazing. I tried it in battle and I thought it was crap. I'll probably try it again eventually so I can figure out a better strategy for it, but for now I'm sticking with my usual.

First time I saw an opponent flick the brush around like mad I nearly died laughing. It makes the character look so goofy!

Also, I'm in NA and can't see Japan's chosen faction on their shirts. They all look like the same gray shirt. Didn't see a voting booth in my plaza yet; guess it unlocks tomorrow morning?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
NA and EU splatfests are coming later this month. NA question is if you prefer cats or dogs, and EU is pop or rock music.

Edit: Whoops, bit late. Also, huh, that's an interesting way of handling it, the grey shirt thing.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Do you do more damage the closer you are with the ink brush?

E: legit this is like the only weapon I can imagine using the disruptor well

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

NA and EU splatfests are coming later this month. NA question is if you prefer cats or dogs, and EU is pop or rock music.

Edit: Whoops, bit late. Also, huh, that's an interesting way of handling it, the grey shirt thing.

Oh oops, I am thinking of the wrong date because my calendar has too many weeklong things on it this month. Voting should open a week from tomorrow, I think, for the NA Splatfest on 6/20.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

oopsie rock posted:

Also, I'm in NA and can't see Japan's chosen faction on their shirts. They all look like the same gray shirt. Didn't see a voting booth in my plaza yet; guess it unlocks tomorrow morning?

Well it's a good thing I took a picture then, or else no one would know my allegiance in this thread :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Worst Girl posted:

I cook rice for breakfast.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The secret to the ink brush is to press the button a lot

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Roland Jones posted:

NA and EU splatfests are coming later this month. NA question is if you prefer cats or dogs

We all know this can only end with that motherfucker Judd rigging the vote in his favour.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Trash Boat posted:

We all know this can only end with that motherfucker Judd rigging the vote in his favour.

All you are saying is that cats are prepared to do what it takes to win.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i like winning it validates me as a person

you've become what you hate

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Anime Curator posted:

You would.

Trash Boat posted:

Like Judd even remembers what a dog is anymore.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nothing more satisfying than getting a level out of inking a ton of fools trying out the ink brush for the first time. Utterly destroyed a team full of 'em even, that'll teach kids what happens when you try new things. :smug:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Worst Girl posted:

excuse me but as an hispanic man i have eaten rice before i even knew what japan was and they have even served rice and spam for breakfast a couple of times while I was on my last unit a most glorious good old US of A boat.

I still prefer bread though...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
wow I've already gotten like 50+ yeah's on my lovely low-effort miiverse art

the value of timeliness I guess

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, for what it's worth, the RG will win 1v1 with the inkbrush 10/10 times. They simply cannot shoot far enough and freeze where they stand.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
any other weapon can outdamage the inkbrush, most at farther range. a shameful weapon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Anime Curator posted:

Worst Girl posted:

Unless you're a weeb and lying.

Anyways, I tried the ink brush out and have mixed feelings on it. Its fun but I dunno how you are gonna kill competent opponents with it. You pretty much have to ambush everyone other than rollers since the flick takes more hits to kill than most guns, so unless their aim is awful you're gonna get shot up. Its fun as hell though so I'm gonna keep trying it out. Also its the ideal weapon to make my squid look like as much of a slimy hipster as possible.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad at least that they understand how loving powerful movement is in shooters. I prefer them over-penalizing the inkbrush over the opposite

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Roland Jones posted:

I just realized that we're going to get a chunk of time where we'll only fight Japanese players who didn't pick a side. I don't know how I feel about that.

Also, do the Splatfest shirts have different stats?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Early assumption about very unique weapon

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I don't like playing as an Inkbrush, and as a standard-size Roller the Inkbrush is one of the few weapons that I have a real hard time dealing with. So far I'm finding the best solution is to just ignore the drat things and get actual coverage while they wiggle around trying to slap you to death. It's actually kind of hard for Inkbrushes to kill someone who's running away from them, even at rolling speed. You'll always win on coverage so just don't engage.

EDIT: I see a lot of love for various blasters on here, but none for the Kracken Roller. I've been consistently leading rooms for days with it. It's amazing.

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Silentman0 posted:

I just realized that we're going to get a chunk of time where we'll only fight Japanese players who didn't pick a side. I don't know how I feel about that.

Also, do the Splatfest shirts have different stats?

I think the guide mentions that matchmaking is different when the voting thing is going on. You can't get into a match until you vote, and once you vote the matchmaking goes into two phases, first looking up three people to partner you up with and then looking for a full team of the opposing vote.

• Locked thread