Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Phlegmish posted:

a lot of russians are really smart but their culture is hosed up due to centuries of authoritarianism and serfdom, a pattern continuing to this day

blame the mongols

Russia would have taken us to Mars by now if it weren't for the golden horde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The mongol invasion was just another Monday for them. Reminder that the ruling caste that weathered the mongols to become the first dynasty of tsars was Germanic descended because when the Slavs heard of vikings setting up as rulers of swathes of England, they pointed at that and said "yes that is perfect for us" and moaned at the vikings until they found someone dumb enough to bother with their backwater.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

^^^ that's totally bullshit, but Muscovites being a core of new Russian empire instead of Kiev or Novogrod was a terrible thing.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It still works to illustrate they were hosed up since time immemorial since that was the story they wished to present to the world, and it was compiled before the Mongols ever stopped by to visit.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mongols fixed alot of things.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
That "Lonsdale"-thing is done outside of germany, too? In the middle of a room full of swastikas?

To clarify: German Neo-Nazis wear Lonsdale to avoid the whole nazi-ban. By wearing an open jacket over that shirt, you can only read NSDA, the first 4 letters of Hitler's NSDAP. No idea why russian neonazis care about that.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 6, 2015

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Wipfmetz posted:

That "Lonsdale"-thing is done outside of germany, too? In the middle of a room full of swastikas?

To clarify: German Neo-Nazis wear Lonsdale to avoid the whole nazi-ban. By wearing an open jacket over that shirt, you can only read NSDA, the first 4 letters of Hitler's NSDAP. No idea why russian neonazis care about that.

He can be not aware of that. And just copy what he saw on The Internet.

E: But I linked that video not because of that. This guy is dancing while Lezginka plays on the background. This is a caucasian national tune and dance. Neo-nazis hate Caucasians.

EE: And swastika shaped snowflakes.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 6, 2015

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

zedprime posted:

Holding 40 kilogram of potato in pocket too much power for one man to have.

no one man should have all that tuber

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So a Russian teen got caught trying to go to Syria via Turkey to join ISIS

shame too, she could have been belle of the ball on the Yazidi rape markets

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Failed the Woodman casting, join ISIS instead. Well done.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Kirs posted:

E: But I linked that video not because of that. This guy is dancing while Lezginka plays on the background. This is a caucasian national tune and dance. Neo-nazis hate Caucasians.
So he's a caucasian-hating caucasian/russian neonazi, dancing in a Swastmas-themed room, wearing british fashion?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Wipfmetz posted:

So he's a caucasian-hating caucasian/russian neonazi, dancing in a Swastmas-themed room, wearing british fashion?

Russians are funny...in a weird way.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kirs posted:

National Potato Reserve. :homebrew:

slav equivalent of the Scrooge Mcduck gold vault?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Groodge McSquat

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wipfmetz posted:

They love caucasians but they hate Kavkaz

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What's the Russian Nazi's opinion on the Abkhazians and Ossetians? One would think they would be seen as brethern on political grounds, regardless of being members of the Persian ethnic family.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Heard a hilarious account today, amazing amount of Russian-speaking vagrants(tourists e.t.c.) 'spontaneously' appears around the Nato exercise area.

Bums, un-heard of in the northern sweden area for a century suddenly appear.

With a russian acccent, by pure coincident...

It's the mild summer, potato will flourish!

Lazer Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 7, 2015

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
This stupid commercial keeps going through my head reading this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5PqlrTxPkw

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33034844

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

What's the Russian Nazi's opinion on the Abkhazians and Ossetians? One would think they would be seen as brethern on political grounds, regardless of being members of the Persian ethnic family.
Not sure, but then the whole Right "movement" is split into a million small factions that have their own set of opinions on every issue. I'm sure there must be those who like Ossetia for whatever reason. A good example is how the whole Ukraine debacle has split the nationalists right down the middle. They either love what the government is doing there, or hate it with a passion.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
putin is as gay as a 3 kolions bill

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The epic story of the first cosmonaut on Mars. https://twitter.com/onmarsfirst

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Well. That sure demonstrated the superiority of the ubergenome.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

5er posted:

Well. That sure demonstrated the superiority of the ubergenome.

My favourite are the 40 year old fatass SS reenactors you see on youtube walking around some field huffing and puffing, 10bpm away from a heart attack. The absolute worst are the guys who dress in full SS regalia to go to a tank museum and make sure a friend has a video camera rolling at all times so they can handwave their totally inappropriate Nazi fetish as, "this is for a historical review video, I'm not racist".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blistex posted:

My favourite are the 40 year old fatass SS reenactors you see on youtube walking around some field huffing and puffing, 10bpm away from a heart attack. The absolute worst are the guys who dress in full SS regalia to go to a tank museum and make sure a friend has a video camera rolling at all times so they can handwave their totally inappropriate Nazi fetish as, "this is for a historical review video, I'm not racist".

Well, don't the same guys roleplay as the Confederates in the US?

Could stage a CSA - SS battle with lie ammo to help both countries' gene pool.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i

steinrokkan posted:

Well, don't the same guys roleplay as the Confederates in the US?

Could stage a CSA - SS battle with lie ammo to help both countries' gene pool.

am almost there

do not stop

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW9TSWegU60

Super Pooper!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

all this poo poo with ukraine, georgia etc
it just struck me. there is russian saying
"beat yours so others are afraid"

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I don't fear Russia but not for the reason Putin thinks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I don't fear Russia but not for the reason Putin thinks.

because it's a laughable paper tiger?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I fear the COD Modern Warfare Russia where they had enough babies to stage a 5 front war

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
it would take a ridiculous amount of babies. most don't see their first birthday cuz it's hard to stuff a potato into a baby bottle

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lufiron posted:

it would take a ridiculous amount of babies. most don't see their first birthday cuz it's hard to stuff a potato into a baby bottle

Nah, comrade its pretty easy if you soak them in vodka for a day or two first.

Then they mush right in!

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Lufiron posted:

Nothing is impossible with Skolkovo technologies.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Lufiron posted:

Real reason for Sino-Soviet split.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
jfc russia

quote:

In Russia’s official bid, Gaaze wrote, “Putin offered Blatter what no one else had ever offered him”: a complete exemption from Russian taxes and customs for Fifa and all other organisations involved in the World Cup, an exemption to the Russian law against alcohol advertising and the right for Fifa employees to bring in and exchange any amount of currency without any limits or customs declaration.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/06/fifa-scandal-fallout-russia-disbelief-threat-world-cup-2018

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

dr_rat posted:

Nah, comrade its pretty easy if you soak them in vodka for a day or two first.

Then they mush right in!

The Potatoes or the Babies?

Hermano
Oct 23, 2008
Does it matter? I was recently contacted by a Russian exchange student I was good friends with in high school. He wanted me to buy and ship him laptop batteries for a computer he bought here in 2004. Is that kind of thing hard to find over there. I figure they can get by with tatterbatteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

lol

quote:

The football historian Boris Dukhon called Blatter’s resignation a “political hit” and said calls by some British politicians to cancel Russia’s World Cup were a disgrace. “You had the 1966 World Cup, so why are you getting involved, let others have a chance!,” Dukhon said. “I’m afraid they will take the World Cup from us. Whether Blatter took bribes or didn’t take bribes, what does it matter? Is every one else totally clean?

Everyone takes bribes! Why pick on Russia?

• Locked thread