Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
They're going to end this season next week and I'm going to be really upset about it

e: This post would be clever if it wasn't the start of a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
God drat, this last episode was great. I'm hoping Peyton shows up at Rav's next week, but she probably won't. :(

So, who the hell was taking out the band if it wasn't the Max Rager enforcer? Someone else at Max Rager, getting in touch with them like they did with Lowell? I know we'll find out next week, but I can't help but (probably incorrectly) feel like they're setting up a 3rd party of zombies for next season.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 3, 2015

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Onean posted:

So, who the hell was taking out the band if it wasn't the Max Rager enforcer?

The one kid who was telling the dead kid in the dream that it wasn't worth risking "that much money" or whatever, I assume.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Could be, I suppose.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming they're going to pick that story back up next week seeing as we didn't really get any resolution with it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I loved the :raise: after the guy asking Major if he wanted a grenade.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

dik-dik posted:

Just started catchup up on this show and had to pop in to say "Meat Cute"? Awesome.

My favorite pun was early in the season when Blaine asked Liv to meet him at "that dog-friendly Internet cafe, Mutt Bowl Surfers."

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

They're going to off Major and I'm going to be really upset about it

Nah I think he's going to be turned into a zomboid.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Selachian posted:

My favorite pun was early in the season when Blaine asked Liv to meet him at "that dog-friendly Internet cafe, Mutt Bowl Surfers."

That's hilarious. Sad I missed that one. This show has a lot of great puns and pop culture references. I love that Sebastian is apparently a Game of Thrones fan.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The fact that Liv's brother just happened to pop into that butcher shop, while they had Major locked in there is quite convenient.
I guess now Major is aware, that Blaine knows Liv. This could be interesting. Maybe she manages to free him but he will act shocked since he found out that she is one of them and she deceived him all along.

She really should have told him when she had a chance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, their mom had been by there before and had gotten the application for him, so it didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Air is lava! posted:

She really should have told him when she had a chance.

Ya her not telling him is still super hosed up.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

It also just doesn't make any sense at all. Major seems like an incredibly devoted and motivated guy who would do pretty much anything for someone that matters to him. If there's one person I could see Liv being able to trust with this, it's him (not just because they were together for what, six years?). Maybe my reading of him is all wrong but my guess is that if she'd been upfront with him about what happened the whole time, she could have trusted him to keep it a secret. He's clearly willing to do a lot more than that for people he cares about.

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 3, 2015

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

dik-dik posted:

Maybe my reading of him is all wrong but my guess is that if she'd been upfront with him about what happened the whole time, she could have trusted him to keep it a secret. He's clearly willing to do a lot more than that for people he cares about.

I think your reading is right, but I think Liv's problem is that she doesn't want Major to know for self-loathing reasons.

Admitting the truth, even if she expected Major would believe her, would also permanently shift his perception of her. He might "accept" it and might not mistreat or reject her over it, but he'd potentially also view her as something other than what she was: a driven, composed, sexy girl who was his equal.

Seeing zombie-ism as an AIDS metaphor, Liv doesn't want Major to know because she doesn't want to elicit pity, or disgust, from a man she loved and wanted to marry.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Okay, yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. She definitely isn't the type of person who would handle being pitied very well.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I like how the four teens in the car were tv high schoolers and thus looked to be in their mid-twenties, but the girl's friend they interviewed looked like an actual high schooler, which made it seem like she was in Jr high.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one girl with black hair was on Arrow, also as a troubled teenager. If she survives I guess this could be a prequel to her part on that.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The funny thing is that Bex Taylor-Klaus is still like 21.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BreakAtmo posted:

The funny thing is that Bex Taylor-Klaus is still like 21.

She's got a lot of series roles for someone that young. Hell, she basically made the third season of the Killing not completely terrible.

also "I don't care if she's the bang of the century this chick has to go." is a great line.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Read posted:

Daran Norris is great in Veronica Mars too :>.

Aww look at Read growing up and learning actor's names!

You need to finish VMars mang.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

e: herp derp pointed out a thing that was redundant

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Xealot posted:

I think your reading is right, but I think Liv's problem is that she doesn't want Major to know for self-loathing reasons.

Admitting the truth, even if she expected Major would believe her, would also permanently shift his perception of her. He might "accept" it and might not mistreat or reject her over it, but he'd potentially also view her as something other than what she was: a driven, composed, sexy girl who was his equal.

Seeing zombie-ism as an AIDS metaphor, Liv doesn't want Major to know because she doesn't want to elicit pity, or disgust, from a man she loved and wanted to marry.

And with a cure seemingly on the way not telling him leaves the way open for everything going back to what it was.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cactus posted:

Nah I think he's going to be turned into a zomboid.

That's my guess too. Either on purpose because you can torture a zombie a lot longer than a regular person, or by hilarious accident because they don't realize how contagious it is. Punch a guy until your knuckles are bloody and you might just transfer enough blood for conversion.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I really enjoyed the fact they couldn't even be bothered to show Lilywhite loving up this episode. Just some high beams are flashed from behind him and two scenes later he's stripped of his weapons and tied up. Meanwhile Liv is easily taking down a trained assassin with her endless supply of kitchen knives and solving crimes. They strike a good balance in the end.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Niggurath posted:

I really enjoyed the fact they couldn't even be bothered to show Lilywhite loving up this episode. Just some high beams are flashed from behind him and two scenes later he's stripped of his weapons and tied up. Meanwhile Liv is easily taking down a trained assassin with her endless supply of kitchen knives and solving crimes. They strike a good balance in the end.

To be fair, she was hopped up on cheerleader brains at that point.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

dik-dik posted:

It's a sport!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

dik-dik posted:

B-E Aggressive!

I like how she was even still holding her own without going full zombie. Maybe she's collectively retaining stuff from previous victims and just getting stronger and stronger? Also gently caress, I'm super curious who killed the band members now since it wasn't the Max Rager assassin.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Aren't Liv and Blane the longest surviving zombies?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Niggurath posted:

B-E Aggressive!

All the cheerleaders at my high school seemed to say "BE BE AGGRESSIVE" so this show has either shown me that my high school was terrible, or teenage me's hearing was terrible.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Aren't Liv and Blane the longest surviving zombies?

That we know of, yes. As far as we know there were no zombies before the boat party, and Liv and Blane are the only boat party survivors.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
El policia capitan, senor.

As soon as he was revealed, I started getting the Sci-Fi Escalation Shakes, which is where you shiver in advance of the increasingly large conspiracy that is about to ruin your (Orphan Black) favorite (Sleepy Hollow) show (The Killing) but so far this show is still amazing.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
The captain was most likely turned by Blaine.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

oh jay posted:

either shown me that my high school was terrible, or teenage me's hearing was terrible.

Why not both?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Another episode of Major completely getting boned by life. Seriously, episode 13 is either going to have him guns blazing FINALLY saving the loving day and taking Liv by the arms in a glorious moment of devil-may-care, "I still love you," nonsense, or he's going to die and get turned into a zombie.

It would follow what the CW tends to do. You think he's dead, like practically every character on Vampire Diaries, until nope, magical tomfoolery, some ring poo poo, vampire blood, what have you, and poof, you're alive or undead! Same with the Lazarus Pit and Mirakuru bringing back loving everyone in Arrow.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Was the remaining band member killing Arrow-girl because he is a zombie now? I'd like a zombie outbreak being an indirect consequence of Liv turning that hitman.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Yeah, that's my best guess, too, but unless something happened and he's just always in full-on zombie mode I don't understand why he would be attacking her. So far everyone who we've seen get zombied has more or less been the same person that they were before.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

radlum posted:

Was the remaining band member killing Arrow-girl because he is a zombie now? I'd like a zombie outbreak being an indirect consequence of Liv turning that hitman.

If he was full on zombie he wouldn't have left the brains in the two people killed. Sebastion still had the flash drive with the memo when he went over the side of the boat so the band members probably rifled his pockets, found it and took off. A little later they check it out, find the memo and try to blackmail Max Rager. The room was tossed and there was blood on the bed before Cyn got there so it's probably the CEO pretending to be the third member to get her to bring the drive to him.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If he was full on zombie he wouldn't have left the brains in the two people killed. Sebastion still had the flash drive with the memo when he went over the side of the boat so the band members probably rifled his pockets, found it and took off. A little later they check it out, find the memo and try to blackmail Max Rager. The room was tossed and there was blood on the bed before Cyn got there so it's probably the CEO pretending to be the third member to get her to bring the drive to him.

Yeah, that part was weird to me. She's just had a couple friends murdered. Then she sees blood on the bed of sketchy hotel room and doesn't turn around and nope the hell out...opting to just waltz in instead? I know teenagers are dumb, but, c'mon.

Whoever killed her wasn't terribly professional either, since they didn't manage to make sure she wasn't dead enough to try and dial 911.

Anyways....season finale art! This one actually might contain minor spoilers, so, fair warning.

Looks like Liv is holding the cure? Can't tell if that's Major on the cell phone or Blaine. Possibly her brother? Hmmm...

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd love it if the end-game for this show is that most of the 7-8 billion people in the world end up as zombies, but they just keep going about their daily lives as normal and they now have a thriving human battery farm industry, and supermarkets that stock nothing but brains in their food departments. A happy side-effect of this is that the zombies people allow most of the animals that were previously cultivated to live free in the wild, left to their own devices because they have no use for them as food anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cactus posted:

I'd love it if the end-game for this show is that most of the 7-8 billion people in the world end up as zombies, but they just keep going about their daily lives as normal and they now have a thriving human battery farm industry, and supermarkets that stock nothing but brains in their food departments. A happy side-effect of this is that the zombies people allow most of the animals that were previously cultivated to live free in the wild, left to their own devices because they have no use for them as food anymore.

That would never work. A zombie seems to need about a brain a week. Call it 50 brains a year. That means the farms will need at least 50 women of childbearing age to make up for the consumption of a single zombie, but probably closer to 100 because very young and very old breeders are irregular. You can't really use in vitro to speed that up much, because while you can get more babies per birth the babies are smaller with smaller brains, and it takes the mother longer to recover between pregnancies. You also have to be raising the next generation of breeders. 100 humans per zombie is probably not enough, but whatever.

For 6 billion zombies you would need at least 600 billion living humans on farms, mostly women under 50 years of age. We can't possibly feed that many humans with current technology.

Realistically we probably can't have more than 50 million zombies worldwide before population collapse is certain. 50 million zombies wouldn't be enough to safely contain the 5 billion+ on farms and still have any sort of normal life themselves.

• Locked thread