Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Seems someone beat me to the punch.

This is Misery 2.0 lite:

http://ap-pro.ru/forum/94-9800-1

The graphic/sound updates of Misery 2.x without the actual terrible stuff, I guess.

Screens:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86351712@N07/sets/72157634879657437/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Found him, can't see any way to open the cage. Allegedly there's a button? On a wall?

Is there a key to the cell in a room near the entrance of the building? I seem to recall there being a guy in a room with some cupboards and shelves with some gear and a key. The room I'm thinking of looks out into an atrium with a staircase leading up.
Then again I could be totally wrong - it's been a while since I played that area.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Seems someone beat me to the punch.

This is Misery 2.0 lite:

http://ap-pro.ru/forum/94-9800-1

This is the graphics, sounds, and atmosphere of misery 2 with purely vanilla gameplay, while your idea I thought was misery 1 gameplay with effectively this mod overlaid. Both seem like good mods to have.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It looks like that doesn't have the HUD of misery 2.0 either which is a kind of large omission.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So Radium is making a lot of headway. Lacking something though, and that is good scope reticles.

Anyone interested in making some for the mod? As a bonus when you're done you get added to the team of people that can view and play the ever-updating internal alphas.

Basically nothing as simplistic as the vanilla scopes, please put a little effort into them.
Here are the reticles needed:
Standard PSO scope (wpn_crosshair.dds in vanilla files)
SVD scope (PSO-1 I believe)
1p59 scope
Acog 4x32
Acog 2x20
binoculars
RPG-7 scope
Gauss rifle scope (just make something up)
VPO-134 scope
Schmidt 1.1-4x Shortdot
Accupoint 3-9x40
Mil-dot sniper scope
G36 scope
FN2000 scope
XM8 scope
Susat scope with illuminated reticle

I think that's it at the moment. Long list though I know.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gromit posted:

Is there a key to the cell in a room near the entrance of the building? I seem to recall there being a guy in a room with some cupboards and shelves with some gear and a key. The room I'm thinking of looks out into an atrium with a staircase leading up.
Then again I could be totally wrong - it's been a while since I played that area.

If the settings are the same as the regular SOC, the button is on the wall, it won't highlight when you mouse over, but it's like the only thing on the wall aside from bricks.
Dude with the key is the bandit leader, key is for the lab that he stole off the Duty guy you're trying to rescue

Saint Sputnik posted:

Is there a way to stealthily do this to where the kill doesn't count against you?

Knife at night when no one's looking and the guys are all relaxed?
Exploding barrels if you can find'em. Otherwise no, your killing him will mark you with his squad

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 24, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SocketWrench posted:

If the settings are the same as the regular SOC, the button is on the wall, it won't highlight when you mouse over, but it's like the only thing on the wall aside from bricks.
Dude with the key is the bandit leader, key is for the lab that he stole off the Duty guy you're trying to rescue

Knife at night when no one's looking and the guys are all relaxed?
Exploding barrels if you can find'em. Otherwise no, your killing him will mark you with his squad

I found a way to cheese it, during an emission. I lost some rep but not enough to make them hostile -- probably because I didn't have to kill the squad member who was dumb enough to walk through an anomaly while running from the storm and get himself exploded.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I found a way to cheese it, during an emission. I lost some rep but not enough to make them hostile -- probably because I didn't have to kill the squad member who was dumb enough to walk through an anomaly while running from the storm and get himself exploded.
I love stalker so much

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Saint Sputnik posted:

I've actually sorta done this to get shitloads of ammo and artifacts. Skipped the brain scorcher and went into Pripyat, slept till an emission and went back to the red forest map to hide in that little checkpoint building. The blowout will gently caress with you, but by then you should be able to take it easy. All the Duty/Freedom guys are down at the crossroads waiting for you to cross the trigger point on the path to the scorcher to start their firefight, but because of the blowout they all sprint for that shack you're hiding in till the blowout kills'em all. just gotta be quick searching bodies because packs of dogs/bloodsuckers/whatever start coming by to gently caress you up, and you specifically.

Also, finally found the MG-3, what a spectacular pile of garbage

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Is ZRP still the mod if you want the closest to vanilla SoC without all the bugs?

and is ZRP 1.07 R5 RC the one I should use, or go with an older one?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
ZRP is the one to go for, yeah. Just get the latest version.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
How easy/hard would it be to be able to export the 3d models in the game to a program which I could use to manipulate them to print them out as 3d miniatures using a resin 3d printer? Or would it be easier to just start from scratch on something like Z-Brush and make them myself so I have ones which are more rounded and true to life than perhaps some of the stuff in the game is like.

I've been putting together a force for the tabletop game Infinity, using the 'Ariadna' army (basically, humans using regular modern styles of weapons to go up against dudes with robots, advanced weaponary, and cybernetics out the wazoo), but I want to make it Stalker themed. By that I mean basic dust masks on the basic troops, gas masks for advanced, and the Sphere and SSP Helmets for the more advanced dudes. Oh and some of the armour types and looks from Call of Pripyat. The current miniatures I have have some of these styles, but it's not uniform. So, being able to print out various helmets, heads, masks, or even full miniatures would be really cool.

I beat Misery (finally), but I was a bit bummed out at how easily the storyline was wrapped up. I was thinking it was going to be something more climatic, like the end of SoC. I am now going back in for a replay using a Recon. It's really, really hard, but that's something I quite enjoy about it. That and the fantastic way the zone looks, with great use of browns, greys and greens to give it a very pre-winter or post-winter vibe. Love that. The constant crashes in Jupiter poo poo me to tears though. It'd be the perfect mod for me if I could just stop the game crashing so much. The only extra mod I added was the scope mod a guy did to unfuck the scopes from being distorted if you chose a larger depth of field or screen resolution. Other than that, once you know how to do stuff in the game, what risks and rewards there are, the game is great fun. Currently running about with a silenced MP5 'Frasier' and having a whale of time.

I also went trolling the net for anything Stalker related, and bought two of each of the 1/35 decal sets that were made using iconography from Stalker. There is faction decals for Duty, Freedom, the Stalkers, Bandits, Scientists,Mercs, one for the UN, Clear Sky, Monolith and even the Sin. There are a couple of other badges shown, but I don't know what faction they are from, but they look cool regardless. I'll be using them on my miniatures to give them a nice touch and form them into the different groups from the game. Even thinking of buying some 1/43 scale Russian cars and trucks to wreck just to use as terrain for the game.

Stalker is a great FPS game, but it's the rich background and lore and setting which just really sparks my imagination so much. I love this loving game so much.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Microbiology bachelors/masters/doctorate in training. It's the game that clinched my urge to visit the Zone. I wanted to go there to study radioactive bacteria eventually, but camping loner style sounded awesome too. Of course, a permit would be needed and any people I see would probably be armed looters.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Missing Name posted:

Microbiology bachelors/masters/doctorate in training. It's the game that clinched my urge to visit the Zone. I wanted to go there to study radioactive bacteria eventually, but camping loner style sounded awesome too. Of course, a permit would be needed and any people I see would probably be armed looters.

Go check out those fungi with a bunch of melanin that live off the radiation near the reactor. That's just the coolest poo poo.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So I'm planning to play Call of Pripyat, never played any other STALKER games before but they look super cool.

I have no compunction with heavily modding games on my first playthrough, especially mods that add content like weapons and the like. What's generally recommended to use? Some of the links on the first page are out of date.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Dark Project posted:

How easy/hard would it be to be able to export the 3d models in the game to a program which I could use to manipulate them to print them out as 3d miniatures using a resin 3d printer? Or would it be easier to just start from scratch on something like Z-Brush and make them myself so I have ones which are more rounded and true to life than perhaps some of the stuff in the game is like.

I've been putting together a force for the tabletop game Infinity, using the 'Ariadna' army (basically, humans using regular modern styles of weapons to go up against dudes with robots, advanced weaponary, and cybernetics out the wazoo), but I want to make it Stalker themed. By that I mean basic dust masks on the basic troops, gas masks for advanced, and the Sphere and SSP Helmets for the more advanced dudes. Oh and some of the armour types and looks from Call of Pripyat. The current miniatures I have have some of these styles, but it's not uniform. So, being able to print out various helmets, heads, masks, or even full miniatures would be really cool.

I beat Misery (finally), but I was a bit bummed out at how easily the storyline was wrapped up. I was thinking it was going to be something more climatic, like the end of SoC. I am now going back in for a replay using a Recon. It's really, really hard, but that's something I quite enjoy about it. That and the fantastic way the zone looks, with great use of browns, greys and greens to give it a very pre-winter or post-winter vibe. Love that. The constant crashes in Jupiter poo poo me to tears though. It'd be the perfect mod for me if I could just stop the game crashing so much. The only extra mod I added was the scope mod a guy did to unfuck the scopes from being distorted if you chose a larger depth of field or screen resolution. Other than that, once you know how to do stuff in the game, what risks and rewards there are, the game is great fun. Currently running about with a silenced MP5 'Frasier' and having a whale of time.

I also went trolling the net for anything Stalker related, and bought two of each of the 1/35 decal sets that were made using iconography from Stalker. There is faction decals for Duty, Freedom, the Stalkers, Bandits, Scientists,Mercs, one for the UN, Clear Sky, Monolith and even the Sin. There are a couple of other badges shown, but I don't know what faction they are from, but they look cool regardless. I'll be using them on my miniatures to give them a nice touch and form them into the different groups from the game. Even thinking of buying some 1/43 scale Russian cars and trucks to wreck just to use as terrain for the game.

Stalker is a great FPS game, but it's the rich background and lore and setting which just really sparks my imagination so much. I love this loving game so much.

If you ever do, I'd be interested in a model of the power plant...i want to do my new fish tank later this year in a chernobyl/Pripyat theme

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Missing Name posted:

I have the same thought as well, but more for the sake of exploration and historical importance than any biological studies. This and Metro: 2033 solidified my interest in Russian and Ukrainian culture.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think Pripyat and the like are all looted out.

What's surprising is that there are actually people who live in the area. Illegally, of course, but there's a few villages of people who continue to live around there despite their children getting horrible cancers etc. :smith:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/hanging-out-with-the-only-residents-of-chernobyls-exclusion-zone

I really need to update the OP. I've been putting it off for ages but I'll get around to it sometime over the weekend.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

What's surprising is that there are actually people who live in the area. Illegally, of course, but there's a few villages of people who continue to live around there despite their children getting horrible cancers etc. :smith:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/hanging-out-with-the-only-residents-of-chernobyls-exclusion-zone

I really need to update the OP. I've been putting it off for ages but I'll get around to it sometime over the weekend.

I think a lot of the copper wiring and stuff got ripped out of prypiat a while ago. Enjoy the radioactive wolves kids!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Ddraig posted:

This is like a real life "The Village" except the M. Night Shyamalan twist is the crazy undiscovered genetic mutations they all probably have.

I wonder if a kid who is born in an area with a good amount of radioactivity, and their parents and grandparents have been exposed to radiation for a long time or even their entire life, are they more resistant to radiation and radiation sickness?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
More likely their genetics have deteriorated more and more with every generation :smith:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When the screen does that slow side to side sway what does that mean and how do I stop it
How do I lower the bridge into liminsk

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 9, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
If you are talking about tfw, I think limansk is impossible to get to.
as far as swaying is concerned, there are a bunch of things. vanilla game has a little sway even when full kneeling to snipe, I think thats lessened with handling or accurracy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dvsilverwing posted:

This is like a real life "The Village" except the M. Night Shyamalan twist is the crazy undiscovered genetic mutations they all probably have.

I wonder if a kid who is born in an area with a good amount of radioactivity, and their parents and grandparents have been exposed to radiation for a long time or even their entire life, are they more resistant to radiation and radiation sickness?

Radiation doesn't work like the flu. it'll just constantly gently caress with your genetics till your family line ceases to exist. And it's not just one thing that's loving you. you're getting Gamma and Beta waves from plutonium, americium, iodine 131, and a host of other radioactive substances. Generally you have a chance of surviving, if you get prompt help, up to like 500 rads (the amount of radiation absorbed by the body whether all at once or over the years) at which point your body is pretty much hosed beyond being able to recouperate and you slowly rot to death from the inside.
Reading through Medvedev's work, Lt Pravik was going strong despite his lethal dose and a host of cancers that started and the loss of his salivatory glans along with his tongue swelling up till he couldn't speak, but because all his skin and hair were dead all they could do was watch him slowly die over weeks as his body fell apart. Others suffered damage such as destroyed muscle tissue which limited their movement and went through spasms of vomiting and bowel movements around the clock till their bodies died. Radiation is absolutely horrible.
It's not like a disease either in that you can't just get rid of it. That's why most (if not all) workers that received their lifetime accumulation in no matter what period of time are retired from their positions because more exposure just adds onto what they already have

V I've read a couple stories, one about a group of guys that got busted for trying to loot a helicopter so they could turn it into a coffee shop. Reports said it was still emitting dangerous levels of radiation. another came from a soldier stationed there that found a couple guys dead in a car they tried to loot because the radiation hosed them over while they were trying to get away over a period of a day or two

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 15, 2015

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

frank.club posted:

I think a lot of the copper wiring and stuff got ripped out of prypiat a while ago. Enjoy the radioactive wolves kids!

I've been to Pripyat and they looted everything. Manhole covers in were looted. I'm kind of surprised the bumper cars and ferris wheel remained mostly intact, but all the electronic bits and motors powering them were long gone.

http://imgur.com/3wJYPKG

You can see where the motors powering this used to be, and there was nothing in there. Basically, if it had value, and you could carry it, it's not in Pripyat anymore.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I must have hosed up badly on my install of Tourists Delight, or whatever Ddraig made previously, as I reinstalled from scratch a while back and the gameplay is much more interesting suddenly, the enviroment is nowhere near as sterile, however, I miss some of the effects faction exo's have, especially the bandit one, compared to mods of CoP.

Also requesting a mod, as i dont have the faintest idea how to insert oggs or comment them, I think a sample of "What a strange trick" needs to be in stalker.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Okay, so I installed The Faction Wars. Found the initial group of Stalkers on the road, and my guy mentioned creatures so I guess I skipped a encounter or something. Now I've spent like half an hour running around Duty's base, and it seems the commander won't accept me. How do I get a gun, for starters?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

staberind posted:

I must have hosed up badly on my install of Tourists Delight, or whatever Ddraig made previously, as I reinstalled from scratch a while back and the gameplay is much more interesting suddenly, the enviroment is nowhere near as sterile, however, I miss some of the effects faction exo's have, especially the bandit one, compared to mods of CoP.

Also requesting a mod, as i dont have the faintest idea how to insert oggs or comment them, I think a sample of "What a strange trick" needs to be in stalker.

I believe I only released that for Lost Alpha and it's broken as gently caress, unfortunately. The SoC one is sort of dead now, especially as OGSE is pretty much already out and has absolutely everything I wanted to include and more.

I'm working on Radium now with our very own Swartz which is a really exciting COP project that has a ton of new engine features since we have access to the source.

To give an example, there's going to be a completely rewritten surge system, since we now have an engine function that determines if an actor, and possibly an NPC, are inside any building. So the surge covers are now largely redundant, as if you're in a building of some kind you're now safe.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal

I also have a channel where I posted a few early dev stuff for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEcCWgpS4c

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the radium link, I'm glad its going well, if there is any retexturing or "graphical variety" work you want done, I'd love to help,
I have yet to finish LA but TD makes it a lot more playable, at least until the directors cut comes out.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Azran posted:

Okay, so I installed The Faction Wars. Found the initial group of Stalkers on the road, and my guy mentioned creatures so I guess I skipped a encounter or something. Now I've spent like half an hour running around Duty's base, and it seems the commander won't accept me. How do I get a gun, for starters?

To join any faction, you're going to have to do a whole lot of bitchwork to actually get in with the cool kids. The faction trader should give you the missions you need to do, and those are generally easy poo poo like killing a stalker or mutants. To get a gun you could get lucky and find one off of a freshly dead stalker or you could just wait until the murderchopper makes a run

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Robot Randy posted:

To join any faction, you're going to have to do a whole lot of bitchwork to actually get in with the cool kids. The faction trader should give you the missions you need to do, and those are generally easy poo poo like killing a stalker or mutants. To get a gun you could get lucky and find one off of a freshly dead stalker or you could just wait until the murderchopper makes a run

Which one is the Duty faction trader? I found a guy in the main building and then another one on the canteen and they had nothing to give me at the moment.

Also were there any enemies in the initial area I somehow skipped?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The faction wars starts you off in the tower that allegedly has a bloodsucker nearby but I don't think there actually is one.

You just have to meet up with the stalkers who will take you to a faction base.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

The faction wars starts you off in the tower that allegedly has a bloodsucker nearby but I don't think there actually is one.
no no, there is one :froggonk:

Dont play horror games with expensive headphones if you are susceptible to sudden, violent movements after being scared.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

Or join Mercs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mercs start off with good gear but they need it. It's definitely a fun faction to play, but do take note that you don't start off with a base so you need to be aggressive with your expansion to get a home camp set up.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Finished another playthrough of SoC with ZRP. This time around I tried for a specific ending and got it. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Man, that's good stuff.

I've never completed CoP, only played it for a few hours if I'm honest. Are there mods for CoP like ZRP? Kind of a bugfix, vanilla+ vibe to them? I saw Absolute Nature, that looked neat. I did search this thread and found it a bit hard to follow for CoP mod status and such. (sorry)

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
love that Swartz name on ModDB is 'Swartzy'

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

crestfallen posted:

Finished another playthrough of SoC with ZRP. This time around I tried for a specific ending and got it. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Man, that's good stuff.

I've never completed CoP, only played it for a few hours if I'm honest. Are there mods for CoP like ZRP? Kind of a bugfix, vanilla+ vibe to them? I saw Absolute Nature, that looked neat. I did search this thread and found it a bit hard to follow for CoP mod status and such. (sorry)

Call of Pripyat doesn't really need any huge bugfixes.

For a vanilla+ experience I'd recommend Call of Pripyat: Special Edition

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=6459&sec_id=19

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Ddraig posted:

Call of Pripyat doesn't really need any huge bugfixes.

For a vanilla+ experience I'd recommend Call of Pripyat: Special Edition

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=6459&sec_id=19
Thanks Ddraig. I did see the note about "no mods needed, necessarily" in the OP and was just curious if there were any that had the ZRP vibe. I may check your suggestion out. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Ddraig posted:

I believe I only released that for Lost Alpha and it's broken as gently caress, unfortunately. The SoC one is sort of dead now, especially as OGSE is pretty much already out and has absolutely everything I wanted to include and more.

I'm working on Radium now with our very own Swartz which is a really exciting COP project that has a ton of new engine features since we have access to the source.

To give an example, there's going to be a completely rewritten surge system, since we now have an engine function that determines if an actor, and possibly an NPC, are inside any building. So the surge covers are now largely redundant, as if you're in a building of some kind you're now safe.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal

I also have a channel where I posted a few early dev stuff for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEcCWgpS4c

I am glad someone is doing something with the source. I had a real good poke around in it thinking I could port it to SDL and opengl but I kinda thinks its too big a job for a hobby........

I found the copy protection code amusing though :)