Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wait who the gently caress wanted a ray Romano sequel, the only really good part was Carrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Utawawhatever had one of the dumbest plots I've ever seen. I think it wraps around from being so bad its good to just being kind of bad.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I think Karen's booty line was her saying I need the treasure, which being a pirate obviously means she needs the booty.

Utawarerumono was a lot of fun but it was not a good show. I will still probably watch its sequel because I liked it because I like bad things.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Not really the right thread to ask this question but I'm lazy. Does anyone have any recommendations for good third party software that I can download onto my laptop to play blurays? My drive can play blurays I just don't have software to play them with. I want to watch my amines in glorious 1080p and my tv is only 720p.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

MPC-HC?

or Potplayer?

Or if your system is decent enough use Kawaii Codec Pack which has MPC automatically set up with madVR which will upscale videos pretty nicely
and it has a haruhi logo so you know it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dotJPG posted:

MPC-HC?

or Potplayer?

Or if your system is decent enough use Kawaii Codec Pack which has MPC automatically set up with madVR which will upscale videos pretty nicely

I don't need this software but I'm going to download t anyway

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dotJPG posted:

MPC-HC?

or Potplayer?

Thank you very much. My system is great so I'm going to see if I can get KCP to work.

Edit: nice av by the way

littleorv fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 7, 2015

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I started watching Armor Hunter Mellowlink.

I am enjoying dude-on-foot-MacGuyvers-victory-against-dudes-in-ATs so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to watch shirobako again, even though I watched it live and it only ended a few months ago, and I'm in the middle of finishing chihayafuru, because I miss the girls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don-don donuts, let's go nuts!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm going to watch shirobako again, even though I watched it live and it only ended a few months ago, and I'm in the middle of finishing chihayafuru, because I miss the girls.

I miss the girls already

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Don-don donuts, let's go nuts!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to start watching Mind Game now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
LoGH S2 down.

Good job you stupid assholes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot how abrupt the time skip edit is, and how sad it is.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I forgot how abrupt the time skip edit is, and how sad it is.

You die if you work...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Shirobako thread is the best show specific thread in this forum.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I am watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and it is good. However, I feel like there is a layer of subtext besides the puns that I am missing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab post the GJ-bu hair brushing gifs I know you have them.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

I am watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and it is good. However, I feel like there is a layer of subtext besides the puns that I am missing

one of the sub groups had a shitload of footnotes that they put at the end of each episode, unfortunately i forgot which one
there's probably a tvtropes page about it :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anyway, crunchyroll needs to loving make an editorial decision about whether they do names Japanese order or Western order. I don't care which, just pick one for fucks sake.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

Namtab post the GJ-bu hair brushing gifs I know you have them.

have this one

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

good morning, chat thread!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jostiband posted:

good morning, chat thread!

Good night, Chat thread. I'm way too tired to finish Mind Game, and I have to get up really early for work.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

a kitten posted:

one of the sub groups had a shitload of footnotes that they put at the end of each episode, unfortunately i forgot which one
there's probably a tvtropes page about it :v:

No like the show is hiding something from me

I feel like I'm watching anime Jacob's Ladder and something unexpected is going to happen. The plot is obfuscating a theme

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

No like the show is hiding something from me

I feel like I'm watching anime Jacob's Ladder and something unexpected is going to happen. The plot is obfuscating a theme

ooooo gotcha

Well that's not a bad thing to feel while watching.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Good night, Chat thread. I'm way too tired to finish Mind Game, and I have to get up really early for work.

mind game will still be there tommorrow. Anime will never betray you!

Zero_Tactility posted:

I started watching Armor Hunter Mellowlink.

I am enjoying dude-on-foot-MacGuyvers-victory-against-dudes-in-ATs so far.

For some reason I really enjoy Dude vs Mech, or Tank vs Mech a lot more than the standard Mech vs Mech.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Humbly requesting the epic 'shop of the Don-Don Donuts! shot with the weird CGI girl holding a huge Goodyear tire in her hand.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The seventh stand user is kind of fun. I get to live my own Jojo Fanfiction story.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I've actually started watching Shirobako, too. Finished the first two episodes, but I'm too tired for more anime tonight.

Though, all of the P.A. Works stuff I've seen (Glasslip, Tari Tari, and Hanasaku), Shirobako so far is much more entertaining than Glasslip. It was such a bizarre show, and I'm still not really sure what they were going for with it. I guess it looked nice.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I thought this episode wouldn't make me cry because I read about it beforehand. I was wrong.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The kuwabara pretty face gif

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kuwabara, Kuwabara

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Madoka Rebellion movie being on Netflix finally got me to watch it. It had some cool rear end fight scenes. The ending was more open-ended than the series', and I don't like ambiguity. :(

I think the twist at the end needed a little more foreshadowing, but at least it was consistent in making me feel as unsettled as I did the whole rest of the movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rebellion is so good

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'll watch Rebellion one day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

littleorv posted:

I'll watch Rebellion one day
Get the gently caress to it man.

• Locked thread