Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

hell fuckin yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Does Viz Media put out a quality print product?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Usually. The exceptions are definitely, well, the exceptions.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Excellentttt

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://bato.to/read/_/325173/onepunch-man_ch48_by_nerieru-scans I'm absolutely sure Saimata is going to do the right thing :getin:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Of course he will, that's why he's a hero after all

:getin:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Only with Onepunch-man would I be excited for filler.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Aw, he doesn't want to have to beat up that kid later. :shobon: Garou Did Nothing Wrong

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it wrong to want the offering of a banana to become Saitama's default greeting?

Bernardo Orel posted:

http://bato.to/read/_/325173/onepunch-man_ch48_by_nerieru-scans I'm absolutely sure Saimata is going to do the right thing :getin:

Of course he is, distributing bananas to everyone does cost money. It's a public good, really.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'm impressed at how much mileage this comic has gotten out of simple wacky misunderstandings. I could read it forever.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Bernardo Orel posted:

You gotta love License-less rider's smile at Saitama's excitement.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
All that's missing at the end is an Always Sunny style title card: "Saitama Commits Identity Theft"

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
"He's set to breeze through the S-Class heroes. Soon it will be my turn!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pictured: The face of a man who is TOTALLY READY FOR THIS

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

OmegaDimension posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-05/one-punch-man-to-debut-in-print-in-n-america/.88946

Print volumes coming to America! The first two volumes in September and then the rest will be released bimonthly.

I'm looking forward to Murata showing up to my house to redraw the pages every so often.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crain posted:

I'm looking forward to Murata showing up to my house to redraw the pages every so often.

He comes in like the summer wind, and as he leaves, all your walls are painted just a bit better.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beyond the obvious gags, I like how Saitama's reaction to Garou is nothing but sheer excitement. After all, Saitama wanted to become strong to be a hero, and then became so strong that any enemy he fights is beaten in a single blow. Now? Now he gets to fight someone who uses strategy rather than power, someone who might actually give him a fight! It's easy to understand just why he'd be happy for this.

Hopefully he'll offer Garou a banana too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Definitely getting the vibe that Garou is far less of a... well... monster than he likes to present himself as. It'd be interesting to see how his other victims have fared.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
So what chapters would be included in the first 2 volumes?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
For a monster that hunts heroes he sure doesn't seem to kill a lot of them, only put them in the hospital

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

For a monster that hunts heroes he sure doesn't seem to kill a lot of them, only put them in the hospital

That still makes him at least some sort of antisocial sadist.

Guys an rear end in a top hat.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Crain posted:

I really shouldn't be laughing at this post as much as I am

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

tlarn posted:

I really shouldn't be laughing at this post as much as I am

"What are you doing?"

"Don't mind me." *Starts erasing a spread*

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Being an army of clones might explain Murata's art powers, actually.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Huh, that's an interesting parallel that this extra stuff made clear: while Garou is fighting like a human (technique) to defeat heroes, Saitama is fighting like a monster (power) to defeat monster.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

oh gosh, a tournament arc.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am excited at the prospect of a One-Punch Man tournament arc.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Bad Seafood posted:

I am excited at the prospect of a One-Punch Man tournament arc. single panel ending in Saitama being banned from martial arts for life.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bob Quixote posted:

That still makes him at least some sort of antisocial sadist.

Guys an rear end in a top hat.

To be fair, that puts him on level with like half of the heroes we've seen so far.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be fair, that puts him on level with like half of the heroes we've seen so far.

No doubt, but at least half the time their violent tendencies are directed at the monsters who routinely show up and kill hundreds to thousands of regular innocent human beings seemingly on a near daily basis. This guy is going around intentionally punching out mankinds only real defense against extinction (except that its actually Saitama but neither he nor the other heroes know that).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The next batch of official translations are out and Saitama's official hero name is Bald Cape.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Bald Cape.

Say what now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That's horrible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I didn't like that phrasing at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it.

It works perfectly if you think of it as the Super Hero Association thinking so little of Saitama they can't even bother to arrange those words in a more natural order.

"He's bald, he's got a cape...Bald Cape, done."

"Wouldn't Ca-"

"ON TO THE CYBORG."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Genos is still Demon Cyborg.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, it sounds awkward, but in a sense it's possibly better because it's more transparently two characteristics.

I mean his only other name is One Punch Man and no one of any importance knows and everyone else has just said "well he doesn't seem to care soooo".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Caped Baldy is more insulting, but Bald Cape is more indifferent, and I think I like the indifferent reading better.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I like it just because it seems to fit with the weird naming scheme a lot of the manga's heroes go for to me. This is the manga with Metal Bat, Watchdog-Man, Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask, Superalloy Darkshine, various Tanktop users and so on. Bald Cape slots in with those to me no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, Caped Baldy is more insulting, but Bald Cape is more indifferent, and I think I like the indifferent reading better.

Agreed, It's pretty much the most no-effort name they could have gone with and I think that's perfect.