Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Que tomorrow the producers not understanding why everyone hates Stannis now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Serious question: while shireen is screaming in agony, will Stannis correct her grammar?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

This show is stupid and I hate it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Oh Jesus Christ.

Why is Stannis supportive of the idea and Selyse against it?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, assuming that actually happens: maybe Ramsay's sneak attack has something to do with it? He wounds Shireen or something and Stannis burns her to kill two birds ... you know, gently caress it, I can't explain any sense into burning her.

Well, aside that Ramsay kills Stannis before it happens.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
If his army's stranded without enough food to get to either Castle Black or Winterfell and the choice is either burn Shireen so Melisandre can save them with magic or have everyone starve/freeze to death, then I guess I can see it working out.

OTOH, it sounds like they're going well past the point of implausibility with Ramsay's plot armor - apparently an army of thousands that is snowed in and in danger of starvation will be keeping such a loose guard on its food reserves that they can all be destroyed by a band of twenty saboteurs.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Those spoilers are from the same person who said the others stab Jon and drag him away, fwiw

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I don't understand, other than I guess Stannis winds up being full blown villain by the end of this.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
So will burning Shireen actually do anything magically. Jon doesn't die until next episode.

radlum
May 13, 2013
At least if Shireen burning works in some way, the Stannis plot could be saved, as in a "he made terrible choice but it paid off", but since this is GoT I really expect that nothing at all happens and he loses anyway.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I'm just going to laugh if years later we figure out they had no direction from GRRM and literally couldn't figure out the difference between killing of a liked character for a thematic reason or just doing it to be all pansy subversive ~TV edgy~.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I'm just going to laugh if years later we figure out they had no direction from GRRM and literally couldn't figure out the difference between killing of a liked character for a thematic reason or just doing it to be all pansy subversive ~TV edgy~.

We've known this to be the case for years now.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

this_is_hard posted:

Those spoilers are from the same person who said the others stab Jon and drag him away, fwiw

Yeah these aren't exactly things that people haven't already said will probably happen in this very thread. Shireen getting burned, never expected that twist.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

monster on a stick posted:

Yeah these aren't exactly things that people haven't already said will probably happen in this very thread. Shireen getting burned, never expected that twist.

He had pictures though. And that summary took lines word for word from the episode, which hadn't been in any trailers.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

this_is_hard posted:

I can't comment on the person's previous 'spoilers' since I didn't see them but there's a cap of shireen literally being tied to a pole and Melissandre watching over her (and then there's also that shot from the trailer of Selyse lying on the ground, looking up in despair). I'm inclined to believe it.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Ape Gone Insane posted:

I can't comment on the person's previous 'spoilers' but there's a cap of shireen literally being tied to a pole and Melissandre watching over her and then there's a shot from the trailer of Selyse lying on the ground in despair. I'm inclined to believe it.

Yeah true, there just HAS to be more to it. It would make 0 sense for stannis to do a 180 from just an ep or two ago without a bit more than 'Ramsay burned my supplies'

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Dany: https://i.imgur.com/tS7dqmb.jpg
Shireen: https://i.imgur.com/8eMTILm.jpg

Episode summary: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/38wf05/spoilers_all_episode_9_summary_read_at_your_own/

User that took the screens verified the summary. Apparently the episode was accidentally leaked on Dish on Demand.

I guess this replaces the Pink Letter for the show. Davos shows up at Castle Black begging for supplies and men, Jon agrees, it's the last straw for Potato Boy (who just happened to have a scene where he recited the most important parts of the oath of the Night's Watch) and he ganks Jon Snow.

Still so loving stupid though.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

This is literally the case and has been for the vast majority of the show. D&D get notes from GRRM, do their own thing, allow GRRM to write or contribute to the big episodes (Blackwater, Red Wedding, etc). The fat man just collects a paycheck, gets some set visits and does the con promotions.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

More pics: http://i.imgur.com/bHIE8sA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iTHlyan.jpg

drat.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I hope that first shot looks better in motion because lmao

That's some Neverending Story poo poo right there, and not in a good way.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Welp, that does it. You had a good run show Stannis in this season, I hope book Stannis is really dead so he doesn't get to do this.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

radlum posted:

Welp, that does it. You had a good run show Stannis in this season, I hope book Stannis is really dead so he doesn't get to do this.

I mean, surely Stannis has to remember that killing Shireen will make House Baratheon extinct... Right?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I get that there's a pretty general moral ambiguity for a lot of the characters, but there's really no one to root for between Stannis and the Boltons, huh? Root for Sansa to go all Stoneheart? Assuming that Shireen isn't on the brink of death when she's burned, that is.

this_is_hard posted:

I mean, surely Stannis has to remember that killing Shireen will make House Baratheon extinct... Right?
This is why I'm hoping thinking there's more to that scene, because it's really obvious and dumb.

On the other hand, D&D.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

The summary makes it sound like she consents to be burned.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

this_is_hard posted:

Thankfully, Robert fathered a whole bunch of bastards to guard against this eventuality!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Ape Gone Insane posted:

The summary makes it sound like she consents to be burned.

That first screen cap doesn't look like she consented to being burned

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Dany: https://i.imgur.com/tS7dqmb.jpg
Shireen: https://i.imgur.com/8eMTILm.jpg

Episode summary: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/38wf05/spoilers_all_episode_9_summary_read_at_your_own/

User that took the screens verified the summary. Apparently the episode was accidentally leaked on Dish on Demand.

Woa

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Hahahahaha this show is AWFUL

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Abner Assington posted:

I get that there's a pretty general moral ambiguity for a lot of the characters, but there's really no one to root for between Stannis and the Boltons, huh? Root for Sansa to go all Stoneheart? Assuming that Shireen isn't on the brink of death when she's burned, that is.

This is why I'm hoping thinking there's more to that scene, because it's really obvious and dumb.

On the other hand, D&D.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

I unironically hope Jon is dead permanently

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I'm the guy who has the technical ability to steal GoT episodes but has to watch them on a lovely CRT with dithering problems.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I actually relieved that at least we wont have to see Shireen getting raped.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I hope everyone is dead by the end of the season and the White Walkers march effortlessly to the very end of Westeros and there are no sixth and seventh seasons.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
At least Agamemnon had other children.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dik-dik posted:

Is it better or worse than posting 5 times in a row, though?

it doesn't keep you from posting consecutively, it keeps you from posting alternately, and it's real stupid for the reasons taear said

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wow, seriously? gently caress.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/xefzjsG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vFY9cXU.jpg

Goddamn

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress yeah

Genetic squares
Feb 17, 2009

It's all going square
I seriously hope that guy is just trolling

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Does this mean Stannis is a repeat kinslayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
"I told them all to go to hell."

"Actually, yeah, burn her. Even though Balon is still alive."

I will cling to the hope that Stannis does not consent to it till I watch it play it out on screen.

I always knew David and Dan hated Stannis but jesus christ. Season 5 is a trainwreck.

• Locked thread