Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

*pushes up glasses in cool anime way* competition seems weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am the weird off-model dude in the audience, cheering but not actually moving, that they keep panning back to and sweeping over whenever something exciting happens in the fight

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am the Hercule of the ADTRW tournament arc.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm the guy that looks mysterious and intimidating, perhaps with a mask or deep hood, and I get paired up against the talented young'un, and he's super worried, but when the time comes for us to fight, it turns out I'm just a super goony guy who entered 'cause I thought the chicks would dig it, and I go down in one punch soon after my face is revealed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i am the really fun and interesting character who inexplicably never appears again after the tournament arc despite getitng a lot of focus

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm the weirdo.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm the weirdo.

Yeah, but what about in the tournament?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm K. Flaps.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm Kuwabara. Basically I'm toast unless my waifu shows up.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 7, 2015

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gay

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am scalping tickets outside.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PotU posted:

i only watch shows about high schoolers doing nothing

Something is better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*The Lovable Plutonis brutally slaughters all the homos on this thread with a barrage of bullets and throwing knives*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PotU posted:

you wanna do death in anime, do it like in tokyo magnitude. saddest show, sadder than grave of the fireflies. really good show, deffo a recommendation from this poster

There was a few scenes in that show in one episode where it was kinda like, yeah, this horrible earthquake would be terrible, but we have some really cool robots we could break out and so there would be a silver lining.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boom boom boom posted:

Something is better

have you considered that maybe this would be more watchable with some cute girls instead? i have

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PotU posted:

have you considered that maybe this would be more watchable with some cute girls instead? i have

I considered that and decied it wouldn't

Although apparently a very mild romance develops between the main guy and the girl who hated him and thought he was a disgusting gross nerd in the beginning, and that could be cool

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

PotU posted:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

PotU posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

don't be silly, girls can't ride bikes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

Although apparently a very mild romance develops between the main guy and the girl who hated him and thought he was a disgusting gross nerd in the beginning, and that could be cool

This the main character

This chick becomes his love interest in the third season, according to people who read the manga

I'm p. excited for that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo the idea of a girl suddenly being interested in a weird nerd because he got good at a sport is kind of dumb and weird

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

imo the idea of a girl suddenly being interested in a weird nerd because he got good at a sport is kind of dumb and weird

You're pretending that people in high school weren't dumb and weird.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Yowamushi Pedal ftw. Biking is cool.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I mean, maybe if he got really good at Magic the Gathering...

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

PotU posted:

After careful deliberation with Andy and Frank, I have come to a decision: No.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PotU posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

don't be silly, girls can't ride bikes

not the same kind of bike, but

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

At first she just knows him as a weirdo anime nerd who wants to start an anime club. But she keeps getting dragged to bicycle races and she gets to see him in a different context, and by the end of the second season, she understands that he's actually a pretty impressive guy. It felt pretty natural to me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Biking is not cool

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

littleorv posted:

Please post in the Fate/Stay Night thread.

Would you recommend that for me? I have been searching for a new anime...

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

The show is pretty decent to good but the thread is absolutely terrible. There is also no sex unfortunately.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Biking is not cool

Actually, it's

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Budget Prefuse posted:

i love jojo but it's ridiculously over the top and not a single death is taken seriously. also i watched dragon ball z on cartoon network as a kid so i wouldnt know anything about that but im sure it's not as brutal as this was

They cut a lot of the more brutal stuff in the dub like raditz vomiting blood

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm the guy that looks mysterious and intimidating, perhaps with a mask or deep hood, and I get paired up against the talented young'un, and he's super worried, but when the time comes for us to fight, it turns out I'm just a super goony guy who entered 'cause I thought the chicks would dig it, and I go down in one punch soon after my face is revealed.

Beef, please namechange this guy to Za_Wizzardo, thanks!

Also riding bikes is fun and I wish I was riding one now

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The only uncool thing about bikes are the helmets.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The pants?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the pants are good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

Play the game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

rofl if you wear a helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are some cool bike helmets out there but it costs more money to not look like a clown.

• Locked thread