Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maarek posted:

At the current rate of bad threadification by the time we hit season 7 this thread is going to be the forum equivalent of that snuff video from Event Horizon, just with 'valar morghulis' instead of latin.
Such is how Game of Thrones shall fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Who said there was going to be a season 7?

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
For fucks sake. I can only hope that this turns out to be a bad dream (Stannis wakes to the tents burning) or maybe he is shown this in the flames and then tells the priestess to get the gently caress out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Also this throws out the theory that Jon is rezzed because Mel burns Shireen. So how is Jon gonna get rezzed? Lol I bet the showrunners just kill him off.

This is some Bioware esqe writing.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Make an image of Tyrion's boat adventures detailed on the book side and then on the show side leave it blank

Do the same for Sam because he will most likely leave in episode 10 and appear right in front of oldtown in the next season

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kater posted:

Who said there was going to be a season 7?

The producers and everybody else involved with the show.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also this throws out the theory that Jon is rezzed because Mel burns Shireen. So how is Jon gonna get rezzed? Lol I bet the showrunners just kill him off.

This is some Bioware esqe writing.

bioware writing is way more enjoyable than game of thrones has ever been

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what was the point of that part in the books with the indolent singer who hosed sam over and got assassinated by arya

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Based on the Ep10 preview I bet we still get a pink letter, except this time it's completely legit.

Also Stannis is totally going to get dunked on by Littlefinger.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Major Fucker posted:

bioware writing is way more enjoyable than game of thrones has ever been
Says the rapist.

Bioware never created a single compelling character.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So like is Davos going to get killed or incapacitated or something while all of this is going on? Cause if they make him get on board with this then good grief.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

steinrokkan posted:

Says the rapist.

Bioware never created a single compelling character.

Tali in Mass Effect 1 was pretty cool. She was the spunky 'lil sister who took no poo poo from anyone.

Then because of fan service they made her Shepard waifu because they're terrible

radlum
May 13, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

So like is Davos going to get killed or incapacitated or something while all of this is going on? Cause if they make him get on board with this then good grief.

If he is the one that gets Jon to leave the Watch and get stabbed, I'm guessing he dies with Jon

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

colonel_korn posted:

He's not there, he was sent back to the Wall to get supplies (he'll be the last straw for the stabbing most likely).

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

colonel_korn posted:

That would be a safe assumption considering he's not in the scene where Shireen is burned.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

El Hefe posted:

you must see little kids and old women get flayed, people get their head caved in by giants and 14 year old girls get raped all the time that you don't even flinch

you're such a badass

No, but I can differentiate between TV and real life :iiam:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

colonel_korn posted:

Right or wrong he's our king - Davos 2015

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Abner Assington posted:

I hope that first shot looks better in motion because lmao

That's some Neverending Story poo poo right there, and not in a good way.

It's fitting because ASOIAF is a story that we'll never see the end of.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
On his way back to the Wall, Davos gets attacked by Rickon Umber at Last Hearth.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If these burning images are what they claim to be, they may convinve me to stop watching this shitshow.

Hopefully Melisandre decides to murder the girl only to be killed by the Davos & Stannis dream team. :swoon:

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Davos is the show's Pink Letter, which means that he got sent to the Wall and may serve to tell Jon that, hey, he should totally do something about the whole situation.

e: Also, I want to remind everyone in the thread that last year, everyone was predicting that either Grey Worm or Missandei would be killed off because they got a romance. And pretty recently, some people were predicting that Jorah would sacrifice himself heroically in Daznak's. Sooo, the show is not totally predictable yet.

meristem fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 7, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davos' plane spun out, there were no survivors :smith:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Davos has stockholm syndrome.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

WeAreTheRomans posted:

No, but I can differentiate between TV and real life :iiam:

it really is a mystery how nothing on tv provokes an emotional reaction from you

I wonder why you even watch tv

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

meristem posted:

e: Also, I want to remind everyone in the thread that last year, everyone was predicting that either Grey Worm or Missandei would be killed off because they got a romance.

Well yeah, but people were under the illusion that Grey Worm and Missandei would actually be in this season

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

meristem posted:

Davos is the show's Pink Letter, which means that he got sent to the Wall and may serve to tell Jon that, hey, he should totally do something about the whole situation.

e: Also, I want to remind everyone in the thread that last year, everyone was predicting that either Grey Worm or Missandei would be killed off because they got a romance. And pretty recently, some people were predicting that Jorah would sacrifice himself heroically in Daznak's. Sooo, the show is not totally predictable yet.

I'm thinking Davos shows up to ask for supplies, Jon isn't sure what to do, and then the real pink letter arrives - except this time it's from Littlefinger after he uses Ramsay's siege ambush from the book to wipe out Stannis and Boltons (almost entirely off screen of course).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Midnight City posted:

Well yeah, but people were under the illusion that Grey Worm and Missandei would actually be in this season

Two characters nobody cares about, I wonder about their future.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

A Major Fucker posted:

shes barren or something

They have oodles of kings blood in the form of those fetuses that she keeps in jars. It'll be funny if they never bring them up again, another one of those 'show does something because it seems cool at the time' deals.

Probably wouldn't work anyway because it's blood magic (i.e. the thing has to be sacrificed) that's important, not king's blood, but w/e.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

steinrokkan posted:

Two characters nobody cares about, I wonder about their future.

They'll stab Tyrion and rape Arya while Ollie nods

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why isn't queen's blood useful for anything.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol women are just whores

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because patriarchy.

Some people on WOTW suggest that the Inside the Episode suggests that the burning is a book scene. Inside the Episode hasn't leaked yet, so who knows if it's true, but it may be worth keeping in mind.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Make an image of Tyrion's boat adventures detailed on the book side and then on the show side leave it blank

Already been done.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dienes posted:

Already been done.

This one doesn't really work.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I like when someone chooses a username with "angry" or "sarcastic" or "cynical" in it because you immediately know you can ignore everything they say

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
More proof that Tommen is the right choice. One True King Tommen 2016.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Linguica posted:

I like when someone chooses a username with "angry" or "sarcastic" or "cynical" in it because you immediately know you can ignore everything they say

I dunno about that.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

meristem posted:

Because patriarchy.

Some people on WOTW suggest that the Inside the Episode suggests that the burning is a book scene. Inside the Episode hasn't leaked yet, so who knows if it's true, but it may be worth keeping in mind.

If it is indeed a book scene, it would most likely be a burning performed by Selyse and Mel instead of Stannis, which drastically changes everything about it (and it is pretty likely to happen in the book)

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

vintagepurple posted:

More proof that Tommen is the right choice. One True King Tommen 2016.

Tommen, Myrcella or both have to die this season.

Personally i'm hoping Varys puts another notch on his belt during the crossbow scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I just can't see Stannis burning her, especially not show Stannis. He probably gets incapacitated in some way and then Shireen is screwed because Mel and Selyse overrule Davos.

• Locked thread