Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

The Taint Reaper posted:

you would be able to exist the game with no consiquence.

what i would give to exist a game with no consiquence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wildtortilla posted:

Whew, Mission 003 is cleared. Hopefully I go back to enjoying this game, I liked every moment of it up to 003.

If it's any credit the first 3 missions while fun aren't terribly terribly interesting, 004 is when the levels get pretty crazy and fun.

I still enjoyed 003-C though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Old School nintendo (from NES to n64) was on top of the game and like Michael Jordan in basketball.

New School nintendo(from Gamecube to Wii-U) is not that great and is like Michael Jordan playing baseball. A few hits here and there between a slew of misses, but no slam dunks.

Maybe the NX will start to turn things around for their console division because they're still neck and neck with the Xbox One

*Reads post*

*Gets up, walks to the bathroom, shuts the door*

*Reaches into his pants to inspect his taint*

drat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

everyone please be more like Kazuma Kiryu

http://i.imgur.com/j1CZiHh.gifv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 7, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Old School nintendo (from NES to n64) was on top of the game and like Michael Jordan in basketball.
Nintendo's performance on the N64 was trash and worse than the GameCube.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Nintendo's performance on the N64 was trash and worse than the GameCube.

Actually the gamecube's hardware and software both sold significantly less than their n64 counterparts.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

because they're still neck and neck with the Xbox One

this is ridiculously not true because there are a lot of great wiiu games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

Please tell the rest of the world that, they don't seem to take notice.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does the Nintendo world store have any events for E3 like a watch party or something? I'm going to be in Manhattan with my kid during E3, and I wanted Nintendo World Store to be one of my stops this trip anyway.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

greatn posted:

Does the Nintendo world store have any events for E3 like a watch party or something? I'm going to be in Manhattan with my kid during E3, and I wanted Nintendo World Store to be one of my stops this trip anyway.

I think they did one last year or the year before. Someone had posted footage on youtube but from the looks of it it's crowded as gently caress and probably doesn't smell the best.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

greatn posted:

Usually, I can imagine if they're selling amiibo at the same though for whatever reason the store would become a mobbed mess.

Edit: For reference, here's a video of the line at the store the night of the amiibo wave 4 and Splatoon launch.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 7, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Don't listen to the bad man. You keep on playing cool video games and don't worry about your taint.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Don't listen to the bad man. You keep on playing cool video games and don't worry about your taint.

thank you. i am playing some awesome games currently :> (paper mario and metroid 1 this weekend!) plus yeahing all kinds of funny posts in the miiverse

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fake reciept should have had all four games that weren't on his fake

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

VideoGames posted:

thank you. i am playing some awesome games currently :> (paper mario and metroid 1 this weekend!) plus yeahing all kinds of funny posts in the miiverse

Good luck with the first Metroid! That was one of the games I had as a kid that I never actually beat, just because my dumb kid brain couldn't figure my way around. At least with the original Zelda I could identify where locations were relative to each other using the map. Surprisingly, there are actually a lot of NES games I can remember playing but never beating - Metroid, Bubble Bobble, TMNT, etc.

I wonder what kind of memories kids will have playing today's games as they grow up? It's really neat to hear stories about people playing games with their kids, since my parents never did anything like that. Modern games definitely have more forgiving mechanics, and I think it's good that they have more co-op options so people can play together. I hope couch co-op and that style of gaming continues to be successful so that we can see more games support it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

TBH the Wii U is literally the best console to own since the GameCube. Before then the Dreamcast .

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
*has fond memories of Zelda 1*
*has never played the second quest*
*is a sweet summer child*

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually the gamecube's hardware and software both sold significantly less than their n64 counterparts.

Was referring to their performance as a software developer, not a console manufacturer. Their N64 games were not really very good, in general.

edit: oh wait all you care about it sales why am I talking to you

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Was referring to their performance as a software developer, not a console manufacturer. N64 games were trash.

edit: oh wait all you care about it sales why am I talking to you

Software-wise on the gamecube wasn't all that great either, the Mario Parties scored all far less than the n64 ones, Donkey Konga 1-3 was junk, mario Sunshine scored less than mario 64, there was no rareware games outside of Starfox Adventures and that was less of a game than any of their other offerings, you had some gems like Metroid Prime 1 and 2 but the N64 had stuff like Goldeneye and perfect Dark. Turok was also a big deal exclusive series on the n64 having both Turok and Turok 2 help push the n64 into notoriety. The N64 had far more support from other companies than the gamecube did, and in turn these companies pushed out more exclusives for the n64 which made more people want to buy it.

The n64 had many cutting edge games for it's time outdoing the competition, gamecube was very lacking and slacked a ton. You had PS2 games easily beating the Gamecube ones in the exact same genre. Stuff like Shadow of the Collosus easily stood above and beyond nintendo's adventure offerings for the same peroid. The Gamecube couldn't even beat Halo, a multiplayer genre that just a generation before was pretty much all on on nintendo's systems as far as consoles went.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 8, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
N64 games looked like trash but were pretty drat good. However every GameCube iteration of every N64 franchise was better and more polished. Wind Waker > OoT. Sunshine > 64. Double Dash > MK64 excepting battle mode. Metroid Prime and Pikmin > those franchises not existing on N64, Thousand Year Door > Paper Mario. Melee > Smash, etc. The GameCube was a better ownership experience to the N64 in every conceivable way.

LOL, Taint Reaper must be pretty desperate trolling if he is trying to pretend anyone ever gave a poo poo about Turok.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hmmm humm well you see mario party didnt have as high a metacritic score hummmm *adjusts glasses*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

Hmmm humm well you see mario party didnt have as high a metacritic score hummmm *adjusts glasses*

C'mon it's well known that all Mario Parties fell from grace after Mario Party 3.

It's like saying that the third Ninja Turtles live action movie was poo poo, it's common knowledge.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The 64 was good imo because I didn't have to bother finding my glasses when playing it, since everything was blurry as poo poo anyway.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
For once I agree with The Taint Reaper. Mario Party hasn't been the same since the N64 era.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

HARUMPH!

*puts on Mario Party glove and prepares for rotation blisters*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Infinitum posted:

HARUMPH!

*puts on Mario Party glove and prepares for rotation blisters*

See that was the problem they removed all the original and unique dangerous pain inducing minigames.

I mean geez even the recent ones started to copy poo poo from mario Party clones like Sonic Shuffle. It was ripping off ripoffs which were ripoffs of itself.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

greatn posted:

N64 games looked like trash but were pretty drat good. However every GameCube iteration of every N64 franchise was better and more polished. Wind Waker > OoT. Sunshine > 64. Double Dash > MK64 excepting battle mode. Metroid Prime and Pikmin > those franchises not existing on N64, Thousand Year Door > Paper Mario. Melee > Smash, etc. The GameCube was a better ownership experience to the N64 in every conceivable way.

LOL, Taint Reaper must be pretty desperate trolling if he is trying to pretend anyone ever gave a poo poo about Turok.

Also, Gamecube probably had better 3rd party games than the N64.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spacebump posted:

Also, Gamecube probably had better 3rd party games than the N64.

all the third party games that the Gamecube had the other two systems had. It was pretty much just relying on nintendo for it's own exclusives. And stuff like Lost Kingdoms and Baten kaitos was easily trounced by stuff that was on the PS2, the PS2 was the RPG king.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 8, 2015

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

greatn posted:

Sunshine > 64

this is extremely hosed up

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Taint Reaper posted:

all the third party games that the Gamecube had the other two systems had. It was pretty much just relying on nintendo for it's own exclusives. And stuff like Lost Kingdoms and Baten kaitos was easily trounced by stuff that was on the PS2, the PS2 was the RPG king.

I wasn't comparing Gamecube to it's competitors, just the N64.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

absolutely anything posted:

this is extremely hosed up

Yeah Sunshine is the low point for all the 3d marios. Galaxy 1 and 2 were better than it and I give 64 leeway because it was the first of it's kind.

Sunshine is the Adventures of Link of 3d Marios.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Treebeh posted:

For once I agree with The Taint Reaper. Mario Party hasn't been the same since the N64 era.

5-7 are pretty good. 4 was trash though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Sunshine is the Adventures of Link of 3d Marios.

Not really. It's like LttP if they rushed it out the door with a third of the dungeons and added a lovely sidequest about collectables you have no way of tracking.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I will never forgive the removal of playable Donkey Kong.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It should also be known that the n64 fetches a much higher price on the secondary market compared to the Gamecube. LOTS of people just adore the system so it easily goes for 2x-4x the price of a Gamecube in the same condition. The N64 is the reason why the "Not Banjo Threeie Please Don't Sue Us" Kickstarter made a shitload of money in 24 hours. N64 was the King of Platformers, Shooters and Multiplayer games. The Gamecube is the master at none of these.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Treebeh posted:

majormonotone posted:

5-7 are pretty good. 4 was trash though

I'm fond of 9 and 10 too. Though my favorites are still the N64 Mario Parties. (Minigame Island! Minigame Stadium! Costumes for your characters! Duel Mode! :swoon: Not to mention I liked a lot of the boards in all of them.)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I can't wait for a new Donkey Kong game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Anyone who doesn't like Reggie should be executed irl

Theta Zero posted:

I can't wait for a new Donkey Kong game.

This sounds like a joke post, but if Retro only did DKC games from now on, I would be 100% A-OK with that. Returns and Tropical Freeze were nearly perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The N64 had Ogre Battle 64, which is a better game than any of the Cube's third party offerings.

Cube wins in 1st party though purely due to TTYD and Chibi Robo.

• Locked thread