Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I do a gently caress load to my 401k, that and a retirement fund . If all goes according to plan, I can retire in 10 years.

what do you actually do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I do a gently caress load to my 401k, investments, and a retirement fund . If all goes according to plan, I can retire in 10 years.

Good job. We had the same plan until my wife got pregnant so our contributions are going to shrink considerably. :sigh:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Smoking Crow posted:

what do you actually do

Cloud Engineering. I am really young for my age in this vendors just give me "hey wanna work for us" I get an offer letter, show it to my boss and they offer higher. It happens alot, my previous boss was like "Look bring in a 95k offer letter and I will match it".

That was a good day

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 8, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
What do you guys think about Level E? I see a lot of good reviews and I liked the first chapter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What do you guys think about Level E? I see a lot of good reviews and I liked the first chapter.

The anime is completely great! Haven't read the manga.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
level e was so werird but pretty good

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

i wish I was as good at trolling as that show.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The first three episodes act as setup for one big joke and it's fantastic.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Thinking about picking this up as well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-Legend-...355214806&rt=nc

Honestly I want to buy both and see what vendors sign off with when I tell them I want to buy 500k worth of poo poo. I hope they choose correctly.

Who would want to spend that much money on a product who's only function is to be thrown across a room and shatter dramatically?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Jostiband posted:

Who would want to spend that much money on a product who's only function is to be thrown across a room and shatter dramatically?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

That falls more in the Treasure Forever And Sigh Longingly category to be honest.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I like reading romance manga because it's the closest I ever get.

same

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dilbert As gently caress, have you ever thought about purchasing The Something Awful Forums.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The Devil Tesla posted:

Dilbert As gently caress, have you ever thought about purchasing The Something Awful Forums.

No, Lowtax owns.

I think I met him once or twice when I was really drunk and some PAX stuff.

All I remember is me offering a bottle of jager, and us all going "Time to forget tonight!" then we all talked about SA and got really drunk. Not sure if that was lowtax or not at PAX east, but it was oddly familiar.

It's like when I met moot, I just talked about Databases, web poo poo, and life poo poo. All he was saying was "Wow you aren't talking about %site%", didn't get why I should discuss poo poo already talked about.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 8, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

lol

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Samurai Champloo?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My run was good. Now it is time for anime.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Level E.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

My bad, debating if I want to accept some job in tokyo or not
https://www.dice.com/jobs/detail/90...UP_JS_AV_OG_RC_

debating if I should do it

All that anime!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

If you're going to spend that much on a pen at least get a fountain pen instead of some lovely ballpoint. :getin:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If I ever take a vacation to Japan, I've been thinking about getting to the countryside as soon as possible. If my Japanese won't be a problem, and I accept that Japan is not a land of pure anime, is that a good plan?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Having watched Non Non Bioyri and Barakamon, yes.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Level Slide posted:

If I ever take a vacation to Japan, I've been thinking about getting to the countryside as soon as possible. If my Japanese won't be a problem, and I accept that Japan is not a land of pure anime, is that a good plan?

check out the japanese WWOOF site. its basically working on farms and poo poo for free food and shelter, language mostly doesnt matter. doing that this summer

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Japan is about 50% anime/manga and 50% beautiful women.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

and im 100% about that

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

PotU posted:

check out the japanese WWOOF site. its basically working on farms and poo poo for free food and shelter, language mostly doesnt matter. doing that this summer

I'm sure if I watch enough anime I will become fluent in Japanese subconsciously.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Level Slide posted:

I Dunno I travel a lot for my job, Japan is really loving weird. Like even Vegas is more normal....

I can understand conversational japanese now, but holyshit is japan loving weird. All the meals are small as poo poo, everyone is like 5'6'' TOPS. All I do is go their explain "so yeah like you need to run vmware VDI this way so to golden imagine is on SSD, that way you reduce the IOPS count a tenfold", then all the companies want to do s go drink and watch soccer(football) every night.

Japan is really odd to visit. Glad Siri can translate most things I ask.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

littleorv posted:

I'm sure if I watch enough anime I will become fluent in Japanese subconsciously.

its a bullshit language, man

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
AT LAST

the gargantia ova is fully subbed

...but it's still the godawful ones that did the first ep of it

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Really? I guess I missed it last time

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

"so yeah like you need to run vmware VDI this way so to golden imagine is on SSD, that way you reduce the IOPS count a tenfold"

:psyboom:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Dunno I travel a lot for my job, Japan is really loving weird. Like even Vegas is more normal....

I can understand conversational japanese now, but holyshit is japan loving weird. All the meals are small as poo poo, everyone is like 5'6'' TOPS. All I do is go their explain "so yeah like you need to run vmware VDI this way so to golden imagine is on SSD, that way you reduce the IOPS count a tenfold", then all the companies want to do s go drink and watch soccer(football) every night.

Japan is really odd to visit. Glad Siri can translate most things I ask.

Perhaps it is you who is the mutant giant.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

What? Vmware View runs off of snaps on a golden image. Placing it on a SSD for reads decreases boot times a lot, FAST on EMC only works if you do the scheduling right; which most just leave at the default of 8 hours(same as DRS). It's surprisingly easy how cloud engineering is.

Strange Quark posted:

Perhaps it is you who is the mutant giant.

I'm 6'0''

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

This doesn't refute my hypothesis.

I'm 5'2"

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Strange Quark posted:

This doesn't refute my hypothesis.

I'm 5'2"

oh my Bad

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish I was short and cute.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What? Vmware View runs off of snaps on a golden image. Placing it on a SSD for reads decreases boot times a lot, FAST on EMC only works if you do the scheduling right; which most just leave at the default of 8 hours(same as DRS). It's surprisingly easy how cloud engineering is.

:psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Devil Tesla posted:

I wish I was short and cute.

at least im cute

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

I am so confused on this, wanna PM me what you mean. I am not getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

PotU posted:

at least im cute

• Locked thread