Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I can understand conversational japanese now, but holyshit is japan loving weird. All the meals are small as poo poo, everyone is like 5'6'' TOPS.
well yes people of different races usually have different physical features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The funny thing is I am taller than most people in my parents' families who live in Asia. The American diet works!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am so confused on this, wanna PM me what you mean. I am not getting it.

Nope. I'm just saying what sounds simple to you is absolute techno babble to me. It's cool though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

As a half white person let me tell you about race.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

computers are hard

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

All I do is go their explain "so yeah like you need to run vmware VDI this way so to golden imagine is on SSD, that way you reduce the IOPS count a tenfold"

Not sure what golden imagine is but I imagine IOPS would increase on an SSD (compared to a HDD I guess, not a ram drive). Lucky for me, I don't have to do ops stuff.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

Not dissing anyone because of it, I was just talking about what I have seen.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Not sure what golden imagine is but I imagine IOPS would increase on an SSD (compared to a HDD I guess, not a ram drive). Lucky for me, I don't have to do ops stuff.

place all reads on an SSD, which is super fast.

littleorv posted:

Nope. I'm just saying what sounds simple to you is absolute techno babble to me. It's cool though.
Ah okay sorry my job makes me travel a lot now, so when people go "japan is anime heaven" I laugh a lot

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Me too!

5'11 :sigh: one loving inch.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hi, anime chat thread. Having a good night? I'm going to catch up on all the anime I missed this busy weekend.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

GorfZaplen posted:

Hi, anime chat thread. Having a good night? I'm going to catch up on all the anime I missed this busy weekend.

I need to watch that anime about picking up girls in a dungeon

I'd like to pick up that job, but the more I work out the more I hate drinking.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 8, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What watching a bunch of anime has given me though is a curiosity about japanese cuisine. I really want to try raw egg over rice and ramen.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raw egg over rice is basically saying you like eggs over easy on rice but are too lazy to do the over easy part.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTf5EgVY5uU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Is there a reason why hunter x hunter hasn't been dubbed?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually the later episodes are better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ13oeUK0_g

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

What watching a bunch of anime has given me though is a curiosity about japanese cuisine. I really want to try raw egg over rice and ramen.

Yeah so I did a Don for my parents on chirstmas day, they love me cooking and I love Food Wars!

The good way to do egg over ramen is to leave the fat that you cook the meat with alone, then what you do is crack the egg and basically shake the plate for like 60-80 seconds(pinch some salt and some parsley with it, also gas or electric and what temp). Then slide that over the plate you cooked.

My hobby is cooking so let me know if you want something made and how to make it .

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

No matter your opinion on Ninja Slayer, I think we can all agree it has a drat good OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMXlEqlnAIg

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

GorfZaplen posted:

No matter your opinion on Ninja Slayer, I think we can all agree it has a drat good OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQw32oee4mc

Gintama has you beat

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

I wish I was short and cute.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I didn't even post the right video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PJxzxP3_RY

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

Is this really the right video

^^^ Well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really do like the Antibalas video, though.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Well poo poo can you fault me on that then?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Dilbert your life is too good, save some happiness for the rest of us.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The_Frag_Man posted:

Dilbert your life is too good, save some happiness for the rest of us.

whatever here is my fat hand

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 8, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Edit: nevermind

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

That's... Reasonable. I would pay $20 for that and not lose sleep.

Yeah I like it but my hand looks fat

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
dilbert your hand is fine

I guess that's what rich people think about all day.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This Kaiji show I'm watching is really good.

Your hand is fine. What a weird thing to be concerned about haha.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What the hell was up with the kikaider anime anyway, the tone on that show was weird

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now imagine the original toku show.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

littleorv posted:

This Kaiji show I'm watching is really good.

Your hand is fine. What a weird thing to be concerned about haha.

Which part

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Now imagine the original toku show.

Wasn't it just another rubber suit hero show that wasn't trying to do anything big or serious, just had some neat designs? All I know is that the guy who made it went on to make cyborg 009 and I guess when android kikaider was made they tried to mimic his art style.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm on the second episode of the e-card game. The rock, paper, scissors game was just the right amount of hosed up for me.

Ultimate survivor if that's what you meant.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Decided to not go into work tomorrow, what anime should I watch?

My email was: "Not feeling like coming in unless poo poo is hard down"

What anime should I watch tomorrow? I plan to work out all day and work on a tan.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I guess I should watch K-On at some point

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't it just another rubber suit hero show that wasn't trying to do anything big or serious, just had some neat designs? All I know is that the guy who made it went on to make cyborg 009 and I guess when android kikaider was made they tried to mimic his art style.

Shotaro Ishinomori holds the world record for most prolific comics artist. He wrote and often drew the manga for all of his tv shows. I bet they based the anime on the manga

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Or they didn't, sometimes they take a manga he did and go a completely different direction with it, like Skull Man or Gilgamesh.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

So like I don't feel like going into work tomorrow so is this something I can watch and work a tan on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

littleorv posted:

*commencing countdown until people start getting mad about how much money you make again.
I would just like to clarify that I'm not mad at Dilbert for being rich but since I don't know anything about Cross Ange I want to at least tease him about making major moolah and blowing it on commemorative LOGH mugs.

It's all I got man.

• Locked thread