Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
ranked is officially bullshit - started the day at B-, went up to B, down to C+, and now I'm back at B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yo cold blooded is really sweet. It's such a fun "look at me I'm the annoying ink brush player" skill I love it

E: but recon plus ink strike is also insane. When it doubt, fresh it out

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 8, 2015

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Deceptive Thinker posted:

ranked is officially bullshit - started the day at B-, went up to B, down to C+, and now I'm back at B

lmao that's like 25 games minimum. Carry harder and if you lose like 4 times in a row stop playing for a couple hours or the day.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

poo poo I never thought of that before. I could really see that messing up the other team in certain situations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

My dog died but I will honor her memory.

My cat died and his soul is stronger than your dog's!

(but seriously man :glomp: I know how that feels.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there any smell sweeter than seeing the jump-point of an incoming squid and sitting there with a charged sniper shot? People need to learn not to jump to the guy on point.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Count Uvula posted:

lmao that's like 25 games minimum. Carry harder and if you lose like 4 times in a row stop playing for a couple hours or the day.

That's what happened when I dropped back to C+, then I went like 12 games in a row

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Is there any smell sweeter than seeing the jump-point of an incoming squid and sitting there with a charged sniper shot? People need to learn not to jump to the guy on point.

I really don't understand why people do this, without stealth jump or recon going in anywhere totally blind is really bad. Unless the map/death tracker indicates that everyone else is far away, you're basically flashing a big "shoot me" sign, especially on smaller stages like warehouse where it takes you all of six seconds to reach the middle.

I have seen people jump to me right near the spawn too for that matter. Why? It literally takes longer to charge and jump than it does to swim. Just because you can jump does not mean you should.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Yo cold blooded is really sweet. It's such a fun "look at me I'm the annoying ink brush player" skill I love it

I'd probably do cold-blooded more if I ran melee in ranked. Ninja squid won't help you advance into the short range you need as easily, and you don't have as many defense options when someone uses eco, especially if you're a roller. You need the whole "can't find me because the whole floor's inked and I never stop moving/painting" thing to be effective and eco kills that.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Bruceski posted:

This but Roller. I just got like four kills in a match from people jumping on top of me.

Speaking of being an rear end in a top hat with Roller, I played my first Splat Zone match today and I get the sense my Stealth Roller strategy is going to be very useful here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IronicDongz posted:

I'm still mad that I can't buy my inkling hairstyles

inklings don't have hair

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Trent posted:

inklings don't have hair

I want wigs but with the tentacles coming out because Inklings don't fully understand the concept of hair.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Trent posted:

inklings don't have hair
squidstyles

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Callie doesn't actually have a hairstyle she just tied her tentacles in a knot and it was super embarrassing but everyone was impressed by it so all the boy squids try to emulate it. Well, that's my fanfic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

night slime
May 14, 2014
Is there a list of equipment buffs anywhere? Can't find anything.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

night slime posted:

Is there a list of equipment buffs anywhere? Can't find anything.

Was this what you wanted?
http://imgur.com/a/MohDh

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
team cat more like team dork !!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Hey.

Hey.

No.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guys come on. Team Dog.

For reals.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Can we really trust Judd to be impartial?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I am so digsuted by this dog cat war that im leaving. Good day.

there's a glitch to go out of bounds in inkopolis. here's one video I found showing how you you do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGtkqi0rJM

go team dog

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I might need to switch to that too then - ninja squid has felt drat near useless lately

Ninja Squid is part of my tactic, but don't tell nobody. I send out a seeker down a straight line that's a lil off where people are rushing to and then I trail down it and blast them from behind. Then my team essentially camps near their base to see where they're going or cut them off before they get in range to splat again.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is the voting for solatfest up yet?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't think it's up for a week or two yet. Be patient young grasshopper.

Memorable moment: Holding back the enemy from the middle section of Overpass, only to have a roller sneak from behind and rolling all of my team. Then we lost. God drat.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

noirstronaut posted:

Ninja Squid is part of my tactic, but don't tell nobody. I send out a seeker down a straight line that's a lil off where people are rushing to and then I trail down it and blast them from behind. Then my team essentially camps near their base to see where they're going or cut them off before they get in range to splat again.

If the enemy team is dumb enough to not realize you're going to sneak down the obvious charger trail then you could of beaten them with anything equipped. Either that or its so out of the way you didn't need to have ninja squid equipped in the first place since nobody was looking at you.

VVV Ink is not a precious commodity. If the enemy team isn't firing a single shot to interrupt the ink trail then they're just being foolish. People following seeker ink trails is an obvious tactic and you don't even need ninja squid to do it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 8, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Internet Kraken posted:

If the enemy team is dumb enough to not realize you're going to sneak down the obvious charger trail then you could of beaten them with anything equipped. Either that or its so out of the way you didn't need to have ninja squid equipped in the first place since nobody was looking at you.

People are way more concerned about covering their part of the splat zone to care about a stream of ink that they think was used to get a kill elsewhere. Ninja Squid makes me undetectable in the ink, if they saw even a bit of me flopping from not having it, they'd just axe me there.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Too bad Tentacool a jellyfish.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The difference between C+ and B- is like night and day, holy moley. Once you start getting placed in matches with mostly Bs its like a whole different game, one where you have teammates who know what they're doing

A SEXY MISTAKE
Nov 4, 2005

got to make some space

Drawing on that gamepad is hard.

A SEXY MISTAKE fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 8, 2015

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Reiley posted:

The difference between C+ and B- is like night and day, holy moley. Once you start getting placed in matches with mostly Bs its like a whole different game, one where you have teammates who know what they're doing

It really is. You go into the B ranks, and you go from every game being a knockout to every game being a grueling five minute war of attrition.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Get hype for Neon Sea Slugs
Even Nintendo knows they're the only shoes worth getting excited for

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So how do I make my outfit fresh or whatever

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Get to level 20 and then pay Spyke enough money for several large houses.
Monopoly is the freshest thing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bown posted:

So how do I make my outfit fresh or whatever

If you're talking about the start of the game "you must be this fresh to buy from me" it's character level. Get it by playing multiplayer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well I thought there was something where you were extra fresh if you were wearing clothing all from the same brand but now I'm starting to get like maybe I made that up

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Bown posted:

Well I thought there was something where you were extra fresh if you were wearing clothing all from the same brand but now I'm starting to get like maybe I made that up

Nah, just have fun with it and dress however you like. Having fun is the best way to stay fresh.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
gently caress Krackon spam. Some teams just loving suck and let them camp the zone. Shoot him you morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Maide posted:

Nah, just have fun with it and dress however you like. Having fun is the best way to stay fresh.

Even it means using a roller? I wish I could swap the x-axis on the gyroscope, not the thumbstick.

• Locked thread