Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember that time giorno showed how cool he was by drinking abbacchio's piss

Good times
There's a lot of piss and poo poo in jojo, when you think about it.

he's not even the first character to drink piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

DamnGlitch posted:

He even says as much in the anime so far, and he hints that it's also tied to taking over jons body fully. It's sum kinda retard video game logic to think that something with a stated x second limit could just be spammed willy nilly, though to be fair hierophant green spams the poo poo out of emerald splash all the time.
Yeah, it's never explicitly stated what the limitations are, I always just assumed there were some unspoken rules implicit in its execution.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

He's the first person to try to look cool doing it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pretty sure he succeeded in looking cool

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Bad Seafood posted:

Alternatively, I like the idea of Dio surfacing after a hundred years underwater to have Terrence explain video games to him.

Same. Dio interacting with modern technology and absolutely loving it always appealed to me. Imagine him riding on a plane for the first time.

Kurtofan posted:

I have a friend who's trying to get further into JoJo but the only thing that's stopping him is all the toilet humor because he reacts really badly to that kind of thing. How am I gonna break the news to him that Kakyoin makes an evil baby eat his own poop? :(

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

BaDandy posted:

Same. Dio interacting with modern technology and absolutely loving it always appealed to me. Imagine him riding on a plane for the first time.

I have a friend who's trying to get further into JoJo but the only thing that's stopping him is all the toilet humor because he reacts really badly to that kind of thing. How am I gonna break the news to him that Kakyoin makes an evil baby eat his own poop? :(

Assure him the baby really deserved it and much worse. Alternatively, that's really far in and he might be hooked by that point? Would the earlier bits with Polnareff licking a toilet be too bad? Or the Indian hotel worker cackling at the thought of his boss having his rear end licked by pigs?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 7, 2015

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yeah, the pig thing and Polnareff licking the toilet would be pretty bad. He'd either need stuff cut or a guide that goes "skip over this, this, and this," which I wouldn't mind making because I've started to read through from the beginning anyway.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Broseph Brostar posted:

Pretty sure he succeeded in looking cool

He did succeed in looking cool because he turned his teeth into jellyfish to absorb the piss and that was very cool. Giorno is super boring, but his ability to turn his body parts into animals was rad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Birthday! Araki allegedly turns 55 today, June 7!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll celebrate after he shows his birth certificate. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I forgot Giorno drank piss.

JJBA never skimps on the bizarre.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Waffleman_ posted:

Happy 30th 25th birthday, Araki.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

:toot: !!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Happy Arakiversary everybody.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Waffleman_ posted:

In human years, anyway.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I suppose it's 55 years since he was awakened from the pillar.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ManlyGrunting posted:

Bro has pretty different connotations though: it implies familiarity and parity instead of admiration.

Only without context. English may not have many words with special meanings to them like Japanese does, but it still has the same concepts if used contextually.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rereading Stardust, Jotaro's stand ability is obviously doing whatever the gently caress he wants with it, ending with, "Oh you can stop time? Screw it, my stand can too, so there!" Sucking in air, star fingers, stopping hearts, whatever he feels like, depending on the plot. Then he starts playing with dolphins and decides to just stop time for a few seconds.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's a reason why I said Part 3's Star Platinum's power is doing whatever it takes to move the plot forward.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Star Platinum is just the best stand that ever standed whats so hard to understand

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Darko posted:

Rereading Stardust, Jotaro's stand ability is obviously doing whatever the gently caress he wants with it, ending with, "Oh you can stop time? Screw it, my stand can too, so there!" Sucking in air, star fingers, stopping hearts, whatever he feels like, depending on the plot. Then he starts playing with dolphins and decides to just stop time for a few seconds.

Well considering Dio's Stand triggered the others, it's not a stretch to imagine that they would get powers similar to his as well. Jotaro got Star Platinum. which is his version of The World, while Joseph got Hermit Purple, which is his version of whatever Jonathan's Stand is called.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

El Hefe posted:

Star Platinum is just the best stand that ever standed whats so hard to understand

And now I must inflict this on you all again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UH_V5OtBiY

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Until Gold Experience Requiem shows up with its Stand power of "nope, nuh uh, you cant' do anything to me"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darko posted:

Until Gold Experience Requiem shows up with its Stand power of "nope, nuh uh, you cant' do anything to me"

When you think about it, it's actually pretty funny the the most broken Stand power ever is literally the final argument of a petulent child throwing a tantrum while playing pretend.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Sekkira posted:

And now I must inflict this on you all again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UH_V5OtBiY

Voice of an angel.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

When you think about it, it's actually pretty funny the the most broken Stand power ever is literally the final argument of a petulent child throwing a tantrum while playing pretend.

For the child of Dio Brando, I can think of no power more fitting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody know what font the people used for the old battle tendency scans is?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I forgot Giorno drank piss.

JJBA never skimps on the adventure.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BaDandy posted:

Yeah, the pig thing and Polnareff licking the toilet would be pretty bad. He'd either need stuff cut or a guide that goes "skip over this, this, and this," which I wouldn't mind making because I've started to read through from the beginning anyway.

Any reading of JoJo that skips over Polnareff's bathroom adventures is an incomplete reading :colbert:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

So, I just realized Araki has the same birthday as Prince. Both are known for not aging, androgynous imagery, and general awesomeness. Also, Prince is the most reference artist by Araki, period. I think I figured out something here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

List of vampires:

Prince
Araki
Sakurai
Keanu
Pharrell

Who else?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Awaken my masters... your birthday candles are about to burn out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Waffleman_ posted:

List of vampires:

Prince
Araki
Sakurai
Keanu
Pharrell

Who else?

Araki is Cars, Keanu is Whammu, Sakurai is Eisidisi...
Prince is Santana
Who would that make Pharrell?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pharrell is DIO because Daft Punk is his Stand.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Waffleman_ posted:

List of vampires:

Prince
Araki
Sakurai
Keanu
Pharrell

Who else?

Kojima

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Pharrell is DIO because Daft Punk is his Stand.

Would 「Daft Punk」 be two entities, or just one, still applying the rule of One Stand per user?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're one. It's like Bad Company or Harvest.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah, fair enough. Probably more like Sex Pistols in that each of the little stands have a personality, so to speak.

Also 「Daft Punk: Around the World」 is totally a major villain stand/move.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Zeruel posted:

Yeah, fair enough. Probably more like Sex Pistols in that each of the little stands have a personality, so to speak.

Also 「Daft Punk: Around the World」 is totally a major villain stand/move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

FirstAidKite posted:

Anybody know what font the people used for the old battle tendency scans is?

One of them is Wild Words, the rest I don't recognize.