Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Guys.. Google Photos is doing all my fatherly video-editing work for me. This is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

god this blows posted:

You can change the long swipe to be delete. It's under settings, and then swipe options

Yeah, I meant how you can start swiping to Archive, but then if you swipe further it turns into Delete, like this:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Eight Is Legend posted:

Yeah, I meant how you can start swiping to Archive, but then if you swipe further it turns into Delete, like this:

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of Mailbox, but that was a drat cool feature that I wish Outlook had.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Guys.. Google Photos is doing all my fatherly video-editing work for me. This is the poo poo.

What?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

flosofl posted:

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of Mailbox, but that was a drat cool feature that I wish Outlook had.

But Outlook does have it - I just used it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

I guess all the editing he would do when making photo albums for people that were just slideshows with music.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

rear end Catchcum posted:

Mailbox is the best mail app.

I can't get over its inability to simply show me a badge that shows how many unread mails I have in my Inbox, like, y'know, every single other mail app in the history of mail apps does.

I like it a lot otherwise, but that really fucks with me.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

noirstronaut posted:

I guess all the editing he would do when making photo albums for people that were just slideshows with music.

Google Photos has made (100% without me doing anything but uploading my photo library)

Interactive stories.
Filtered photos.
Collages.
Animated gifs (from multiple similar photos)
Movies, with edits and soundtracks and filters..

It's pretty drat neat.

Animation: https://goo.gl/photos/33ezoEtLn3CvjmV58

Video: https://goo.gl/photos/v7PP6joUGsTVqjDQ9

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 1, 2015

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

smr posted:

I can't get over its inability to simply show me a badge that shows how many unread mails I have in my Inbox, like, y'know, every single other mail app in the history of mail apps does.

I like it a lot otherwise, but that really fucks with me.

Ya, really, sure it can count all the messages in you inbox, but it can only show a '1' if you just want to display unread. I am also annoyed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

porktree posted:

Ya, really, sure it can count all the messages in you inbox, but

if we're talking about Outlook, no... it cannot even do that...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Feenix posted:

I awoke to Google Photos having about 10 edited, filtered and soundtracked videos.

Pretty loving cool.

Mine seems to be doing dumb things like "collages" of my wedding with the same 3-4 people in each collage, an "animation" which did correctly identify multiple photos taken at the same spot but did not do any same point recognition and auto cropping to get rid of the shaky cam effect , or "enhancing" a photo by applying an Instagram filter onto it.

To be fair it hasn't uploaded my whole library yet.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

porktree posted:

But Outlook does have it - I just used it.

You mean a short swipe to the left for Archive and then a long swipe to the left for Delete? I can only get it to delete on a swipe to the left. There must be a setting I've missed.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Are Google photos automatically shared with Google+ or something? If so, can I turn that off?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

tuyop posted:

Are Google photos automatically shared with Google+ or something? If so, can I turn that off?

They are not, as far as i can tell.

werewerewolf
Mar 22, 2001

flosofl posted:

You mean a short swipe to the left for Archive and then a long swipe to the left for Delete? I can only get it to delete on a swipe to the left. There must be a setting I've missed.

MS removed the long swipes when they rebranded Accompli to Outlook.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
How are you guys letting Google photos upload? I have to keep waking up the screen for it to continue uploading, which is a bit of a hassle. Or does it do that overnight when plugged in?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

How are you guys letting Google photos upload? I have to keep waking up the screen for it to continue uploading, which is a bit of a hassle. Or does it do that overnight when plugged in?

It looks like it'll upload automatically when plugged in.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Someone earlier wrote to initially let Google Photos upload on your computer if possible. I started ~9k photos a few days ago and it still isn't done. To be fair, I'm on my home MacBook about an hour and a half or so each night.

I can't imagine trying to get the process done on my phone.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ShoogaSlim posted:

Someone earlier wrote to initially let Google Photos upload on your computer if possible. I started ~9k photos a few days ago and it still isn't done. To be fair, I'm on my home MacBook about an hour and a half or so each night.

Set auto off to never, make sure you're on wifi, plug it in, flip it over, go to sleep. I had like 4k and it was done in a night.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

EC posted:

Set auto off to never, make sure you're on wifi, plug it in, flip it over, go to sleep. I had like 4k and it was done in a night.

It seems to background sync when plugged in. Did about 1.5k photos from the phone overnight. Also uploaded about 3k photos from PC in a few hours.

It's a shame i can't get it to display my photos by folder, as i already have them all categorised as I like them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is Overcast generally considered the best third-party Podcast app for the iPhone? I remember hearing the default apple one can be kind of a pain.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

I think that was me and it finished yesterday. Some movies didn't upload because of the obvious huge file size but the majority of it got through just fine.

Some of the time stamps are hosed which is weird because everything displays correctly on my iCloud Library.

I'll install on my iPad again and see if it tries to go through the upload or if it picks up that the library is already there.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 4, 2015

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Geight posted:

Is Overcast generally considered the best third-party Podcast app for the iPhone? I remember hearing the default apple one can be kind of a pain.

I've heard good things, but I went with Pocket Casts since I used it back in my Android days. You'd probably be happy with either, but reviews should be able to sort that out for you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh God, Google Photos can't tell that my iPad (or iPhone for that matter) library is the same library I uploaded from my Mac so when I signed in on my iPad it started uploading everything again.

EDIT: Actually I have no idea what the gently caress it's doing. It's going through every photo as if it was uploading but checking photos.google.com on a computer is not reflecting these additions.

EDIT: It does seem to be handling duplicates fine after it downloads the original to the device to make sure. So if you have a big rear end iCloud Library and want this poo poo on your phone it looks like you're going to have to go through downloading the entire loving thing on each device which seems kinda dumb but that's ~*the cloud *~

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 4, 2015

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

:siren: Weather widget news :siren:

The notification center weather widget that I designed, posted in this thread, then sold has finally gone live (as a part of a full app) on the app store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atmos/id949017360

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with the rest of this app and receive no royalties.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

The Dave posted:

The notification center weather widget that I designed, posted in this thread, then sold has finally gone live (as a part of a full app) on the app store:

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with the rest of this app and receive no royalties.

What kind of podcasts does this support?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All of them.

The dev gave me a free copy of the app, I like what he did with the widget, made all the options customizable:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
give me a free copy of the app

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Geight posted:

Yes. Clean, simple and smart speed and voice boosts are fantastic. Well worth the money.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cozmosis posted:

Yes. Clean, simple and smart speed and voice boosts are fantastic. Well worth the money.
Yeah I'm cheap as gently caress and never pay for apps and I bought Overcast. It and Wolfram Alpha are the only ones I've bought.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Downcast is still better than Overcast, actually.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Dave posted:

... That's kinda weird that he's not giving you a cut for your work, isn't it?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The App Of The Week thing has 2do for free now, down from 15 bucks.

It's pretty good but I don't really see what justifies the 15 dollar pricetag

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Teddybear posted:

... That's kinda weird that he's not giving you a cut for your work, isn't it?

If he sold it then he did get paid for his work, just in a lump sum and not a royalty thing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah, he sold it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh! Oh. Okay. :blush:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I sold it for a flat fee because I spent very little time on it and think I won't get as much of a return with a low royalty percent.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Where does Google photos save the animations it generates?

Nevermind. Puts them with the photos they were generated with. Duh

Donald Kimball fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 6, 2015

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I want to set up a list of categories with an associated number of hours per week, and keep track as I allocate hours to each category as I go through the week. Like I'd have

project A - 10 hours
project B - 5 hours
project C - 5 hours
etc

and then if I logged an hour on project A it'd show '9 remaining/10 total' or whatever.

This sounds convoluted and weird as I'm reading it back, but its really simpler than I'm making it sound and I'm almost positive there's an app (or apps) that does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Asana might do what you want, or one of the similar project management apps/suites.