Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

BBC are saying Ings to Liverpool is done pending medical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Settling for mediocrity it seems.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

euroboy posted:

Settling for mediocrity it seems.

Its probably the best offer Ings got

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Lol

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Italian sources are saying that Pedro Obiang to West Ham from Sampdoria is agreed at about £4.6 million pending personal terms. Would be an absolute steal if that goes through.

Sampdoria were also interested in Valencia going the other way but we told them to gently caress off.

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'd love a bit of Pako.

A bit underwhelmed by the Ings transfer TBF. We don't need a Giroud type of striker, we need someone better. Having said that, I believe he will score loads of goals.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Italian sources are saying that Pedro Obiang to West Ham from Sampdoria is agreed at about £4.6 million pending personal terms. Would be an absolute steal if that goes through.

Sampdoria were also interested in Valencia going the other way but we told them to gently caress off.

I know nothing about Obiang but I'm glad Valencia is sticking around.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

What the

Seriously though, Ings isn't a bad pick up. It's not a hugely exciting one but given his age and nationality I think it's a pretty low risk gamble. Ideally we'll bring in a proven striker but with Mario and Lambert still on the books and Origi coming in they might hold off. I just hope Sturridge isn't dead :ohdear:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I know nothing about Obiang but I'm glad Valencia is sticking around.

Good passer of the ball, solid defensive midfielder. Decent replacement for Alex Song at that price. Although it looks like A.C. Milan are trying to hijack the deal. Would be pretty typical for that to happen seeing as we've been after Obiang for months now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ewar Woowar posted:

What the

Seriously though, Ings isn't a bad pick up. It's not a hugely exciting one but given his age and nationality I think it's a pretty low risk gamble. Ideally we'll bring in a proven striker but with Mario and Lambert still on the books and Origi coming in they might hold off. I just hope Sturridge isn't dead :ohdear:

You forgot Borini

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Liverpool's transfer committee is a sad joke.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Surely someone somewhere will buy Balotelli off them for £5M or so? I mean he'd score a few goals back in Italy you'd have thought.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Blue Star Error posted:

dammit

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Blue Star Error posted:

lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Surely someone somewhere will buy Balotelli off them for £5M or so? I mean he'd score a few goals back in Italy you'd have thought.

Nothing he's done in the last two years suggests he's worth his current wages, let alone £5m on top.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
I am ~okay~ with Ings coming on board. He's a better option up front than anything else we had this season and surely the committee will bring in another striking option.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think Balotelli to Newcastle would be a sensible move for all concerned.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Even with our squad being as one-ply thin as it is I still wouldn't take Balotelli for any price.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
And this is exactly why people expecting Balotelli to be part of some massive clearout are deluded. His reputation is shot and any attempt to offload him stinks so obviously of desperation that Liverpool will at least be paying part (if not most) of his wages for the remainder of his contract unless his goal tally improves massively. If Brendan Rodgers got fired, Liverpool could at least pretend that a new manager would utilize him, but given how Rodgers is staying, any bargaining posturing isn't going to work.

It's going to be Joe Cole Pt. 2 and Liverpool fans just need to get used to that.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Xabi posted:

I'd love a bit of Pako.

A bit underwhelmed by the Ings transfer TBF. We don't need a Giroud type of striker, we need someone better. Having said that, I believe he will score loads of goals.

Giroud is better than any current LFC player, though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Broletariat posted:

Giroud is better than any current LFC player, though.
Just saving this little gem.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

Tbf it's true now that Sturridge died.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

He scored more than any Liverpool player this past season so I'm not sure how much gloating fuel you're going to get from this.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I'm not slagging him off TBF. Every squad needs a Borini or a Giroud.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Xabi posted:

Interpret it as ~ 70% an indictment against your current squad and 30% praise for Giroud.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Xabi posted:

Lol loving delusional stuff, this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

This is an amazing post.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Ings scored more goals than all Liverpoo forwards combined so I don't see what's the big deal

:twisted: as long as they implode by the end of the year they can in bring in Ibra as far as I am concerned :twisted:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Imagine watching Giroud score 18 in 27 for third place arsenal and thinking "hmm just like Borini"

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Xabi posted:

Nice meltdown

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whats this I'm hearing about zlatan to arsenal?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

oliwan posted:

Whats this I'm hearing about zlatan to arsenal?

It's not 1999 anymore

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I refuse to believe Ings is 22. He has the face of someone about to retire from professional football.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
He looks like an old Michael Owen.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Imagine watching Giroud score 18 in 27 for third place arsenal and thinking "hmm just like Borini"

Let him dream

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Liverpool should stop buying good English players and making them bad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What the hell is Chance con.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cheese posted:

I refuse to believe Ings is 22. He has the face of someone about to retire from professional football.

Well he is about to sign for Liverpool, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

What the hell is Chance con.

Chance conversion.

• Locked thread